Escalating gun crime in New Zealand...but, they just banned guns....right? Didn't criminals get the message?

So...Australia is dumping violent criminals into New Zealand......and those criminals are using guns to commit crimes.....

But....I thought it was guns that caused crime...not criminals....

Worsening gun violence linked to gang turf wars, illicit drugs and the insidious cancer of organised crime has left more than 350 people with firearms injuries across Auckland in five years.

More than half of the wounded were treated at Middlemore Hospital as violence in South Auckland spilled over into bloodshed, leaving numerous people dead and scores of others fighting for their lives

Auckland Mayor Phil Goff has serious concerns about the growing use of firearms.

He has written to the Police Minister and will meet Deputy Police Commissioner John Tims next week to discuss how to tackle the spate of shootings and toxic impact of gangs

These 501s have swamped the domestic crime scene with a level of violence that is far in excess of what the domestic NZ gangs use and with their South American Cartel links, the 501s are importing a purer and cheaper meth that is causing enormous damage in our communities.

They don't kill nearly as many as us. We should do what they are doing.
View attachment 432284

And you ignore the part where it says "increasing gun crime," even after they have banned guns.......showing that banning guns does nothing to stop criminals.

Their gun death rate is much lower than ours. We should be doing what they are doing.

Their gun death rate has nothing to do with normal citizens owning and carrying guns....as the U.S. experience shows...our gun crime rates went down 75%, our gun murder rate went down 49%, and even our violent crime rate went down 72% as more, not fewer, Americans own and carry guns.

Now today, with this New Zealand Article....they banned guns.....gun crime is increasing.......normal Kiwis turned in their guns, and yet their gun crime rate is going up, not down.

Why?

Australia is dumping gun criminals into Kiwi Land.......

It isn't the guns, it is the criminals....if you weren't an irrational fool you would understand that.

If their crime rates, specifically their gun crime rates, mean nothing, then why do you keep posting about it? dumb ass

Moron.....I know you don't want to discuss this honestly, since all you care about is hating gun owners.

I post about the stupidity of taking guns away from law abiding people who own guns and do not use them for gun crime or murder.

You don't care about law abiding people protecting themselves from criminals, you hate the fact that they own guns and could care less about criminals attacking them.

You're getting dumber by the day. I've had guns since I was given my first .410 for Christmas in 62. Wanting common sense gun control is not the same as coming for your guns, dumb ass.

Yes....it is. There isn't "common sense" gun control that you can name that doesdo what you claim you want it to do.

For the last 27 years, more and more Americans now own and over 19.4 million Americans now carry guns for self defense in public. Over that 27 years, gun crime went down 75%.............gun murder down 49%........and accidental gun deaths have also gone down........so your call for "Common Sense" gun control laws is not supported by the actual, real world experience with more guns in more hands.

Nothing you say you want is based in rational thought. Americans are extremely responsible with the 600 million guns that they own and the over 19.4 million that they actually carry out in public.

Your call for "common sense" gun control is nothing more than incremental gun confiscation....making it harder, little by little, for normal Americans to be able to own and carry guns, with no effect on actual criminals.

Last edited:
So...Australia is dumping violent criminals into New Zealand......and those criminals are using guns to commit crimes.....

Worsening gun violence linked to gang turf wars, illicit drugs and the insidious cancer of organised crime has left more than 350 people with firearms injuries across Auckland in five years.

More than half of the wounded were treated at Middlemore Hospital as violence in South Auckland spilled over into bloodshed, leaving numerous people dead and scores of others fighting for their lives

Auckland Mayor Phil Goff has serious concerns about the growing use of firearms.

He has written to the Police Minister and will meet Deputy Police Commissioner John Tims next week to discuss how to tackle the spate of shootings and toxic impact of gangs

These 501s have swamped the domestic crime scene with a level of violence that is far in excess of what the domestic NZ gangs use and with their South American Cartel links, the 501s are importing a purer and cheaper meth that is causing enormous damage in our communities.

View attachment 432284

And you ignore the part where it says "increasing gun crime," even after they have banned guns.......showing that banning guns does nothing to stop criminals.

Their gun death rate is much lower than ours. We should be doing what they are doing.

Their gun death rate has nothing to do with normal citizens owning and carrying guns....as the U.S. experience shows...our gun crime rates went down 75%, our gun murder rate went down 49%, and even our violent crime rate went down 72% as more, not fewer, Americans own and carry guns.

Now today, with this New Zealand Article....they banned guns.....gun crime is increasing.......normal Kiwis turned in their guns, and yet their gun crime rate is going up, not down.

Why?

It isn't the guns, it is the criminals....if you weren't an irrational fool you would understand that.

If their crime rates, specifically their gun crime rates, mean nothing, then why do you keep posting about it? dumb ass

Moron.....I know you don't want to discuss this honestly, since all you care about is hating gun owners.

I post about the stupidity of taking guns away from law abiding people who own guns and do not use them for gun crime or murder.

You don't care about law abiding people protecting themselves from criminals, you hate the fact that they own guns and could care less about criminals attacking them.

You're getting dumber by the day. I've had guns since I was given my first .410 for Christmas in 62. Wanting common sense gun control is not the same as coming for your guns, dumb ass.

The guns you own......how often do you use them to commit crimes and murder people?

