Embryonic Stem Cells Hold Possible Cure For Diabetes

Neither is a embryonic stem cell. At least not yet.
Nor is a fetus to some, yet I insist, along with millions of others, to err on the side of caution and understand them to be human. Thou shall not kill.

The use of another human's life for your own needs, no matter how pitiful or urgent your particular situation, is a slap in the face of God.

Long ago I posted on this forum that one can harvest stem cells from amniotic fluid without harming the fetus or mother. Now we know this to be a fact. These stem cells have the important properties of the fetal stem cells without the disgusting waste of life. Yet all we hear is now we must have fetal stem cell research still. What are we?

You can also get these cells from the umbilical cord. Let's work on that as a more moral way of gaining stem cell lines for research rather than the intent of destruction of an organism.

Long ago I posted on this forum that one can harvest stem cells from amniotic fluid without harming the fetus or mother. Now we know this to be a fact. These stem cells have the important properties of the fetal stem cells without the disgusting waste of life. Yet all we hear is now we must have fetal stem cell research still. What are we?
As Rush said toady, the only explaination is that the Democrats want to kill as many babies as possible. It's evil.

They are all from the fertilization of a human egg with a human sperm cell. Who, why, or how this happened is irrelevant.

my wife and created 23 of them so that we could have our 4 year olde daughter....

can't implant them all ..... what do you want me to do with them? ....murder them? leave them in suspended annimation forever or allow them to fulfil their destiny and save the lives of other humans?

my wife and created 23 of them so that we could have our 4 year olde daughter....

can't implant them all ..... what do you want me to do with them? ....murder them? leave them in suspended annimation forever or allow them to fulfil their destiny and save the lives of other humans?

That's an interesting question. You are the one who created them, so now it is your responsibility to play God and decide their fate. All I'm asking is for the freedom not to have to take that responsibility, as would happen with public funding.

Perhaps you can find a private researcher who can use them. Why should the government get involved?

That's an interesting question. You are the one who created them, so now it is your responsibility to play God and decide their fate. All I'm asking is for the freedom not to have to take that responsibility, as would happen with public funding.

Perhaps you can find a private researcher who can use them. Why should the government get involved?

no i simply used the god given talents of a fertility doctor to give me a child...god gave me the extras as well....god inspired me to give to a research clinic to help others....it was their destiny

as for government funding of killing embryoes....the government funds killing every day of full grown human beings ...... why is this any different?

Please do a search for:

Open Federal Funding for Stem Cell Research - The Petition Site & Sign!!!!

Less than 3,000 needed still to reach goal.

Sorry this site will not let me post direct link yet

Thank You!
Taimie

Resulted in better glycemic control...
thumbsup.gif

This pill may treat diabetes; help patients shed those extra kilos
Oct 18 | Washington : A team of researchers has recently created a new pill that can significantly improve the health of people with diabetes and help to shed those extra kilos from their waistlines.
The findings indicated that among patients with type 2 diabetes, the drug semaglutide taken by pill resulted in better glycemic control than placebo over 26 weeks. The results from 632 patients indicated that semaglutide allowed 71 percent of them to shed pounds. It is believed this is the first type 2 diabetes pill to instigate weight loss. Although several type 2 diabetes treatments are available, therapy selection involves consideration of the risks of adverse effects such as hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) or weight gain and complexity of treatment.

ani1508302982.jpg

The oral formulation of semaglutide, a glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonists (a class of drugs used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes), may improve acceptance and adherence for some patients compared with the injectable formulation of GLP-1 receptor agonists. Melanie Davies from the University of Leicester, United Kingdom, and colleagues randomly assigned 632 patients with Type-2 diabetes and insufficient glycemic control to different doses and dose escalation of once-daily oral semaglutide; oral placebo; or once-weekly semaglutide by injection (subcutaneous) for 26 weeks.

They found that average change in hemoglobin Alc (HbA1c) level, from baseline to week 26, decreased with oral semaglutide and subcutaneous semaglutide and placebo; oral semaglutide reductions were significant vs placebo. From an average baseline HbA1c level of 7.9 percent, between 44 percent and 90 percent of patients receiving oral semaglutide achieved the target HbA1c level of less than seven percent. Clinically relevant (five percent or more) weight loss was achieved in up to 71 percent of patients receiving oral semaglutide. The research is published in The Jama Network Journals.

This pill may treat diabetes help patients shed those extra kilos

Forum List

Back