Editorial: Obamacare, the ultimate job killer

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
you voted for it

SNIP:

Most presidents don’t impact the country until their inauguration. However, president Obama took less than 48 hours after his reelection to begin the legacy of his second term. On day one, the Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped over 300 points, and followed that with a near 150 point drop on day two. This showed an immediate nervousness in the business community for what lies ahead. Even bigger than this though is the number of people joining the unemployment line.

By the Thursday following the election, thousands of employees faced the loss of their jobs. These layoffs transcended many industries, including the coal and healthcare fields. Here is a list of just a few of the major employers letting people go:

Welch Allyn – 275 employees to be let go

Stryker (medical device manufactuere) – 1,170 jobs to be cut from global workforce

Boston Scientific (currently shifting assets to China) – 1,200-1,400 jobs to be cut

Medtronic – Reducing 1,000 jobs

Smith & Nephew – 770 layoffs

Abbott Labs – 700 layoffs

Covidien – 595 layoffs

Kinetic Concepts – 427 layoffs

St. Jude Medical – 300 layoffs

Hill Rom – 200 layoffs

Dana Holding Corp. (an Ohio based auto parts manufacturer) – To cut $24 million from budget/labor costs

Total: ~6,000+ jobs

Of course, the latest is causing quite a stir. Hostess, maker of the ever-love Twinkie, is closing their doors and letting 18,500 employees go. This has hit America’s obese population like a sugar brick. Unfortunately, they have no one to blame but themselves and their votes. While the headlines read that labor negations are to blame, the bigger story is an uncertain economy and new taxation. Part of the increased labor cost is Obamacare, and as a result the union was asked to reduce benefits and/or employee hours. Instead, another company cannot financially succeed in a nation of increased tax burden. It appears that once again, actions, like supporting “free” healthcare, results in consequences, the reality that nothing is ever free.

all of it here
Editorial: Obamacare, the ultimate job killer | The Tribune Papers

you voted for it

SNIP:

Most presidents don’t impact the country until their inauguration. However, president Obama took less than 48 hours after his reelection to begin the legacy of his second term. On day one, the Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped over 300 points, and followed that with a near 150 point drop on day two. This showed an immediate nervousness in the business community for what lies ahead. Even bigger than this though is the number of people joining the unemployment line.

By the Thursday following the election, thousands of employees faced the loss of their jobs. These layoffs transcended many industries, including the coal and healthcare fields. Here is a list of just a few of the major employers letting people go:

Welch Allyn – 275 employees to be let go

Stryker (medical device manufactuere) – 1,170 jobs to be cut from global workforce

Boston Scientific (currently shifting assets to China) – 1,200-1,400 jobs to be cut

Medtronic – Reducing 1,000 jobs

Smith & Nephew – 770 layoffs

Abbott Labs – 700 layoffs

Covidien – 595 layoffs

Kinetic Concepts – 427 layoffs

St. Jude Medical – 300 layoffs

Hill Rom – 200 layoffs

Dana Holding Corp. (an Ohio based auto parts manufacturer) – To cut $24 million from budget/labor costs

Total: ~6,000+ jobs

Of course, the latest is causing quite a stir. Hostess, maker of the ever-love Twinkie, is closing their doors and letting 18,500 employees go. This has hit America’s obese population like a sugar brick. Unfortunately, they have no one to blame but themselves and their votes. While the headlines read that labor negations are to blame, the bigger story is an uncertain economy and new taxation. Part of the increased labor cost is Obamacare, and as a result the union was asked to reduce benefits and/or employee hours. Instead, another company cannot financially succeed in a nation of increased tax burden. It appears that once again, actions, like supporting “free” healthcare, results in consequences, the reality that nothing is ever free.

all of it here
Editorial: Obamacare, the ultimate job killer | The Tribune Papers

on other websites like arfcom that have 20k members talk about their wife or husband saying how many people are getting laid off
anyone who thinks that ending the bush tax will save the economy is nuts.