View attachment 432284

Why?

From the CDC Wisqars website....

Accidental Gun deaths...

Non-fatal gun injuries.....

This, as more Americans own and carry guns......over 19.4 million American now carry guns for self defense....and the accidental gun death rate is cut almost in half.........

1990s......200 million guns in private hands

2018....over 600 million guns in private hands....

You don't know what you are talking about..........

Last edited:

If I were a criminal who made my bread and butter from stick-ups, I'd be on the next boat to New Zealand.

An entire nation of sitting ducks, if a law abider were to pull a weapon on you, just rat them out to the police.

We all know Liberals are dumber than a door knob and their stupid idea of banning firearms from law abiding citizens is a great example of that stupidity.

Jesus. More US gun nut bloviating. Oh, it's 2aguy, should have known. No, guns aren't banned, we still have firearms. He's been told this many times before, but he's a bit slow. Oh well. It may get through to him in a decade or two.

Jesus. More US gun nut bloviating. Oh, it's 2aguy, should have known. No, guns aren't banned, we still have firearms. He's been told this many times before, but he's a bit slow. Oh well. It may get through to him in a decade or two.

Don't count on it. He's just nuts, and there is no sign of him getting better.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm

No, they haven't banned guns.
Does that answer your question?

Yes...they have...

Yes...they have...

No...they really haven't...
Nearly 300,000[1] licensed firearm owners own and use New Zealand's estimated 1.5 million[1] firearms.[2] Gun licences are issued at the discretion of the police provided they consider the person to be of good standing[3][4] and without criminal, psychiatric or drug issues; as well as meeting other conditions such as having suitable storage facilities. Several different categories of licence are permitted, with the most common, "A Category", permitting access to sporting configuration rifles and shotguns.

Yes...they have...

Nearly 300,000[1] licensed firearm owners own and use New Zealand's estimated 1.5 million[1] firearms.[2] Gun licences are issued at the discretion of the police provided they consider the person to be of good standing[3][4] and without criminal, psychiatric or drug issues; as well as meeting other conditions such as having suitable storage facilities. Several different categories of licence are permitted, with the most common, "A Category", permitting access to sporting configuration rifles and shotguns.

Again...

It outlaws military-style semiautomatic weapons and assault rifles, and some gun parts, and violators face five years in prison.

These guns are banned.......

Yes...they have...

Comparing our crime rate to New Zealand's clearly shows they are doing something right. We should do what they are doing.
1609188588583.png

Yes...they have...

Again...

It outlaws military-style semiautomatic weapons and assault rifles, and some gun parts, and violators face five years in prison.

And fully automatic weapons are effectively banned here. What is your point?

View attachment 432284

Why?

The guns you own......how often do you use them to commit crimes and murder people?

I have never gotten drunk and killed anybody with my car. Does that mean I should be allowed to drive drunk?

Yes...they have...

Comparing our crime rate to New Zealand's clearly shows they are doing something right. We should do what they are doing.
View attachment 434425

Yes....they have criminals who don't want to commit murder....we need to trade our criminals for their criminals.

Normal people owning and carrying guns has no effect on the gun crime and gun murder rate...as 27 years of increased gun ownership and carrying in the U.S. shows.........so it isn't guns that is the issue.....

Our issue is the democrat party releasing violent gun offenders, felons with illegal guns and even using them to shoot people....releasing them over and over again...that is where 95% of our gun crime comes from...

So.....

1) Trade our criminals for their criminals.

2) Stop the democrat party from releasing violent gun offenders.

There.....that is what they are doing right......their criminals don't commit murder and they don't have the democrat party releasing violent gun offenders over and over again.

Yes...they have...

Again...

And fully automatic weapons are effectively banned here. What is your point?

The rifles they banned in Australia are not military weapons......they are semi-automatic rifles, pistols and shotguns......

But they are banned...he said they weren't banned......

View attachment 432284

Why?

I have never gotten drunk and killed anybody with my car. Does that mean I should be allowed to drive drunk?

What does that have to do with anything.....

I own guns...and as long as I don't use them for crimes, my owning them isn't a problem.

Are you drunk now?

Yes...they have...

View attachment 434425

Yes....they have criminals who don't want to commit murder....we need to trade our criminals for their criminals.

Normal people owning and carrying guns has no effect on the gun crime and gun murder rate...as 27 years of increased gun ownership and carrying in the U.S. shows.........so it isn't guns that is the issue.....

Our issue is the democrat party releasing violent gun offenders, felons with illegal guns and even using them to shoot people....releasing them over and over again...that is where 95% of our gun crime comes from...

So.....

1) Trade our criminals for their criminals.

2) Stop the democrat party from releasing violent gun offenders.

There.....that is what they are doing right......their criminals don't commit murder and they don't have the democrat party releasing violent gun offenders over and over again.

You're saying the difference is that their criminals just don't WANT to murder people. You know that's batshit crazy, don't you?

View attachment 432284

Why?

What does that have to do with anything.....

I own guns...and as long as I don't use them for crimes, my owning them isn't a problem.

Are you drunk now?

And I like to drink as much as I like to drive. Using your logic, as long as I don't run over anyone while I'm drunk, My drunk driving isn't a problem, right?

Forum List

Back