Don’t force your religion on me.

Someone has to help me on this one, while it seems we pay for a lot of things that people don't agree with, for instance, Wars, Environmental Programs, etc etc. that taxpayers pay for, if the 1st Amendment issue was one that held sway here, then it would also hold sway on every issue that someones religion would take issue with. The bottom line as i see the comments here is peoples objection to how their tax dollars are spent, well join the club, Americans have been objecting about that since before John Hancock's signature was dry. The point is, we elect those who represent us to spend our tax dollars for us in a wise manner and if we do not want them spent on such things as contraceptives then elect a majority to make that happen. As for myself while it's my personal belief abortion is wrong, it is also my belief that my rights end where anothers begin and as such a woman should be allowed to have a choice both moral and physical when it comes to this.

Its very nice to read a sensible and down to earth pov.

How are things in AZ? I've been gone from there for a few years. Beautiful place but with some real crazies running the show.

Romney has always been a moderate and rational conservative. I don't appreciate the fact that he has to don conservative whiskers to placate the GOP base but I'm fairly certain he is still a moderate (a RINO to conservatives) and will preside fairly.

I do NOT beileve he wants to push religion on anyone

This is what makes him dangerous. He's a windsock with no beliefs of his own. He'll say anything to get elected and then do anything Bush's Brain and his owners tell him to do.

Like it or not, a huge difference between the candidates is that Obama, while raising more $, most of his contributions have been $250 or less. Most of Rmoney's have come from his one percent cronies. They own him.

Arizona has gotten a bit of attention lately for our stances, but like most things what people hear is not always the whole story as I suspect it's the same for most things the news media tends to put TV. Arizona while for the most part remains a conservative state when it comes to political leanings, it is in fact changing as a result of a younger and more diverse population that will one day make Arizona less a one party state, and more diverse politically. Having said this, Arizona is a wonderful place to live at least I think so, and it remains beautiful not only for it's Mountians , Deserts, Forests, Canyons, etc, it also is a beautiful place to live because even though people see Arizona as this conservative state, it has always had this live and let live quality about it that remains to this day. So perhaps when our nation attention puts it's focus back on the business of making the American people prosper, and this nation strong and a world leader once again, then perhaps the small things here in Arizona will fade, and the large things like the Grand Canyon and the beauty of our deserts and the people here will once again take center stage.

DON’T FORCE YOUR RELIGION ON ME.
Romney/Ryan’s radical religious beliefs that life began at conceptions and abortion are murder don’t give them the right to force their religious beliefs on me no more than radical Islam force their religious belief and Sharia law on me. My freedom of religion should protect me. I may be an atheist and believe in evolution and not creation. Just because you believe in GOD or ALLAH do not mean I have to. I may not believe in war and don’t want my taxes going to support war but it does and I accept that and respect that of my Government. My religious freedom allows me to have an abortion.

Romney/Ryan want to force their religious belief by way of law on others and that is not different than radical Muslim forcing Sharia law on others.

What a train wreck this poor thing is...

:lol:

Someone has to help me on this one, while it seems we pay for a lot of things that people don't agree with, for instance, Wars, Environmental Programs, etc etc. that taxpayers pay for, if the 1st Amendment issue was one that held sway here, then it would also hold sway on every issue that someones religion would take issue with. The bottom line as i see the comments here is peoples objection to how their tax dollars are spent, well join the club, Americans have been objecting about that since before John Hancock's signature was dry. The point is, we elect those who represent us to spend our tax dollars for us in a wise manner and if we do not want them spent on such things as contraceptives then elect a majority to make that happen. As for myself while it's my personal belief abortion is wrong, it is also my belief that my rights end where anothers begin and as such a woman should be allowed to have a choice both moral and physical when it comes to this.

I've said much the same thing. As a Catholic, I am pro-life. I accept other's right to think otherwise. What I will not accept is taxpayer funding for abortion or birth control. I won't pay for it. You are welcome to it, as long as I ain't paying for it. Not overly complicated.... but it does appear to be over the intellectual paygrade of the moronic borg of the left.

Well Cali, as I stated, I have no issue with those who don't want to have their taxes go to pay for something be it contraceptives or for that matter a JDAM, however as long as we elect those who choose to vote to pay for those things, then we get what we vote for and its a simple matter of voting for those who feel as you do, and if a majority find candidates that do, then legislation will reflect that. The point is not all taxes refelct the will of the entire population even on matters of religion and the beauty of our form of Govt. is that there is a way of changing it as you know.

Last edited:
Romney/Ryan’s radical religious beliefs that life began at conceptions and abortion are murder don’t give them the right to force their religious beliefs on me no more than radical Islam force their religious belief and Sharia law on me. My freedom of religion should protect me. I may be an atheist and believe in evolution and not creation. Just because you believe in GOD or ALLAH do not mean I have to. I may not believe in war and don’t want my taxes going to support war but it does and I accept that and respect that of my Government. My religious freedom allows me to have an abortion.

Romney/Ryan want to force their religious belief by way of law on others and that is not different than radical Muslim forcing Sharia law on others.

