Doughnut wars, which do you prefer

which do you prefer in Doughnuts

• Total voters
I don't really like donuts that much. Once in a while I will have donuts, usually jelly munchkins or honey glazed regular donuts . . . from Dunkin Donuts of course!

Honey Dew makes some really good donuts too though.

These donuts:
image.png

I don't really like donuts that much. Once in a while I will have donuts, usually jelly munchkins or honey glazed regular donuts . . . from Dunkin Donuts of course!

Tastykake makes a powdered-sugar, strawberry-filled doughnut hole that I like. And since I can't eat more than one or two at a time (after dinner when my stomach is already full, to slow the sugar processing), a bag of them lasts me forever if I hide them from my family.

Tastykake makes a powdered-sugar, strawberry-filled doughnut hole that I like. And since I can't eat more than one or two at a time (after dinner when my stomach is already full, to slow the sugar processing), a bag of them lasts me forever if I hide them from my family.

The donut holes have just the right amount of jelly. Regular jelly donuts have too much jelly, IMO. Kind of gross. Lol.

Dunkin' donuts or Krispy Kreme or other

This may point to a regional thing , but lets see

also why do you prefer

I'm not a fan of donuts. Chicago has a very large Polish population. So, you can find paczkis. They are jelly donuts but they are really better than the average jelly donuts.

Krispy Creme used to be REALLY good. The boxed Krispy Creme's are now very tasteless.
I have not had a Dunkin'Donut in a really long time.

A very good home made glazed bakery doughnut is hard to beat
Home made also.

The kind that are warm, super soft and melt in your mouth.

A plain donut with a glass of apple cider . . . yum! There's a place a few towns over from me that is like a little old fashioned general store on an apple orchid. They make the BEST plain donuts. I always go there in the fall to get a plain donut and some apple cider. They also have candied apples and caramel apples and just about anything made with apples that you could imagine. You can also go into the orchids and pick your own apples! They also do pumpkins and squash, and things like that. The place is always packed full in the fall and you have to wait in line, but it is worth it.

A dealership service department was working on my vehicle and came under estimate by quite a few dollars so I brought them a dozen donuts. They reacted like I was giving them their Christmas bonus:up:

Used to have Dunkin Donuts and Winchell's in the area, but none are around anymore. We have a Crispy Creme shop nearby, but I'm not wild about them. The big deal locally is a place called Voodoo Donuts. Always has a long line to buy. My favorite there is maple bars with bacon.
vdheader2012c.png

Every time I go to Dunkin' 1/2 mile from my house, they are out of glazed DUMB!

I don't do donuts but if I had to choose I'd prolly pick Tim Horton's. Because it would mean I'm probably in Canada.

Don't really like donuts, absolutely hate jelly donuts, now my grandma used to make the best cream puffs filled with whipped cream........ That was 50 years ago the last time I had them, might have to figure out how to make em.

Nope. NO effect :eusa_snooty:

However if you posted Hammantaschen I could change my mind... everybody has a breaking point... :eusa_shifty:
MG_5552.jpg

GAAAAHHH!!!!

What do you want for 'em? I'll do anything!! :eusa_pray:

I tellya what, if there was a place called "Dunkin Hammentaschen" I'd rent a room in their closet and just live there.
Personally I don't like those either now if there were a real old world Austrian Apfulstudel outlet I'd own it!!!

rezeptbild-suedtiroler-apfelstrudel.jpg

I like all pastries!!

Wait, I should say I have yet to find a pastry I dislike.

So far, I prefer an apple fritter with coffee. But a fritter is not a donut.

Krispy Kreme versus Dublin Donuts? I guess Dunkins since I know where they are located in Miami--across the street from the main library ,near government center.

You could buy a double espresso at the shop on the corner and have a caffeine/sugar high all morning.

Dunkin' donuts or Krispy Kreme or other

This may point to a regional thing , but lets see

also why do you prefer
Love the texture fillings and chocolate of a dunkin donut better.

But Tim Horton has the best coffee and there donuts are good enough.

Forum List

Back