Do you sleep

Bonnie said:
with the TV on or off??

And if it's on do you ever have dreams based on what's on the TV????

It depends if I've caught the news or not. If I put it on, I put on the timer for 45 min., I think I fall asleep in 5. :laugh:

No tv in the bedroom! I don't want to have to compete with the tube. :)

But, I can't sleep with the tv on, and my husband can sleep any time anywhere. So, I get it my way. :) On this issue.

We sleep to the radio. We listen to Coast to Coast AM while snoozing peacefully away. So far there have been no dreams of alien abduction... Guess it isn't working!

No TV, but I do like to have a fan on in the room. However, I prefer to sleep in total darkness, so much so that I unplug my laptop every night before I go to bed because the power light lights up the room too much for me to sleep.

• Thanks
Reactions: Nuc
Dan said:
No TV, but I do like to have a fan on in the room. However, I prefer to sleep in total darkness, so much so that I unplug my laptop every night before I go to bed because the power light lights up the room too much for me to sleep.
I could sleep with you! :D

I like a fan, too, or at least a little white noise, and I cover my alarm clock with a t-shirt every night. :thup:

And the temperature in the room has to be pretty cool, but I like several blankets... and the sheets must be FLAT, SMOOTH COTTON, not satin or flannel.

Is anyone else this picky about sleeping conditions? :(

Said1 said:
I sleep with the tv on sometimes and do dream of what's happening on the tube.
LOL! I can sleep anywhere, anytime. I've fallen asleep at the computer too many times to count. At the kitchen table. At movies, often. At rock concerts, including "Tommy".

Noise, lights, gunfire, whatever... :sleep:

Kathianne said:
LOL! I can sleep anywhere, anytime. I've fallen asleep at the computer too many times to count. At the kitchen table. At movies, often. At rock concerts, including "Tommy".

Noise, lights, gunfire, whatever... :sleep:
My husband has slept through tornado sirens.

Nienna said:
My husband has slept through tornado sirens.

I understand. I slept through a fire alarm while in a hotel. Dang thing, including lights was in my room. :laugh:

Interesting though, I always awoke with a kid crying or sick. Same when my mom was ill, something wakes me up when it's someone else. :dunno:

Kathianne said:
I understand. I slept through a fire alarm while in a hotel. Dang thing, including lights was in my room. :laugh:

Interesting though, I always awoke with a kid crying or sick. Same when my mom was ill, something wakes me up when it's someone else. :dunno:
I think we can filter out stuff or pick up on triggers while we're sleeping. When we first got married, I had a hard time sleeping bc my poor husband snores like a jackhammer. It doesn't bother me, now, but let a kid whimper, and I'm out of bed.

Bonnie said:
with the TV on or off??

And if it's on do you ever have dreams based on what's on the TV????
I never sleep with the TV on so I never have dreams based on what's on TV.

I don't even have a TV.

I recommend the same to everyone.

You should junk yours.

We just bought a rather large LCD TV today...Im looking forward to utilizing it.

I sleep with the TV off most of the time, sometimes with it on if I'm having trouble falling asleep. Like Dan, I prefer total darkness, which was really hard to get during Alaskan summers, and sometimes I would sleep with a towel on my head so theres no light. And I need a fan or something for steady noise. Even in the winter, my fan faces the wall, only there for sound.

USViking said:
I never sleep with the TV on so I never have dreams based on what's on TV.

I don't even have a TV.

I recommend the same to everyone.

You should junk yours.

No thanks. I like my TV.. Once I am done with work.

Forum List

Back