Easter Eggs: Drugstore

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Easter eggs are a great ornament and painting them for Easter has become a wonderful tradition.

When we think of the Easter bunny (that lovable mythic mascot who hides eggs all over for kiddies to find!), we think of the basic joy of Easter, a holiday commemorating the Resurrection in fine ornaments.

An egg is an edible item, and people have enjoyed eating them for many many years...

You go to IHOP and order a great omelette or scrambled eggs. You go to a Sushi bar and order caviar (fish eggs!).

You think about dinosaur eggs or turkey eggs or even underwater animalia eggs and you think about the general cuteness of life on Earth itself! These eggs are presented in sci-films Jurassic Park and Aliens.

So Easter eggs have become a 'humanity token' indeed...

So have you ever thought about painting Easter eggs in unusual fashion (e.g., with funny-faces or exclamation-points or crazy colors) and hiding them for your kids to find so you can tell them, "Easter eggs should remind you of babies, Jesus, and jolly good giggles!"?

This thread is therefore meant to ask the question, "Are Easter eggs magical or strange?"

====

EASTER BUNNY: Easter eggs are a perfect trophy for kids!
SANTA CLAUS: Well, Cadbury Creme Egg candies are nice for Christmas!
EASTER BUNNY: Nothing compares to the magic of Easter eggs.
SANTA CLAUS: Easter is nice but it's not as 'warm' as Christmas.
EASTER BUNNY: I disagree. Easter egg hunts for kids remind people of the decorative charm of Easter.
SANTA CLAUS: Perhaps, but Christmas candy canes are no less 'festive.'
EASTER BUNNY: That's why kids should paint Easter eggs with alternative/funny designs (for fun!).
SANTA CLAUS: I see what you mean. There's no 'mischievous revelry' for Christmas...
EASTER BUNNY: Precisely. Easter egg hunts can be both fun and funny!
SANTA CLAUS: Maybe someone will write a poem someday about candy canes and egg hunts...

====

eggs.jpg

Stat

Let's reclaim Christian demagoguery for people interested in hippie fantasies...

I mean, there has to be a way to negotiate modernism metropolis with old-world Crusades-esque pigtails!

Besides, it's just plain fun.

====

"People ask me why I do what I do. During the great Easter Egg War in Prague (during which rival factions of drug-dealers were vying for control over the Czech pedestrian landscape), I infiltrated the fortress of Ivan and his evil lawyer-wife Veronica and assassinated Veronica and took her body to the castle of Ivan's enemy --- Deacon Frost. When Frost's followers asked me curiously why I was willing to nab Veronica's body for Deacon, I explained I was simply a mercenary who did what was necessary...and easy.

What I do is not easy. When I was a child, all I wanted to do was paint Easter eggs professionally (as a street-craftsman in Romania). I never dreamed I'd be hired as a mercenary by the ominous Deacon Frost to infiltrate the insidious opium lair of Ivan the Terrible to nab the dangerous Veronica (a reputedly 'invincible' drug lawyer with ties to Pablo Escobar's remaining empire in South America). However, I did what I did for Deacon...but mostly for money. So now I ask myself, 'Am I still interested in Easter eggs?'

My name is Lancelot. Romanian-born, trained in the vacillating lands of the changing global landscape, wandering around searching for art, some mission, and/or some crusade worth fighting for, but as you might guess, it's easier to be a mercenary than it is to be a soldier of duty or a loyal follower of a regime/prince/warlord. I think people will look back and say, 'Lancelot was a modern knight who was willing to do what it took to take down a plague-like drug-regime in Czechoslovakia,' but I will always say, 'I believe I did it for the true dominion of Easter eggs'! This kind of Christian idealism will save my soul."

====

red-knight.jpg

Dragon

Here's a mock dialogue about Easter egg-hunt 'holography' between Jen Yu (warrior woman from martial arts film Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) and Fat Bastard (fictional villain from Austin Powers spy-spoof films) posing as the scandalous American suburbia media-affair duo Amy Fisher and Joey Buttafuoco before transforming magically into the likened Street-Fighter video-game characters Chun-Li and E. Honda.

Remember kids, Easter eggs are not heresy...and neither is Starbucks (right?).

Don't take offense, I'm only a *scribe*. Besides, holiday customs are supposed to be personalized, even in our cynical age of Starbucks and Kinko's.

Happy Easter 2018 everybody...

====

JEN-YU/CHUN-LI: Easter eggs should be painted with fine calligraphy for kids to find.
FAT-BASTARD/E. HONDA: Creativity is more interesting than cheap thrills.
CHUN-LI: You know (Joey), they'll say you and I are scandalous...
E. HONDA: That's because no one cares about popcorn anymore, Amy...
CHUN-LI: Let us become Chun-Li and E. Honda and enter the dimension of arcades.
E. HONDA: They should make countless movies about us!
CHUN-LI: Perhaps kids will tell adults about Street-Fighter and encourage endorsements...
E. HONDA: We should get our own brand of New Balance sneakers.
CHUN-LI: We should host an Easter egg hunt with Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky!
E. HONDA: We'll be laughed off the stage...after all, we're merely video-game characters.
CHUN-LI: Don't say that Joey; I've always loved you...and Easter eggs.
E. HONDA: Alright Amy (Chun-Li); we can paint Hindu swastikas on Easter eggs next year!

====

Jen Yu (Amy Fisher) and Fat Bastard (Joey Buttafuoco):

war1.jpg

Chun-Li and E. Honda:

war3.jpg

Forum List

Back