Doug Mastriano Is the Most Frightening Face of Christian Nationalism Today

I challenge you, or anyone, to post evidence of this goal from any prominent American politician's platform.

This is just IMHO a load of shit designed to scare Low Information voters on the left.

Theocracy and morality police? Please.
he's actually describing islam...and if he ever falls under an islamic gov't he's gonna wish he had not been so opposed to a christian based gov't.

Wow~ This guy's a serious freak show..and that he gets the support that he does is just a bit scary! I imagine he has quite the fan club here eh?

Doug Mastriano, the Republican nominee to be Pennsylvania’s next governor, wants everyone to know he is fighting a holy battle. A holy battle to wrest government control away from the forces of evil. A holy battle against “election fraud” and the agents of the devil who are scheming against God’s anointed heroes. A holy battle to make the United States into a good, righteous, Christian nation.
That’s far from the most eyebrow-raising part of his campaign.
Mastriano came to national prominence by leading protests against COVID protocols, and became one of the leading voices in attempting to overturn the 2020 presidential election. He literally brought bus-loads of supporters to the Jan. 6 insurrection and appeared to cross police barricades during the riot. He has spread Islamophobic conspiracy theories and tweeted out QAnon content. He pals around with white militias and prays to God to protect Confederate monuments. He once said women who have abortions should be charged with murder.

If he becomes Pennsylvania’s next governor, he will almost certainly pressure lawmakers to change the state’s election laws, attempt to give the Republican legislature the power to pick electors in a “contested” election, and appoint a Secretary of State who would refuse to certify the next presidential election, if won by a Democrat. (He has also already said he would not sign off on the certification, should it get that far.)
But it’s his claim to a holy mission that is central to understanding Mastriano and the movement he represents.
If Mastriano wins, he will arguably become the most important politician in modern memory to win major office while running as a full-fledged Christian nationalist. Though he is currently trailing in the polls, he has not attempted to move to the center at all, as many of the Republican party’s MAGA-heavy primary winners did.

View attachment 711118

With all the disgusting, insane, and outright evil filth that the left wrong is getting away with forcing into our society, it is encouraging to see a man like Mr. Mastriano coming to prominence, daring to stand up and unflinchingly call all this crap out for what it clearly is.

If he were a candidate in any race on my ballot, he would have my vote.

At least the GOP cares about America and her Christian founding.
Do they? Or is that they know that giving lip service to certain types of hot button issues will get them elected?

Many of the Founding Fathers were agnostic or even Atheist. The, new at the time, concept of separation of church and state was rooted in some pretty dark history. After literally 1,000 years of religious warfare, our Founders decided that enough was enough. We have no State religion..nor will we ever.

We were founded by at least some Christians....but it was not a Christian founding.

Christ said, "My kingdom is not of this world, but of the next".

Let's take his word for it eh?

Wow~ This guy's a serious freak show..and that he gets the support that he does is just a bit scary! I imagine he has quite the fan club here eh?

Doug Mastriano, the Republican nominee to be Pennsylvania’s next governor, wants everyone to know he is fighting a holy battle. A holy battle to wrest government control away from the forces of evil. A holy battle against “election fraud” and the agents of the devil who are scheming against God’s anointed heroes. A holy battle to make the United States into a good, righteous, Christian nation.
Mastriano came to national prominence by leading protests against COVID protocols, and became one of the leading voices in attempting to overturn the 2020 presidential election. He literally brought bus-loads of supporters to the Jan. 6 insurrection and appeared to cross police barricades during the riot. He has spread Islamophobic conspiracy theories and tweeted out QAnon content. He pals around with white militias and prays to God to protect Confederate monuments. He once said women who have abortions should be charged with murder.

If he becomes Pennsylvania’s next governor, he will almost certainly pressure lawmakers to change the state’s election laws, attempt to give the Republican legislature the power to pick electors in a “contested” election, and appoint a Secretary of State who would refuse to certify the next presidential election, if won by a Democrat. (He has also already said he would not sign off on the certification, should it get that far.)
But it’s his claim to a holy mission that is central to understanding Mastriano and the movement he represents.
If Mastriano wins, he will arguably become the most important politician in modern memory to win major office while running as a full-fledged Christian nationalist. Though he is currently trailing in the polls, he has not attempted to move to the center at all, as many of the Republican party’s MAGA-heavy primary winners did.

View attachment 711118
He's talking about your party.............. :auiqs.jpg:

Do they? Or is that they know that giving lip service to certain types of hot button issues will get them elected?

Many of the Founding Fathers were agnostic or even Atheist. The, new at the time, concept of separation of church and state was rooted in some pretty dark history. After literally 1,000 years of religious warfare, our Founders decided that enough was enough. We have no State religion..nor will we ever.

We were founded by at least some Christians....but it was not a Christian founding.

Christ said, "My kingdom is not of this world, but of the next".

Let's take his word for it eh?
It does not mean we are to purge any and all references of faith from government. If anything the Church needs to influence government more. The 1st amendment is not to protect government from the church, but church from the government.

It does not mean we are to purge any and all references of faith from government. If anything the Church needs to influence government more. The 1st amendment is not to protect government from the church, but church from the government.

Indeed, government should be a force for good, not for evil; and so should any legitimate church.

We are seeing, very vividly, what happens when we force the influence of legitimate religion out of government, while allowing evil religion disguised as secularism to have full influence.

I think "frightening" is a fair description.
Yes, I use that term all the time reading your hate-filled trolling garbage.

I've been assuming all along that America was better than this.
If we were, you wouldn't be here.

But nice set up: you are doing your best to set up a wall of gaslit rationalization for youself and all your snowflake friends so that when the democrats get stomped hard in three weeks as you know is coming, rather than admit fault on your end that the DNC failed big time to serve America, you can just keep claiming and telling youself it was all just due to some widespread anomalous brainwashing and obliteration of free-thinking intelligence by Trump! :auiqs.jpg:

GOOD! GOOD! Keep it up Petunia, as it will next cost you the WH as well in another two years!!! :happy-1:

Uh-huh..and what about those millions of Christians who are Democrats? Oh wait..the entire Democratic party is Marxist?
Perhaps...a lot of folks..both left and right..wish Christianity to get back to Christ's teachings of inclusiveness and tolerance?
Too funny~
...still trying to find those elusive inclusive and tolerant Democrats
The Dems are pretty much all about hate 24/7
This thread is another great example of it

OK..I bored..so I'll bite. It's quite simple really..if you believe that our country was founded as a White, Christian nation..and you believe that we should return to that state--you are a Christian Nationalist.
And there's nothing wrong with that.

Uh-huh..and what about those millions of Christians who are Democrats? Oh wait..the entire Democratic party is Marxist?
Perhaps...a lot of folks..both left and right..wish Christianity to get back to Christ's teachings of inclusiveness and tolerance?
Too funny~
The Dems are being ran by Marxists. And yes their goal is to destroy Christianity.

This guy, MTG and Boebert essentially represent the base of one of our two major parties at this point.

BULLSHIT

Left wing tripe.

You're no independent, Mac. You're a regurgitater of left wing talking points

I think "frightening" is a fair description. I've been assuming all along that America was better than this.
You ASSumed. Fair enough.

OK..I bored..so I'll bite. It's quite simple really..if you believe that our country was founded as a White, Christian nation..and you believe that we should return to that state--you are a Christian Nationalist.
The first settlers can here for religious and economic freedom.

That is a fact.

View attachment 711118
CHRISTIAN MAN BAD!!!!!!!! :eek:

Forum List

Back