Electric Vehicles not ready to take over transportation

Mac-7

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2019

Libs, Tweeners lend me you ear

Your love affair with the Lost Secrets of Atlantis comes with a lot of inconvenient truths that algore, greta thunberg and joe biden are either not aware of or simply do not want to talk about

Your love affair with the Lost Secrets of Atlantis comes with a lot of inconvenient truths that algore, greta thunberg and joe biden are either not aware of or simply do not want to talk about

Do you think they are capable of saying "no blood for Lithium?"

Lithium batteries have a bad habit of overheating when charging and exploding.

Of course, all the information in the video is brand new, and none of the major auto manufacturers who have committed to electric vehicles have never considered any of those drawbacks. It's also a proven fact that battery technology has reached the absolute peak of possibility. There will never be any improvements in the technology or in recycling of the batteries. I'm sure that video will put an end to all those plans to convert to electric vehicles, as well as any research for improvement ----- right?

It isn't necessary for electrically powered vehicles to "take over" transportation. Moreover, the manner in which the situation is being approached is just a continuation of the absurdity that entered into transportation questions long ago.
If we were to deal with basics and talk about one person going from point A to point B over a reasonable distance, say up to 40 km, in a reasonable time, say one hour (which would cover most commutes), then something closer to the equivalent of an ebike would more or less suffice. Such a thing is entirely doable and would save immensely on costs, pollution, congestion, etc.
Unfortunately, the same fate befalls this as most other debates. Binary thinking immediately reduces things to radical extremes. In this case, electric vehicles either have to be exactly like the present failed automobile stereotype or they are unacceptable.

Do you think they are capable of saying "no blood for Lithium?"
I think thats exactly what enviro wackos ARE NOT capable of saying

They are so freaked out over the global warming doomsday hoax that they turn a blond eye to the physical, political, social and economic damage their favorite toy is causing

Of course, all the information in the video is brand new, and none of the major auto manufacturers who have committed to electric vehicles have never considered any of those drawbacks. It's also a proven fact that battery technology has reached the absolute peak of possibility. There will never be any improvements in the technology or in recycling of the batteries. I'm sure that video will put an end to all those plans to convert to electric vehicles, as well as any research for improvement ----- right?
As far as battery technology goes I am an optimist

I dont flip out every time new battery material is announced because so far nothing has made its way to the market

I know batteries can and will improve

But will it happen in time to save us from the chaos that desperate demand for lithium is causing?

The cry “no blood for lithium” could be a reality

There are new battery technologies on the way, much longer lasting and much faster charging. The way their lithium is obtained is also different.
All well and good, but until those technologies are developed, we have to rely on fossil fuels to generate the electricity needed to charge those batteries.
When the gov't approaches generation of electricity logically then we can go forward.
**********​
**********​

Forum List

Back