EU opinion based sanctions-regime suffers minor defeat

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Nov 14, 2012
Doucheland
We know the EU is freezing the money and property of Russians. Their only options to avoid the outright theft are either passing away or speaking up against the Russian government in a "public and systematic" manner. Now two oligarchs won their cases at the EU sanctions court. Their problem is their cases are two years old and the court ruling does not consider the updated sanctions of 2023 and 2024. Their money will not be unfrozen for now.

In English:
News

More like virtue-signaling sanctions.

LOL.....I watched a video on shopping in Russia a year and a half after sanctions were imposed.....Other, less "virturious", countries have stepped in and now Russians have better, and in a lot of cases cheaper, choices than before!

The young woman used cola as a example.....Before she had one choice of a cola.....Now she has eight.....She said, "Thanks Sanctions!"

More like virtue-signaling sanctions.

LOL.....I watched a video on shopping in Russia a year and a half after sanctions were imposed.....Other, less "virturious", countries have stepped in and now Russians have better, and in a lot of cases cheaper, choices than before!

The young woman used cola as a example.....Before she had one choice of a cola.....Now she has eight.....She said, "Thanks Sanctions!"
There was a video posted here of a Russian mall. A westener made it and put it on his Youtube. The most western brands there did not even go away, but changed their names very slightly - with the original goods in the stores. Western companies that operate in Russia and get their resources locally do also not violate the sanctions.

There is not a sanction that I am aware of that has not worked in Russia's favour or has not been easy to circumvent .
Russia is now stronger in every respect than when sanctions were applied .

The key points of Russia being 100% self sufficient if required , and having plenty of allies were utterly missed .

Forum List

Back