I think Jillian may have a point. Why are we focused on the bad things happening and about to happen? Can't we just talk about rainbows and happy things? Come on forget about your brother losing his job he can always go on the government dole, no problem. See it is easy. Thinking about rainbows and unicorns makes us feel better.

I think Jillian may have a point. Why are we focused on the bad things happening and about to happen? Can't we just talk about rainbows and happy things? Come on forget about your brother losing his job he can always go on the government dole, no problem. See it is easy. Thinking about rainbows and unicorns makes us feel better.

rightwingnut fauxrage is rightwingnut fauxrage, racist trash.

and maybe if you lying loons hadn't been the boy crying wolf for the past four years, someone would listen to you.

nutter.

Last edited:

really, and you prove here your rage against others is real..horrible

Excellent thread!! Too bad its not getting the attention it should. By 2016 we will see the full fruits of what Obamacare did to jobs in this country.

The Left will blame companies for the layoffs rather than the policies that made them necessary. The utter ignorance and stupidity of the Left means they will easily fall for arguments like that.

I challenged Jillian to post what I said that made me racist scum now I would like to know what I posted that makes me racist trash.

Jillian won't post anything because there isn't anything, just her burning rage at someone who won't take her stuff.

I challenged Jillian to post what I said that made me racist scum now I would like to know what I posted that makes me racist trash.

Jillian won't post anything because there isn't anything, just her burning rage at someone who won't take her stuff.

that's how she is..ignore her
But seeing her yawn at the fact people are losing their jobs or getting hours cut because of ObamaCare while he SWORE it would be all good and utopia for people, is a sad

that's how she is..ignore her
But seeing her yawn at the fact people are losing their jobs or getting hours cut because of ObamaCare while he SWORE it would be all good and utopia for people, is a sad

She's a retarded poseur of the first order. Best ignored.

and maybe if you lying loons hadn't been the boy crying wolf for the past four years, someone would listen to you.

nutter.

Go look at some shiny things and go OOOOO!!!!!

You don't belong in any intelligent conversation.

how many jobs will be created when all the people who previously got no treatment now get treatment?

they are treated by people with jobs.

It means more jobs.

to bad the right is to stupid and made more stupid by wearing your partisan three dee glasses issued to you by Carl Rove that you only see bad things happening when a little girl doesnt die of cancer because now she can get treatment.

enjoy your hate of everything compassionate.

its why you wont be winning any elections anymore

Excellent thread!! Too bad its not getting the attention it should. By 2016 we will see the full fruits of what Obamacare did to jobs in this country.

and your dumb ass will deny those facts when they dont say what you want to hear.

Your party will just try to rewrite the history

Now go get ONE time in history that you guys predicted correctly the effect of policy in the real world?

Your ideas are historically failed ideas.

why do you cling to failed ideas in the name of party?

how many jobs will be created when all the people who previously got no treatment now get treatment?

It means more jobs.

to bad the right is to stupid and made more stupid by wearing your partisan three dee glasses issued to you by Carl Rove that you only see bad things happening when a little girl doesnt die of cancer because now she can get treatment.

Yes, its working quite well in the UK (rolling eyes)

it may be boring now jillian.... but it should also be interesting to see how it does settle out.

I also dont think the layoffs were a coincidence.... All except for one, hostess.... that was a union fuck up not an obama thing.

It means more jobs.

Yes, its working quite well in the UK (rolling eyes)

You are new.... but it would seem you have already caught on for yourself. liesmatters is the board major provider of lies, amusement and material to mock.

If you want a good laugh... read her drivel.

It means more jobs.

Either more jobs or longer lines or no service at all.

it may be boring now jillian.... but it should also be interesting to see how it does settle out.

I also dont think the layoffs were a coincidence.... All except for one, hostess.... that was a union fuck up not an obama thing.

Now, now, I just realize that Jillian may have sleep apnea and is waiting for Obamatax so she can get treatment in 4 or 5 years.

Forum List

Back