They may put more restrictions on abortions, but it is doubtful they will out right ban abortions.

Come to think about it, their whole social program is kind of fishy and I doubt that conservatives know exactly what they are getting. That leaves the issue of foreign policy and economics in my book.

I give Romney economic issue off the back. So the question becomes "Is Romney going to "BOMB BOMB BOMB, BOMB BOMB Iran?" Because that is my deal breaker with him.

svme4o.jpg

Gee! I sure wish someone would invent some kind of birth control besides abortion!

1j9sly.jpg

Hey, baby, I'm too busy being a sensitive caring feminist man to help you raise our kid. You are on your own. You should probably kill it before the women-haters can stop you. If you don't, don't come looking to me for support, okay baby? Now let me finish composing this song about how cool chicks and sunsets and getting high are. And how about a little help? My cup is empty.

Last edited:
Hey-- how about we give all males, upon the age of 12, a vasectomy.

It is reversable, and we leave it up to the male to develop the means of reversing as a sign of being to have kids.

Hey--it will reduce the number of abortions drastically!!!

It is reversable, and we leave it up to the male to develop the means of reversing as a sign of being to have kids.

svme4o.jpg

Gee! I sure wish someone would invent some kind of birth control besides abortions and prepubescent vasectomies!

"Thou shalt not murder" "Thou Shalt not steal" "Don't bear false witness against your neighbor" guess we shouldn't force those on you either....

If your religion allows you to murder, should we let you?

svme4o.jpg

Gee! I sure wish someone would invent some kind of birth control besides prebusescent vasectomies and abortions!

Given the costs (OK--I am using the super exagerrated Fluke numbers here) a vasectomy would be cheaper than the cost of contraceptives and birth contrl for each partner.

You are quite the emotional basket case.

Try knitting

How many times have YOU been pregnant?

Knitting? If you assholes get your way, that's how abortions will be done and make no mistake you stupid asshole, women can and do get desperate enough to do exactly that.

WHY do MEN believe they have the right to weigh in on THIS issue?

And, why do they believe they can make fun of women or talk down to women about this issue?

Until YOU have to figure out how you're going to take care of a child after the father disappears, you really have no right to criticize ANY woman for her decision to abort.

Because men also pay taxes?

You are quite the emotional basket case.

Try knitting

Knitting? If you assholes get your way, that's how abortions will be done and make no mistake you stupid asshole, women can and do get desperate enough to do exactly that.

And, why do they believe they can make fun of women or talk down to women about this issue?

Until YOU have to figure out how you're going to take care of a child after the father disappears, you really have no right to criticize ANY woman for her decision to abort.

I offered to adopt a child rather than let it be aborted....I think I have a right to a say. The truth is, women don't want the kids to be adopted, they want them dead. They foolishly believe that if they abort the child, it will never have existed. So many women have abortions and later regret them, mostly because of idiots like you who cry about it being a right. One girl I know had an abortion at 16. Her parents never knew. She felt so guilty about it she finally confessed to her parents. They went to a family counselor and she told me that if she'd been required to tell her parents before the abortion, she never would have had one and she happily would have been raising her child with her parents blessing. Instead, she spends the rest of her life mourning her murdered child. Good job abortion activists. Good job.

Oh, good grief. :rolleyes: Some days I check in here and simply CANNOT BELIEVE the rank stupidity I see. The idea that somebody would view the killing of innocent life exclusively through the lens of religious belief is just ABSURD. The majority of atheists, for example, are opposed murder. There are many who are against the death penalty, even against its use upon the most heinous of criminals. And in the case of atheists, the ones who are against killing aren't responding to "Thou Shalt Not Kill". Their beliefs on the subject are developed without religious influence. It simply stands to reason that there would be some who reject abortion along the same lines.

This persistent attack on Christians has become tiresome, pathetic even. In order for your argument to be valid, we'd have to believe that atheists around the world have no moral objection to murder because they're not religiously compelled to. And you may not like it, you may not agree with it, but those people who object to abortion do so on grounds of moral intolerance to murder. Simple as that. No religion required.

I offered to adopt a child rather than let it be aborted....I think I have a right to a say. The truth is, women don't want the kids to be adopted, they want them dead. They foolishly believe that if they abort the child, it will never have existed. So many women have abortions and later regret them, mostly because of idiots like you who cry about it being a right. One girl I know had an abortion at 16. Her parents never knew. She felt so guilty about it she finally confessed to her parents. They went to a family counselor and she told me that if she'd been required to tell her parents before the abortion, she never would have had one and she happily would have been raising her child with her parents blessing. Instead, she spends the rest of her life mourning her murdered child. Good job abortion activists. Good job.

We didn't merely offer to adopt a child, we DID adopt TWO children as well as have three of our own.

I have stated my position on abortion several times, and enjoy repeating it.

If you can hear TWO heartbeats when you put your ear to a pregnant womans stomach, one of those heartbeats is a child and abortion would be morally wrong. Only one heartbeat, abort away, since it would not be taking another life, IMHO.

Forum List

Back