Don't Fall Asleep PEOPLE!!!!

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
Seriously dont be fooled by the scott brown victory and Obama's new economy rhetoric.

The health care bill didn't die, it didn't go away, its STILL in the works. They are still going to try and pass it!!!!

The govt is smart enough to know to keep it quiet and keep us distracted with economy speeches while they continue to move forward with the massive sweeping reform they originally had planned on.

PAY ATTENTION and keep the pressure on your politicians.

hello.... Scott Brown is in fact for government-managed health care, as evidenced by his hold up for Massachusetts's program of mandated health insurance....... yaaa... While it is acceptable that Brown will vote to stop the kind of socialization Obama has in mind, he himself cannot affect workable development....

hello.... Scott Brown is in fact for government-managed health care, as evidenced by his hold up for Massachusetts's program of mandated health insurance....... yaaa... While it is acceptable that Brown will vote to stop the kind of socialization Obama has in mind, he himself cannot affect workable development....

Most understand that the government has created the regulations that are part of the root cause of the explosion in costs. No one person can fix it, not the president and certainly not one senator. It's 30 years past time to look at this industry and apply some real reforms and sane regulations. No one is against reforms, that's just the red herring thrown out by the left.

Related would be addressing the issues with SSI and other entitlements that are driving the deficits.

Seriously dont be fooled by the scott brown victory and Obama's new economy rhetoric.

The health care bill didn't die, it didn't go away, its STILL in the works. They are still going to try and pass it!!!!

The govt is smart enough to know to keep it quiet and keep us distracted with economy speeches while they continue to move forward with the massive sweeping reform they originally had planned on.

You think they aren't going to pass healthcare reform? :eusa_eh: Incredulous.

All better hope they pass reform, not Obamacare.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.................

One and the same, Annie.

One and the same, Annie.

No Sarah, they are not. I give two figs if Obama gets credit, but that massive bill is dead:

O'Donnell: Reform is dead - Live Pulse - POLITICO.com

February 01, 2010
Categories: Miscellany
O'Donnell: Reform is dead

Carrie and I have a story out today that looks at the parallels between the health care reform effort in 1994 and now. For the piece, I talked to Lawrence O'Donnell, who argued that reform is dead even though Democrats won't admit it.

The former Democratic Hill staffer turned MSNBC talker sounded off on the Democratic leadership, the process, and the spin. Here's the expanded write up of the interview:

Lawrence O’Donnell, the Democratic Senate Finance Committee staff director during the ’93-’94 health care debate, said we’re now witnessing reform’s death throes – and Democrats know it. The party will not be able to pass another reform bill through the Senate, period.

“Pelosi said that, ‘We don’t have the votes for passing the Senate bill’ and that should have just ended it. Any discussion of another scenario is juvenile,” he said. “It’s ridiculous.”

Democrats knew they lost reform with the Massachusetts election and some of them like Rep. Barney Frank essentially said so. “The first reaction to the Massachusetts election was the honest reaction,” O’Donnell said. Frank later walked back his comments.

But since Election Night, he said, Democrats have moved into “full bluff mode.”...

Health Care: Git 'Er Done! - Megan McArdle

...I am similarly underwhelmed by the notion that once we've passed the bill, it will somehow be easier to sell "what's in it." There is lots of information about what is in the House and Senate bills, but the public has clearly not consumed that information. Why are they going to magically become more wonkish after it passes?

I find it easier to make the counterargument--that in districts where the thing polls moderately well, it's easier to make up pleasant characteristics for a bill that never passed, and then complain that Republican obstructionism prevented us from realizing the dream. Whatever emerged from a Senate + reconciliation strategy will almost certainly be uglier than either the House or the Senate bills on their own.

Indulge me for a moment, and say the bill passes, and that it polls where it is, or slightly worse, by next fall. That's hardly a crazy supposition, considering the further deals that will have to be cut to make it pass, and the fact that Republicans will happily make procedural hay about using reconciliation.

Are Democratic candidates going to be out there campaigning on their awesome new health care bill? Hardly. In most districts, their opponents are going to be campaigning against it, and Democrats will defensively be saying that, well, you know, it's not really that bad. At least if it doesn't pass, they can claim that they were actually voting to advance towards some never-never bill that was going to emerge from conference.

There is nothing good you can say about an actual bill that you couldn't say about a bill that you voted for, but didn't pass. It's true that this is going to make campaigns hard next fall. But at least now Democrats can say that they thought the better of it. What's their excuse if they pass it?

Reform Good
ObamaCare Bad.

yep! I'm watching the obamie lamie in his town hall meetings strutting his stuff,, saying dumb stuff like all the health care debates were on c span,, blah blah blah,, no hell they weren't not the secret meeting ones where Nelson and Nelson and Reid and Landrui got their suooooper duooooper special treatment, no the one where the democrats sucked up to big Pharma and Insurance,, obamie lamie as usual is a big fat assed LIAR there will be a special nook in heaven for Joe Wilson.. :lol:

Just in case I needed to prove the point in my OP further let me present you with the leader of our house of representatives.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se--vFCx-fs]YouTube - We Must Pass Health Care Reform[/ame]

No shit, one morning we will all wake up (most likely a Sunday morning) and we will all be told that in four years we will all have health insurance that we will be paying on starting on Monday. Oh and the government is going to tell you how much you are going to pay and what kind of benefits, IF ANY, you will get.

Immie

My money is on them piggy-backing it on a bill that will make Republicans look bad for voting against. Kinda like they did last time.... which resulted in the droolaiders on the left accusing the GOP of 'hating the military'. Because partisan sniping is more important that honesty.

But I'm sure Obama wouldn't really do that - cuz he said no more piggy-backing bills in his administration.

Oh, wait... he's already broken that promise. My bad.

Indeed. The 'new' :lol: idea is that they will invite the Republicans to sign up for the new Senate version, much like the old house version. If they don't, 'they don't want reform.' If they don't show, 'they don't care about the people.'

The Tea Party folks and the GOP should be exposing the nonsense for what it is, are they?

The tea party people wont STFU about it ever, but the GOP is full of progressive nitwits who I dont find trustworthy.

I am actually for a good public option. Those using it may have to settle for a bit less than private ins might provide. I do however think it is still better to take care of everyone.

I do not think the healthcare industry should be a for profit industry. And before you say anything, well paid researchers would still try and develop new cures, with perhaps a few less shortcuts that have sometimes had bad side effects.

We have had an awfull lot of drugs pulled off of the market for safety reasons in the last couple of decades. Private concerns could still make medicines and apparatus. Private hospitals, Dr,s and insurance could still profitiably co-exist as well with a public option or perhaps socialized medicine.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back