Do you have Fleetwood Mac's "Rumours"

Nah. I was 8. Back then, I still liked Country.. :) Oh, and Journey, and Foreigner.. But that's about it.

Inside Music: Re:Masters

If you're of a certain age, chances are you do.

One of the first albums I ever bought. saw Mac 4 times in concert, though never with Lindsay Buckingham, more's the pity.

Had a HUUUUUGE crush on Stevie Nicks in my early teens. I'd spend hours watching her performance of Edge of Seventeen.

Ahhhh Stevie....

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lH2m148PrD0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lH2m148PrD0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Nah. I was 8. Back then, I still liked Country.. :) Oh, and Journey, and Foreigner.. But that's about it.

That album was in the Top 10 for years! It doesn't matter how old you are,
as of 2007 the album has sold more than 30 million copies, and is on the list of best-selling albums of all time.

as of 2007 the album has sold more than 30 million copies, and is on the list of best-selling albums of all time.

Who had Bat out of Hell? Meat was a fat SOB but he sure had some pipes.

Not me, but I did have "Frampton Comes Alive" ~another classic!

Not me, but I did have "Frampton Comes Alive" ~another classic!

Aaaaargh! My wife had that! Echo I'm starting to think you're my wife's twin in some parallel universe! My wife says she liked his hair. Pfffft!!!!!

I must've gone through 8 copies of that album in my lifetime so far...

I never did follow the mainstream too closely. I liked what I liked, and to hell with what was "popular" or "in"...

I never did follow the mainstream too closely. I liked what I liked, and to hell with what was "popular" or "in"...

Of course you didn't!

Marylin Manson was very popular with your type.

Oh, and my daughter has claimed my "KISS LIVE" album as her own now.

Really? How many almost 40-year olds do you know that will admit to liking Marilyn Manson, rather than insulting him? You see the makeup, and the clothes, hear the convoluted stories, and that's enough for you...

And while we're defining, what "type" of person likes every thing from Abba to White Zombie?

Last edited by a moderator:

Really? How many almost 40-year olds do you know that will admit to liking Marilyn Manson, rather than insulting him? You see the makeup, and the clothes, hear the convoluted stories, and that's enough for you...

And while we're defining, what "type" of person likes every thing from Abba to White Zombie?

LOL!

Got your goat!

Inside Music: Re:Masters

If you're of a certain age, chances are you do.
Was that before or after Bare Trees? That's the only Fleetwood Mac album I know and like.

Waaaay before. Bare trees was about 4 years before Buckingham/Nicks. Mac were huge as a blues band fronted by Peter Green in the late 60s, then went through a lean spell and several changing lineups until about '75 when Stevie and Lindsay joined. The white album was their first big hit for several years, and that was followed by Rumors which was when they went ballistic. The lineup then stayed the same until they released Tango in '87, after which Lindsay decided he didn't want to do the touring thing.

LOL!

Got your goat!

Actually, you didn't. You're not that good.

Forum List

Back