Dow slides more than 150 points after hotter-than-expected inflation report

Remember how the administration was celebrating that there's no such thing as inflation and it's right wing talk?

Ha ha! You didn't give him credit but here comes the blame. What happens when it comes back?

You should have already had to pay the bet and suck biden's dick when the recession you said was coming never came.

Thanks for confirming that NBC is a good source of news for you OP.

Now I know what to post for you when the news is that the DOW is through the roof.

Ha ha! You didn't give him credit but here comes the blame. What happens when it comes back?

You should have already had to pay the bet and suck biden's dick when the recession you said was coming never came.
Usually the market corrects by the end of the day.

The other thing is that when the Dems brag how they brought inflation down to 3%, they are ignoring that prices are STILL increasing on the already horribly inflated prices that people can’t absorb as it is.

Right. They just slowed down the rise and call it a victory

Thanks for confirming that NBC is a good source of news for you OP.

Now I know what to post for you when the news is that the DOW is through the roof.

The Dow report doesnt really help the average to poor person here in the U.S. they are more affected
by the increasing cost of everything which is basically a big tax on everyones wages. Its the larger story.

Another buying opportunity. I was kicking myself for not buying even more AMTX stock, since it went up after I bought. A dip makes it even more attractive for long-term value. Once the FED reduces interest rates stocks are going to JUMP.

Another buying opportunity. I was kicking myself for not buying even more AMTX stock, since it went up after I bought. A dip makes it even more attractive for long-term value. Once the FED reduces interest rates stocks are going to JUMP.

not sure this tiny dip is really a buying opportunity

I'm a regular Nostradamus. ;)

I'm a regular Nostradamus. ;)

Thanks Trump! If you hadn't fucked up covid so badly we wouldn't have this mess for Biden to clean up.

Remember how the administration was celebrating that there's no such thing as inflation and it's right wing talk?

The Dow has been a wild roller coaster ever since Biden took office. One day my meager investments will be down several hundred dollars and another day they're back up. But even with so many big retreats over the past three years the Dow has been able to climb roughly 7400 points in the last three years. (In Trump's first 3 years it climbed 8400 points but both numbers are good.)

People will keep gambling on the market until interest rates get high enough that interest looks like a better deal than the market does to the conservative investors. That happened during the Carter Administration with double digit interest rates. The market barely budged or retreated most of that time.

The Dow has been a wild roller coaster ever since Biden took office. One day my meager investments will be down several hundred dollars and another day they're back up. But even with so many big retreats over the past three years the Dow has been able to climb roughly 7400 points in the last three years. (In Trump's first 3 years it climbed 8400 points but both numbers are good.)

People will keep gambling on the market until interest rates get high enough that interest looks like a better deal than the market does to the conservative investors. That happened during the Carter Administration with double digit interest rates. The market barely budged or retreated most of that time.
Very good post, Foxyre. But most of the blame for the roller coaster part belongs to Republicans in the House. The market wants stability, not uncertainty whether Republicans are going to default on our debt, or pass a spending bill or fund our military or shut down government.

Forum List

Back