What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ESPN latest political move...getting Hank Aaron to comment on Kaepernick.

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Henry Aaron: Kaepernick 'getting a raw deal'

Baseball legend Henry Aaron and the NAACP have weighed in on the fate of unsigned quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

Aaron, in an online video published Wednesday by AllThatTV, said he thinks Kaepernick is "getting a raw deal" and called on an NFL team to give the outspoken quarterback "a chance to do his thing."

----------------------

So now that pathetic network pushing the Kaepernick victim crap down our throats by getting Hank Aaron to comment on his poor little situation.

They shrugged off the fact that Kaepernick wore a castro shirt. I mean what's the big deal about that?

Oh, but Brady having a Trump in his locker. Well, now that was a problem.

Fidel castro? Very admirable.

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
No team wants him. Bottom line.

Crixus

Gold Member
Reaction score

Baseball legend Henry Aaron and the NAACP have weighed in on the fate of unsigned quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

Aaron, in an online video published Wednesday by AllThatTV, said he thinks Kaepernick is "getting a raw deal" and called on an NFL team to give the outspoken quarterback "a chance to do his thing."

----------------------

So now that pathetic network pushing the Kaepernick victim crap down our throats by getting Hank Aaron to comment on his poor little situation.

They shrugged off the fact that Kaepernick wore a castro shirt. I mean what's the big deal about that?

Aside from the fact that the guy sucks. He lost his stuff. Hank Aaron is basically saying that since this dude looks black he is entitled to be signed to team ? No one watching sports gives two fucks about who kaepernic loves politically, they want to watch football and they want their team to win. This kid lost his game. He sucks. If he wants a team to sign him maybe he can talk to Tim Tebow. But as he is now, I would sign him as a towel boy and give him $8.00 an hour.

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm tired of hearing about Kaeperdick, he made his bed he can sleep in it

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
Reaction score
The NFL doesn't want the negative press. Same reason ESPN says they pulled Robert Lee for the VA game

-Geaux

OP
Theowl32

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The NFL doesn't want the negative press. Same reason ESPN says they pulled Robert Lee for the VA game

-Geaux
The same pathetic network mind you that claims they took Robert Lee off of that game cause they did not want controvery.....is the same network that attacks the WHITE OWNERS of the NFL cause they too are avoiding a controversy?

The funny thing is the left wing will refuse to see the unreal hypocrisy.

Compost

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hank Aaron was a good baseball player. His opinion here means nothing.

Papageorgio

The Ultimate Winner
Reaction score

-Geaux
The same pathetic network mind you that claims they took Robert Lee off of that game cause they did not want controvery.....is the same network that attacks the WHITE OWNERS of the NFL cause they too are avoiding a controversy?

The funny thing is the left wing will refuse to see the unreal hypocrisy.

Robert Lee is an Asian American, pulled for his name. Not for the content of his character but because his name might offend. I find the letters ESPN very offensive and should be removed.

DGS49

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The opinions of reasonable people can differ on this subject. None is definitive - even Henry Aaron's.

There are good reasons why a team might want to sign him, and good reasons not to do so. Each NFL owner is considering his own financial prospects in whether to sign any player. Having an outside agency (even "public opinion," which is mixed, so say the least) render its opinion is an unfunny joke.

Like it or not, the revenue coming into NFL coffers from the so-called "Black Community" is nothing more than a trickle of the total. If every Black NFL fan withheld his (or her) support over this issue, would the NFL even notice?

Probably not.

jwoodie

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Black players only represent 70% of the NFL. What a raw deal!

The Original Tree

Diamond Member
Reaction score
HANK AARON, PILL POPPER...who DRUGGED HIS WAY TO BABE RUTH'S RECORD.
SHAMEFUL

jwoodie

Gold Member
Reaction score
Kaepernick is a second rate QB with a bad attitude and political baggage. Why should any team take him on? And why doesn't he take another name (like Fidel Castro) instead of continuing to embarrass his parents?

jwoodie

Gold Member
Reaction score

Good, but not great. Basically, he hit 30 home runs and batted .300 for 25 years. Never hit 50 in a season. Makes me think of Roger Maris, who also broke one of Babe Ruth's home run records. Would anyone trade Ruth for either (or both) of them?

Compost

Platinum Member
Reaction score

Good, but not great. Basically, he hit 30 home runs and batted .300 for 25 years. Never hit 50 in a season. Makes me think of Roger Maris, who also broke one of Babe Ruth's home run records. Would anyone trade Ruth for either (or both) of them?
Nit picker.

jwoodie

Gold Member
Reaction score
Q. Who hit the most home runs in the 1950s?

1. Mickey Mantle?
2. Hank Aaron?
3. Willie Mays?
4. Joe Dimaggio?

A. Duke Snider.

blackhawk

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Couple of things first as a starter he had a record of 28 wins 30 loses not overly impressive second he chose to opt out of his contract with the San Francisco to go into free agency not a wise decision considering his record and the fact he has a reputation of being a distraction to the team. NFL teams have proven over the years they will take a chance on guys like this if they are difference makers on the field Colin has not proven he is that type of player. It's a simple matter of risk versus reward and the teams have decided the risk of singing him outweighs the reward.

WillMunny

Gold Member
Reaction score
ESPN is doubling down on the very bullshit that's already costing them god knows how many viewers. Einstein's definition of madness is to keep repeating the same action while expecting a different result.

BrokeLoser

Platinum Member
Reaction score

----------------------

while-colin-kaepernick-refuses-to-stand-1773-we-have-real-12385911.png

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Reaction score
Boy, ESPN sure has gone the PC Communist/Progressive Media route. It's become the 'CNN Fake News' of sports media. The PC stuff is so over-the-top. I mean it even recently removed an Asian reporter named 'Robert Lee' from covering some events. I swear i would never watch ESPN again if it didn't show Monday Night Football and some big College Football games. But i will avoid it for the most part now. I hope it folds at some point.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$142.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List