Dow Tanks! Nu Covid Variant from South Africa

Isnt this a good thing?

People have been whining about the price of both for 9 months now.
It means that nobody is using it now...

Travel, shipping and trade is blocked from going to or from South Africa. Natural gas is up also for similar reasons. (Also Biden has made drilling for new sources or supplies impossible and now is at an all time low) meaning that what Wells we have currently is it...no more will be available.

So today is a great day to buy...just picked up some Diamondback Energy because it was down 9% on a low volume day. But they do a LOT of natural gas and no matter what we will need it for electricity production, heating, and fertilizers. But Nat Gas is a by-product of petroleum drilling. Usually coming out of shale formations.

So...where it's temporarily a bad thing...it keeps many of the large investors out of the game...and those are the ones that really make things happen.

Get back to me when the CFR rises above 1.5%. I expect we'll be seeing an uber, supersplendiferous, world-choking new variant next spring... just in time to rewrite electoral rules to make cheating easier.
It's all a conspiracy. They're coming for you.

The other real issue is that there's a bunch of oil discovered off the coast of South Africa...now out of reach because of the new quarantines.

NU goes great on Fruity Pebbles.
I'm immuned already.
1637944448493.png

If this is the beginning of some macro event this is just a taste of the pain the markets will feel. The bottom on the Dow is around 16k and it only got down to 19k last time this happened.....
I don't know if it's the bottom or not...but some stocks have begun some sort of recovery because of various factors.
(Which I am playing:D)

So...this hopefully will be over soon...but it's too early to tell if they have it isolated.

So, gas prices going down is a bad thing?

Then why have people been whining about the high gas prices for the past 10 months?

You people are so confusing.
You have to look at the REASON why oil prices are declining or rising. In this case oil is declining in anticipation of an economic slowdown, NOT a good thing. A GOOD reason for oil prices to drop is that there is an over supply in a good economic atmosphere, which this isnt.

I don't know if it's the bottom or not...but some stocks have begun some sort of recovery because of various factors.
(Which I am playing:D)

So...this hopefully will be over soon...but it's too early to tell if they have it isolated.
You must be a day trader.

You have to look at the REASON why oil prices are declining or rising. In this case oil is declining in anticipation of an economic slowdown, NOT a good thing. A GOOD reason for oil prices to drop is that there is an over supply in a good economic atmosphere, which this isnt.

The reason oil prices had been rising was due to the economy returning to normal levels after being thru the pandemic, but we were told it was the end of the world as we know it.

Consistency is never the hallmark of the partisans.

You must be a day trader.
No...more of a swing trader as well as a trend trader.
I play both trends and occasionally a swing.

Because this is going to become an eventual "non-issue" due to rapid quarantines and isolation of infected countries...but it is going to provide a buying opportunity...I'm taking a shot at making money off the tanking.

The gentlemen infected in Hong Kong are in a quarantine hotel...already isolated from everyone else.
The case in Israel? Dunno but suspect something similar.

So if they have the infection of this new virus isolated we are in good shape.

The reason oil prices had been rising was due to the economy returning to normal levels after being thru the pandemic, but we were told it was the end of the world as we know it.

Consistency is never the hallmark of the partisans.
The reason oil prices were increasing is because yes, the economies of the world were returning to normal but the supply chain didnt, thus a shortage of oil and prices spiked.

Whether this Covid issue w the S Africa strain is just a blip remains to be seen. However, this strain has been known for months and if they are now just shutting down S Africa, you can bet everyone leaving this weekend has been exposed. It's just a matter of time before this strain spreads throughout the world and you see spikes in cases and deaths. So IMO this isnt a blip on the radar and we are in for a rough ride in the markets this winter. Just my opinion so take that for what it's worth. Like I said, around 16,000 as a possible stopping point for the DOW. Think that cant happen? Most major market corrections are in the 50% range so this is well within the realm of possibilities.

Forum List

Back