Epic social collapse?

America worked wonderfully when it was a monoculture. Once the doors were thrown open to the third-world, and European-Americans stopped having children, our fate was set.

If we were truly a capitalist country, we wouldnt need the govt to wipe our ass for it. Especially since they are usually the ones to fuck everything up. Like healthcare.
The corporatism that runs our economy picks the winners and losers. THAT is what needs to change. Make the govt smaller, not bigger.
Why not make the country smaller? How about our army smaller... Or our incomes smaller... What do you even mean by saying “corporatism picks the winners and losers“?

Are you talking about Federal Reserve money creation and “crony capitalism”?
That is certainly a big chunk of it, yes.

I don’t know if our society can re-cover from the “collapse” you describe. The signs of social and political collapse have been visible for some time. Covid-19 was just a trigger. The increased unemployment we now suffer I don’t think will go away anytime soon.

As for debt, there you have hit a nail on the head. I am one of the lucky and prepared ones. No debt. Lived within my means ... always. Never was rich, but now I feel safer than most. You are right that we live in a “rich” society where most can barely make ends meet, and half cannot live on savings for more than a few weeks. The present economic crisis will probably drive at least another ten percent of the population permanently into the “no savings” poor. Tensions will likely increase without fundamental changes in our safety net, medical and educational systems, politics and culture. I don’t see those changes happening anytime soon.

I’m sure the problems are also severe in Europe, Canada, Asia and even China, though each country is unique. In China, although the average person is much poorer than we, the country’s long previous history of instability, war and revolution made people on average both tougher and much more cautious in their personal lives. They tend to be “savers,” and consequently most families are probably in better shape than typical poorer American families are. Most can financially manage a few months of “lock-down” and unemployment. Of course even in China there was a growing “consumer credit” society developing, and many small businesses in particular have been hurt.

America has come to believe that those who are at the top deserve unlimited riches and benefits.

America has come to believe those who aren't at the top don't deserve to properly be paid a living wage.

The federal minimum wage has been stuck at 7.25 an hour since the bush boy years. Yet at the same time the wages of people at the top continue to climb to outrageous levels.

Why is it ok for those who are executives to rake in millions a year but it's not ok for everyone else to at least earn a living wage?

We have created a permanent low poor class with the economic policies we have implemented in the last nearly 40 years. A low class that has to depend on public assistance to live even though they work. So the tax payer has to subsidize wages which results in the owners and those at the top get even richer. They can afford to pay their employees a living wage but refuse to do so.

It's the reason why a minimum wage was created in the first place.
I don’t think it is America that believes those things. I do think the American wealthy and ruling class believes those things.

America worked wonderfully when it was a monoculture. Once the doors were thrown open to the third-world, and European-Americans stopped having children, our fate was set.
No. I don’t agree. We have always been a nation of immigrants from all over the world.

Now we have a government, media, big corporations, billionaires, and academia all colluding to enrich and empower the extreme wealthy. That is the problem.

Don't worry.

Be Happy.

Elect Democrats and all your pain will go away.

Because once you've sold your ass to them they won't need to continue the hoax so it'll all be over.

Until they wanna whop your sorry ass again.

No. I don’t agree. We have always been a nation of immigrants from all over the world.

Now we have a government, media, big corporations, billionaires, and academia all colluding to enrich and empower the extreme wealthy. That is the problem.

During America's golden period we were made up overwhelmingly by European immigrants, and we were the furthest thing from being multicultural.

Blatant falsehood, America has always been more white and Western than it is currently. Surprisingly, the same is true of the values... almost like a clock-work.

You put way too much trust on your stupid erroneous beliefs and way too little on the actual facts. That's what losers do...

I don’t know if our society can re-cover from the “collapse” you describe. The signs of social and political collapse have been visible for some time. Covid-19 was just a trigger. The increased unemployment we now suffer I don’t think will go away anytime soon.

As for debt, there you have hit a nail on the head. I am one of the lucky and prepared ones. No debt. Lived within my means ... always. Never was rich, but now I feel safer than most. You are right that we live in a “rich” society where most can barely make ends meet, and half cannot live on savings for more than a few weeks. The present economic crisis will probably drive at least another ten percent of the population permanently into the “no savings” poor. Tensions will likely increase without fundamental changes in our safety net, medical and educational systems, politics and culture. I don’t see those changes happening anytime soon.

I’m sure the problems are also severe in Europe, Canada, Asia and even China, though each country is unique. In China, although the average person is much poorer than we, the country’s long previous history of instability, war and revolution made people on average both tougher and much more cautious in their personal lives. They tend to be “savers,” and consequently most families are probably in better shape than typical poorer American families are. Most can financially manage a few months of “lock-down” and unemployment. Of course even in China there was a growing “consumer credit” society developing, and many small businesses in particular have been hurt.

America has come to believe that those who are at the top deserve unlimited riches and benefits.

America has come to believe those who aren't at the top don't deserve to properly be paid a living wage.

The federal minimum wage has been stuck at 7.25 an hour since the bush boy years. Yet at the same time the wages of people at the top continue to climb to outrageous levels.

Why is it ok for those who are executives to rake in millions a year but it's not ok for everyone else to at least earn a living wage?

We have created a permanent low poor class with the economic policies we have implemented in the last nearly 40 years. A low class that has to depend on public assistance to live even though they work. So the tax payer has to subsidize wages which results in the owners and those at the top get even richer. They can afford to pay their employees a living wage but refuse to do so.

I don’t think it is America that believes those things. I do think the American wealthy and ruling class believes those things.

We see many people on this board scream bloody murder if anyone talks about raising the minimum wage. I don't know why anyone would do that especially if they aren't rich.

We see people automatically vote for a person just because they have a D or and R after their names without knowing much if anything about the person.

We get our nation into terrible situations with the only alternative being the lessor if the two evils.

Everyone needs to face the harsh reality. What has been happening in the last 40 years or so doesn't work. It doesn't matter what party implements it. It doesn't matter if one is lessor than the other. Both are bad. Both are implementing policies that suck and don't work.

That's how people like trump got elected. The people at the top knows what the problem is. They created and perpetuate it. trump is just the only politician who actually said it and said he would do something about it. Unfortunately what he did was make the situation much worse.

We need RESPONSIBLE politicians on BOTH sides if we're going to allow this stupid idea of a two party system that doesn't allow any other party to have much of a voice or power.

Seems that you picked the wrong nation. America was never about accommodating whining, but freedom.

As for the low class, the democrats imported that even though no one wanted it. No one is surprised that the 80 IQs are not productive enough to fend for themselves. You pay for their wages if you want to increase them, I sure as hell won't.

America is collapsing because over 40 million Americans are out of work, Democrat blue states have lockdown still in place. Small businesses are barely surviving. The list goes on....

View attachment 342005
...and we’re off...the very first post blames Democrats.

Oh fuck it!

You don't participate in politics
You want a solution that's fits your agenda
Not likely

During America's golden period we were made up overwhelmingly by European immigrants, and we were the furthest thing from being multicultural.
That may be true, but it’s not the cause of the problem.

Forum List

Back