DON'T SAY GAY: Florida High School REMOVES all Pride Flags and Emblems from the Year Book

The original intent of the LGBT movement in the USA was to stop persecution of that communities associates for "crimes against nature." I think I called it right back then when I called it a "consensual crime between willing partners(victimless crime)." Being I was & still am of a classical liberal(Libertarian) philosophy I viewed what goes on between consenting adults in private as anything goes. Where the LGBT community went wrong was trying to turn the original intent of the movement into a leftist political movement. The LGBT community is now seeing parental backlash against them & this backlash is definitely intensifying. The LGBT community would be smart to drop the politick'n & just be content with the fact that they don't get busted anymore for their flavor of sexuality.

The issue is they went from wanting tolerance to wanting acceptance.

A Florida high school is now censoring yearbook photos of students holding rainbow flags and “love is love” signs following passage of Florida’s Don’t Say Gay law. The law bans discussion of sexual orientation in ALL grades if it’s not “appropriate” (with no definition).

I thought this was for children up to 3rd grade only? Now they're targeting kids in high school? C'mon Florida...

Thoughts?

^
FAKE NEWS ALERT!!!!

A Florida high school is now censoring yearbook photos of students holding rainbow flags and “love is love” signs following passage of Florida’s Don’t Say Gay law. The law bans discussion of sexual orientation in ALL grades if it’s not “appropriate” (with no definition).

I thought this was for children up to 3rd grade only? Now they're targeting kids in high school? C'mon Florida...

Thoughts?

You didn't think much then. The limit to 3rd grade and below was specifically about what can be taught in the classroom or discussed between teacher and student.

I fully support this move.

We don't need to be Queering our public schools in any way. It has no place in schools period.

If you want to practice your First Amendment Rights do it off campus and not during school hours or with school funded projects like yearbooks.

Thoughts?

It'd be fine as long as it's consistent and nothing religious, nothing political etc should be in it either. Personally I think that's how it should be.

Thoughts?

I don't have a problem with it at all...

It'd be fine as long as it's consistent and nothing religious, nothing political etc should be in it either. Personally I think that's how it should be.
Gay, LBTZGSXP is completely political and that's what the rainbow flag is all about, a political movement.

Forum List

Back