Zone1 Do you take down your Christmas decorations before January 7th?

I never put any up to begin with. We tossed-out all that crap years ago.

I bet in my upper middle class neighborhood maybe 25% put out decorations if that.
Actually that's kind of sad. We don't do a lot any more but do line the garage door with lights around the cheery MERRY CHRISTMAS in magnetic letters on the door. Pretty much everybody in the neighborhood does a little something--some go all out. It is cheerful and inviting driving into our neighborhood after dark. Makes a body happy.

This isn't our neighborhood but it always struck me as clever funny :)
1703725950114.png

Our decorations go up on or near December 1st and usually come down Jan 2. I refuse to mix Thanksgiving and Christmas and Christmas pretty much ends our calendar year.
May I suggest you respect little Christmas as well.

Peace

May I suggest you respect little Christmas as well.

Peace
Most Protestant Churches following the liturgical calendar recognize Epiphany on the Sunday following New Year's Day. Epiphany ends the figurative 12 days of Christmas and begins a period of teaching about Jesus Christ as the manifestation, appearance, revelation, light of the world. Epiphany ends when Ash Wednesday begins, most usually sometime in February, marking the beginning of the season of Lent leading up to Easter Sunday. (Two weeks of Easter will be followed by Pentecost that will continue until the next Advent season begins roughly four weeks before Christmas Day.)

The Roman Catholic Church and some orthodox Christian denominations follow somewhat different calendars but the basic traditions will be similar.

Last edited:
Actually that's kind of sad. We don't do a lot any more but do line the garage door with lights around the cheery MERRY CHRISTMAS in magnetic letters on the door. Pretty much everybody in the neighborhood does a little something--some go all out. It is cheerful and inviting driving into our neighborhood after dark. Makes a body happy.

This isn't our neighborhood but it always struck me as clever funny :)
View attachment 879593
The neatest one I ever saw was a old guy (passed years ago) who outlined a old CJ2A Willys Jeep with lights with Santa at the wheel with lighted tree/presents in the back.

I think it was a take on this from WW-2.

R.c1a713283ae43c77bf8a83542f30f21e

We bought a tree on Dec.10, decorated it on the 15th, and usually leave it up until the early Feb.

Then it gets removed to the porch and usually stays there until I burn it in the Spring.

We got our cats some laser eyes this year. :laughing0301:

View attachment 879552
That's a nice yellow ya got there. :abgg2q.jpg:

I was required to make holiday crap in first grade. Since then I have never done any holiday decoration.

Forum List

Back