Domino’s employee kills robber, residents react

Otis Mayfield

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2021
BOLIVAR, Tenn. – A Bolivar Domino’s was closed Thursday, hours after police say an armed robber was shot and killed by a store employee.

Bolivar Police said two men tried to hold up the restaurant on South Porter Street just before midnight.

They said one of the robbers came through the back door of the business and pointed a gun at the employees and one of the employees pulled out his own gun and opened fire.

Suspect killed in Domino’s Pizza robbery attempt

28-year-old Jahquille Kodarius Dubose was pronounced dead on the scene. The other robber was seen running from the scene.

Some of those in Bolivar who heard about the shooting said they were finding it hard to sympathize with the robber who was killed.

“I’m sad he was robbing them. He knew what was coming. Just my opinion,” said a resident.

I don't know if I would've shot the robber.

First off, it's two gunmen against you. That's not good odds.

-- and --

The other robber was also armed and was covering the other employees. What if you shot the one gunman and the other gunman decided to start shooting the employees?

I would've just given them the money, thinking that would've saved the lives of my fellow employees.

How about you?

BOLIVAR, Tenn. – A Bolivar Domino’s was closed Thursday, hours after police say an armed robber was shot and killed by a store employee.

Bolivar Police said two men tried to hold up the restaurant on South Porter Street just before midnight.

They said one of the robbers came through the back door of the business and pointed a gun at the employees and one of the employees pulled out his own gun and opened fire.

28-year-old Jahquille Kodarius Dubose was pronounced dead on the scene. The other robber was seen running from the scene.

Some of those in Bolivar who heard about the shooting said they were finding it hard to sympathize with the robber who was killed.

“I’m sad he was robbing them. He knew what was coming. Just my opinion,” said a resident.

-- and --

The other robber was also armed and was covering the other employees. What if you shot the one gunman and the other gunman decided to start shooting the employees?

I would've just given them the money, thinking that would've saved the lives of my fellow employees.

How about you?
Calling him a "robber" is a bit inappropriate.

How about, "life threatener" or "aspiring murderer"...?

ALL armed robbers should also be called what they are: aspiring murderers. They are telling those people they WILL be murdered, if they do not do exactly what the assailant says.

And those people are correct to assume they will be murdered anyway. In those moments, the assailant is NOT an "armed robber" only. He is an aspiring murderer and should be treated as such.

Sad but the would be ex-robber should not of such a stupid decision. I can't say I feel bad for him, his family will suffer from his bad choices and I am sure the man who shot the would be ex-robber will have issues and the workers will have PTSD for a long time to come. Hopefully the partner in crime will learn his lesson however I doubt it.

-- and --

How about you?
What if they planned on taking out all the witnesses? :dunno:
After the fact armchair quarterbacking is kinda frivolous especially in a situation like this, none of us know what the crooks were thinking.

What if they planned on taking out all the witnesses? :dunno:
After the fact armchair quarterbacking is kinda frivolous especially in a situation like this, none of us know what the crooks were thinking.

Well, you might find yourself in a similar situation one day. It never hurts to prepare.

-- and --

How about you?

Why do you think they wouldn't have shot you anyway?

ALL armed robbers should also be called what they are: aspiring murderers. They are telling those people they WILL be murdered, if they do not do exactly what the assailant says.

And those people are correct to assume they will be murdered anyway. In those moments, the assailant is NOT an "armed robber" only. He is an aspiring murderer and should be treated as such.
/---/ How about Undocumented Customer?

-- and --

How about you?

My policy would be give them the money...but growing up in Illinois I remember the Browns Chicken massacre, where they robbed the store, marched the employees into a cooler and murdered all of them.....

7 Employees murdered......

So...give them the money, if they order you to go somewhere else, then you need to use a gun increases....

Wait....are you actually Fort Fun Indiana? You are making way to much sense today....

As to your point...

-- and --

How about you?
Me? If I saw a chance to light'em up, I'm going switch hot.

Forum List

Back