Easy to See Why Homeschooling Is Taking Off

Boy, 12, dares to speak up for President Trump in class. Teacher asks student why he supports ‘a racist and a pedophile.’ Bad idea.

“Once Jackson’s family found out what went down in his class, they fought back. They contacted a First Amendment attorney and asked the school for an apology, WBZ said — and got one. Jackson told WHDH that the teacher later apologized to him in front of the entire class, and he said that helped.”

I’m so old I remember when schools promoted free thinking.
When did schools ever promote free thinking, in our day they didn't allow males to have long hair nor did they allow shorts to be worn when it was hot.
I had long hair in college and my teachers ranged from conservative to Leftard.

Blue Man Group has fallen in love with a narrative, and he's clinging to it for dear life.

Homeschooling is great for children who do not relate well to their peers

Actually, studies show that homeschool kids do better academically and are socially adjusted better than public school kids. I'm an atheist so you know that I don't like the whole religious homeschool thing just on principle, but because our public schools are so awful with lib union inept teachers---even they do far far better than public schools. Department of education should be dismantled and the states should take over schooling of their kids---they certainly couldn't do any worse than what we got now.
First, you start with a lie. Your claim has no basis in fact. Then you end with another lie. The federal government has very little to with schools other than providing funding for poor kids and special education. Your local school board controls your school and you elected them!

Actually, studies show that homeschool kids do better academically and are socially adjusted better than public school kids. I'm an atheist so you know that I don't like the whole religious homeschool thing just on principle, but because our public schools are so awful with lib union inept teachers---even they do far far better than public schools. Department of education should be dismantled and the states should take over schooling of their kids---they certainly couldn't do any worse than what we got now.
Homeschooling makes the most social and disciplined kids.

Homeschooling is a great option for kids who just don’t fit in with other kids.
It is also a great option for parents who don’t want their kids associating with blacks, minorities, poor kids, gays or non-Christians
I made sure my daughter could read and write at a 2nd grade level before she even started K school. We were poor then. I wanted my daughter to start ahead and stay ahead. Teachers realized that my daughter was ahead and helpful so they would assign her to take care of their problem students for them. I wish I would have had pulled her out of class to homeschool her as she learned more and quicker from me than them without the lib brainwashing. It wasn't my daughters job to teach those behind who often had other issues for her teachers. That is what her teachers were getting paid for.
What lib brainwashing? The kind she did not get because it doesn't exist except in Libtardia?

... Having a centralized uniformed department over education ...

We DON'T have one of those.
We have a federal department of education that has insured that reading writing math history aren't taught-cursive is out, actual math is out, estimation is in, History is now replaced with social studies which is basically lying about history in order to appease special interest groups and meant to socially manipulate young minds not teach them about real life.

The Department of education insures that misinformation stays in the system and is never corrected. It is taught to generation after generation of kids and all across state lines.....same stupid puzzle that I got when I was in the 4th grade in Texas saying a baby horse is called a pony is the same stupid puzzle that my daughter would get 24 years later in South Carolina when she was in 4th grade as well. A baby horse is called a filly or a colt--------a small horse is called a pony. Quit annoying to we farm kids who were obviously even better educated then than several of our teachers.

School should be done on local levels----teaching plans and whatever else is needed. This would allow for corrections in the system and more parental oversight on what is taught. It would also provide for micro-testing grounds to see what works and doesn't work allowing schools to innovate based on what they see their neighbors doing more quickly.
The Education Department has nothing to do with what you claim . Stop pointing at the wrong source of your problem.

Schools ARE run by state and local boards NOW.
They are but the federal government uses funding as a means to influence the education departments of the states.

AGAIN, the great majority of funding comes from local property taxes.

But the feds do influence State Schools by giving money with strings attached.

You work for a school are you denying this?

That ended when Obama's Education Department failed to work.

I am a recently retired teacher and you are full of bad information.

They are but the federal government uses funding as a means to influence the education departments of the states.

MOST of the influence comes from the state and local level
The federal government supplies up about 9% of State education budgets.

That amounts to billions of dollars annually. While not the majority it is certainly a wedge that applies leverage so the feds can make state public schools do what it wants or it withholds funds.

What state education board wants a 9% budget cut ?
91 percent state and local.

They make the rules, elect the school boards, hire teachers, set the curriculum, select textbooks

You just don't seem to understand how much influence federal money has
It doesn't because it ended with No Child Left Behind.

That amounts to billions of dollars annually. While not the majority it is certainly a wedge that applies leverage so the feds can make state public schools do what it wants or it withholds funds.

Keep movin’ them goal posts!

Not moving them at all.

But you keep denying that state boards of education don't do what the feds want them to so they can get more money.
What are those requirements? The ones that existed under NCLB that have long since gone?

91 percent state and local.

They make the rules, elect the school boards, hire teachers, set the curriculum, select textbooks

You just don't seem to understand how much influence federal money has
Show me

Name some of those federal regulations that are so unmanageable
Where did i say they were unmanageable?

Don't start making shit up again

You deny that federal money has any influence on state education policies.

You are, as usual, WRONG

Every single state school board will do whatever the Federal Dept of Ed tells them to do because they all need that federal money.

Don't be so fucking naive
All I said was show me

If the Federal Government is putting all these horrible regulations on schools......what are they?

There you go again making shit up,\

I never said anything was 'horrible"

Did I?

All I said is that state boards of education will do anything that the federal government tells them so they can get funding.

You like an idiot deny it
Then why the hell do you care?

I never said i did.

I'm just telling a naive ignorant moron how the world works.
So you know how education works more than a former school administrator like me?

When a Homeschool parent says......I want the best educational experience for my child

What they really mean is......I don’t want my child to go to school with negroes

I usually don't wish bad things to happen to people, because I don't think it's good karma.. however for you, I make the exception.

Forum List

Back