Dr. Laura's "N word" Rant

That's kinda funny, you can call a person an idiot, assholee, ****, dumbass, etc etc.. but don't dare call someone a ******.

Freedom of speech my ass!

:rofl:

if you think there's freedom of speech here, you're as stupid as i think you are.

if you think that freedom of speech applies here, you're even more stupid.

That's kinda funny, you can call a person an idiot, assholee, ****, dumbass, etc etc.. but don't dare call someone a ******.

You prefer to use racial slurs?

I prefer to let people use whatever terms they wish.

Which was Dr. Laura's whole point that started this whole nonsense. She was neither defending nor condoning the word. She didn't call a single soul by any slur, racial or otherwise. She was pointing out that many in the black community uses the word all the time, repeatedly, often, sometimes in a perjorative manner and usually not in a perjorative manner.

For that reason, it is intellectually honest to believe that the word no longer has power to wound or injure anybody. And she also believes that the intellectually honest will admit that those who are so offended by the 'n' word to demand that action be taken are themselves intellectually dishonest or have HUGE chips on their shoulders.

Now anybody might argue that point with her and disagree with her opinion. Nobody is saying anybody has to love Dr. Laura.

But to continue to claim that Dr. Laura used the 'n' word in any way other than to make an academic point is to be....well.... intellectually dishonest or hateful or really REALLY dumb.

Ok. Do you prefer to use racial slurs yourself?

I'll answer your question with a question.

How often have you seen me use racial slurs?

I prefer calling people idiots because I truly believe that is what they are.
Thanks. I like that about you.

For the record, I think it's wrong for blacks to use racial slurs on each other. Same with gays and lesbians. You don't see Jews calling each other 'kikes'. why should blacks call each other '*******' or gays call each other 'faggot' or 'dyke'?

Last edited:

if you think there's freedom of speech here, you're as stupid as i think you are.

Apparently you're the one that stupid. I've known for a long time that there is no freedom of speech on here, hence the phrase "freedom of speech my ass".

Apparently you're the one that stupid. I've known for a long time that there is no freedom of speech on here, hence the phrase "freedom of speech my ass".

uh huh :lol:

You prefer to use racial slurs?

Which was Dr. Laura's whole point that started this whole nonsense. She was neither defending nor condoning the word. She didn't call a single soul by any slur, racial or otherwise. She was pointing out that many in the black community uses the word all the time, repeatedly, often, sometimes in a perjorative manner and usually not in a perjorative manner.

For that reason, it is intellectually honest to believe that the word no longer has power to wound or injure anybody. And she also believes that the intellectually honest will admit that those who are so offended by the 'n' word to demand that action be taken are themselves intellectually dishonest or have HUGE chips on their shoulders.

Now anybody might argue that point with her and disagree with her opinion. Nobody is saying anybody has to love Dr. Laura.

But to continue to claim that Dr. Laura used the 'n' word in any way other than to make an academic point is to be....well.... intellectually dishonest or hateful or really REALLY dumb.

I agree.

Ok. Do you prefer to use racial slurs yourself?

For the record, I think it's wrong for blacks to use racial slurs on each other. Same with gays and lesbians. You don't see Jews calling each other 'kikes'. why should blacks call each other '*******' or gays call each other 'faggot' or 'dyke'?

I agree, if a word is deemed to be offensive it shouldn't matter the context or who is using the word.

I agree, if a word is deemed to be offensive it shouldn't matter the context or who is using the word.

But more to Dr. Laura's point, how racist is it to say that one race can use the word as a perjorative or term of endearment or whatever but that a person of another race must be punished if they use the same word?

I don't like the word. I don't use the word. I wish nobody would use the word. But I'm be damned if it can be justified that the pigmentation in one's skin entitles them to use a word that everybody else must be punished for using.

I think minorities who use slurs to address each other are suffering internalized oppression.

"Internalized Oppression the process by which a member of an oppressed group comes to accept and live out the inaccurate myths and stereotypes applied to the group."

More on internalized racism and oppression:
Internalized Racism

yes, this is clearly the fault of the white oppressors :cuckoo:

But more to Dr. Laura's point, how racist is it to say that one race can use the word as a perjorative or term of endearment or whatever but that a person of another race must be punished if they use the same word?

I don't like the word. I don't use the word. I wish nobody would use the word. But I'm be damned if it can be justified that the pigmentation in one's skin entitles them to use a word that everybody else must be punished for using.

It's a typical double standard, blacks can call us whitey, cracker, honkey and a host of other racial terms but shame on us if we say the n-word no matter the context.

I think minorities who use slurs to address each other are suffering internalized oppression.

"Internalized Oppression the process by which a member of an oppressed group comes to accept and live out the inaccurate myths and stereotypes applied to the group."

More on internalized racism and oppression:
Internalized Racism

yes, this is clearly the fault of the white oppressors :cuckoo:

No del. Internalized oppression is something minorities do to themselves.

It's a typical double standard, blacks can call us whitey, cracker, honkey and a host of other racial terms but shame on us if we say the n-word no matter the context.

I am offended just as much if I am called those names, as I am with the n word. I do not think any of it is okay. I think is it equal. Who thinks it is okay to call whites names?

I am offended just as much if I am called those names, as I am with the n word. I do not think any of it is okay. I think is it equal. Who thinks it is okay to call whites names?
No one thinks it's ok to call white people by slurs either.

I agree. I am offended when anybody is slurred or called names no matter what it is. I'm becoming a bit desensitized and am less revolted by hateful or insulting adjectives the longer I live with the folks here on USMB :) but I still don't like them and don't use such terms.

BUT. . . . .

You'll have to admit that those who use or condone the terms to describe friends and foes either in fun or hatefully don't have much credibility if they then claim to be wounded or unacceptably offended when others use those same words.

I agree. I am offended when anybody is slurred or called names no matter what it is. I'm becoming a bit desensitized and am less revolted by hateful or insulting adjectives the longer I live with the folks here on USMB :) but I still don't like them and don't use such terms.

BUT. . . . .

You'll have to admit that those who use or condone the terms to describe friends and foes either in fun or hatefully don't have much credibility if they then claim to be wounded or unacceptably offended when others use those same words.

Absolutely agree!

No one thinks it's ok to call white people by slurs either.

That's what I was thinking too.

Forum List

Back