Don’t Mess Around With The Basics

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
I just can’t shake the feeling that Chief Justice John Roberts sat down with the president and worked out a way for him to rule in favor of the ACA.

That’s not so far-fetched when you remember that Barack Taqiyya taught the Constitution. Even though his interpretations leave a lot to be desired he was clever enough to mangle the meaning of liberties to suit his parasite worldview “. . . the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties.”

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkpdNtTgQNM]2001 Obama WBEZ Interview Redistribution Wealth Warren Court - YouTube[/ame]​

When he says liberties he means Rights:

“Quality, affordable care is not some earned privilege – it’s a right.”

So how come he didn’t say “Quality, affordable care is not some earned privilege – it’s a liberty.” The answer is obvious. It’s impossible to fund liberty with tax dollars.

liberty (noun)
plural liberties

1.a. The condition of being free from restriction or control. b. The right and power to act, believe, or express oneself in a manner of one's own choosing. c. The condition of being physically and legally free from confinement, servitude, or forced labor. See synonyms at freedom.

2. Freedom from unjust or undue governmental control.

3. A right and power to engage in certain actions without control or interference: the liberties protected by the Bill of Rights.

4. Often liberties . a. A breach or overstepping of propriety or social convention. b. A statement, an attitude, or an action not warranted by conditions or actualities: a historical novel that takes liberties with chronology. c. An unwarranted risk; a chance: took foolish liberties on the ski slopes.

5. A period, usually short, during which a sailor is authorized to go ashore.

idiom.
at liberty

1. Not in confinement or under constraint; free.

2. Not employed, occupied, or in use.

Indeed, his positive liberties theory contradicts the very essence of liberty at the same time his interpretation reinforces Rights he calls negative “. . . the liberties protected by the Bill of Rights.”

Either Taqiyya was deliberately trying to mislead everyone from the get-go, or he is so hung up on slavery in Colonial America he will go to his grave insisting that his “positive liberties” mean freedom when, in fact, they must enslave:

idiom.
at liberty

1. Not in confinement or under constraint; free.

Sad to say, nobody with a public voice ever pointed out that every one of Taqiyya’s “positive Rights” has to be funded with tax dollars, while not one “negative Right” in the Constitution requires funding.

Taqiyya’s sly definitions of positive Rights and negative Rights were never plausible, yet he and fellow Democrats managed to codify his hardcore Communist wealth redistribution scheme. With that in mind, I have no doubt that he had a hand in formulating Roberts’ decision.

I think I will be proven right after healthcare.gov is working well-enough to move it out of the headlines. “It’s a tax” will hit Americans with a poleaxe after the government gets around to forcing them to fund the law itself instead of trying to sign up on a flawed website.

Incidentally, blaming the insurance company is a nice piece of misdirection. Anybody with an ounce of brains knows that Taqiyya has been in bed with the insurance industry just as Hillary Clinton was when insurance companies were so deeply involved in HillaryCare. I will never understand Americans who believe that the insurance industry opposes the government forcing everybody to buy insurance.

Secrecy was another item HillaryCare and HillaryCare II had in common. The famous Harry and Louise TV commercial in opposition to HillaryCare was funded by the insurance industry. Nevertheless, after the HillaryCare debacle ended, hints of insurance industry HillaryCare input were uncovered.

If nothing else convinces you try this. Democrats are Wall Street’s best friends. There is not a chance that universal healthcare will eventually eliminate every private healthcare insurance company as many claim. Correction: There is one way. Trading tax dollar funded healthcare “investment” instruments on Wall Street is the exception.

If you research HillaryCare you’ll find that Hillary’s 500 strong White House Task Force was shrouded in so much secrecy nobody at the time knew the names or the backgrounds of the people writing HillaryCare, or how much they were paid.

Finally, the way the Supreme Court has been going it’s time to replace Lady Justice’s balance scale with a tablet that reads: “Don’t Mess Around With The Basics.”

justice-is-blind-statue.jpg

Roberts looked at his legacy as Chief Justice and didn't want to be the one who killed ACA

Roberts looked at his legacy as Chief Justice and didn't want to be the one who killed ACA

He sure fucked that up! Now his legacy is that he threw in with the lying bastard of a president. Too Fucking Bad...Karma sucks :lol:

He sure fucked that up! Now his legacy is that he threw in with the lying bastard of a president. Too Fucking Bad...Karma sucks :lol:

50 years from now when your great grandchildren have Obamacare, none of this will matter

To rightwinger: You’re too generous.

To NLT: You’re a man of nice judgement.

50 years from now when your great grandchildren have Obamacare, none of this will matter

To rightwinger: It will matter to the great grandchildren when they are still paying the bill.

all 3 branches of our federal govt is on the corporate dole.

To Moonglow: Nonsense. It’s more accurate to say the federal government is on the income tax dole. And it’s not new. Here’s a great song from 1936 that I recently posted in a thread in the Economy forum. Listen to the lyrics:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL7RX7ugAeg]The Income Tax by Yacht Club Boys - YouTube[/ame]​

On the face of it a convention of lawyers is better than is a convention of teachers; especially if those lawyers truly want to rein in power mad judges:

Senators Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Mike Lee (R-UT) are among the headliners as the Federalist Society for Law & Public Policy launches its National Lawyers Convention at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington, D.C. with tonight’s keynote address by Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas.

This sounds promising:

The theme of this year’s convention is “Textualism and the Role of Judges.”

Cruz, Lee, Legal Stars Gather for Federalist Society Convention in D.C.
by Ken Klukowski 14 Nov 2013

Cruz, Lee, Legal Stars Gather for Federalist Society Convention in D.C.

I’d like to see the convention address those judges who support the government’s Right to tell law-abiding Americans what they must do rather than what they must not do. In plain English, I hope the convention talks about the inherent evil found in judges who uphold laws that legislate love.

Here are a few of the basics I think are being messed with.

I doubt if a convention of “federal lawyers” will look at one of my pet peeves on the local level. Nevertheless, I’d really like to know where judges got the authority to order Americans to perform community service, attend anger management classes, submit to the tender mercies of psychiatrists before or after they are convicted of a crime, and so on. Perhaps one of those cases will make it to the Supreme Court.

I grew up thinking that judges could only fine lawbreakers, give them jail time, issue restraining orders, take away a driver’s license, and things of that nature. Apparently I was wrong. So I’ll be satisfied learning which century gave American judges the discretion to impose more than the time-tested forms of punishment?

I’d also like to know where judges get the authority to imprison anyone for not paying a debt? Irrespective of the type of debt, American judges established debtor’s prisons in this country. Decent people rightfully object to a Dickensian debtor’s prison, but no matter how humane it is —— hots and cots in a prison still makes it a debtor’s prison. Confiscate everything a debtor owns, but nobody, and I mean nobody, should ever be imprisoned for not paying a debt. This home page has a bunch of stuff on the topic for anybody who wants to do a little research:

Of course, lawyers are judges once removed so the whole damn convention might end up increasing the power judges wield.

Forum List

Back