Do you/Did you Like Your Job?

Did you/Do you like your job, and look forward to doing it?

• Yes

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
Just wondering, all bullshit aside, if you liked your job, or if you presently enjoy your situation enough to say you like your job.

Not "appreciate" your job, but "like" (or 'liked') what you did. I'm trying to answer this one honestly and can't decide.

I absolutely love my job.

The head of my company is an absolute tyrant who demands I work 50 hours a week, perform tasks that others cannot perform, and be there every day to make sure nothing goes wrong.

It is just one of the many perks that comes with owning one's own business.

I absolutely love my job.

The head of my company is an absolute tyrant who demands I work 50 hours a week, perform tasks that others cannot perform, and be there every day to make sure nothing goes wrong.

It is just one of the many perks that comes with owning one's own business.
I had my own business until I realized I was working for an asshole who cared more about the business than anything else.

Indeed .. love my role in the IT field in a consultative role to advance business outcomes, modernize technology and execute on company strategy.

Liked all of mine, until I decided I didn't and when that happened, always had the ability (by planning, opportunity or just happenstance) to say, "Oh, hell no. I'm outta here."

I liked my career as an engineer, it was always challenging and I really enjoyed the problem solving and integrating a complex system together. But I was probably meant to be a musician since both my parents were musicians.

I liked my career as an engineer, it was always challenging and I really enjoyed the problem solving and integrating a complex system together. But I was probably meant to be a musician since both my parents were musicians.
They were probably meant to be engineers.

Liked all of mine, until I decided I didn't and when that happened, always had the ability (by planning, opportunity or just happenstance) to say, "Oh, hell no. I'm outta here."
I liked mine because it gave me an opportunity to travel on their dime to destinations that I otherwise never would have seen. Even after retirement, I stayed on as a consultant for almost two years while they looked for my replacement, but by the end of that time frame, I'd had enough.

I tolerated my job. It provided a decent pay check for very little work and afforded me an early retirement.

I don’t miss it one bit.

I liked mine because it gave me an opportunity to travel on their dime to destinations that I otherwise never would have seen. Even after retirement, I stayed on as a consultant for almost two years while they looked for my replacement, but by the end of that time frame, I'd had enough.

Does good pay, fair treatment, and an easy job all correlate into "liking" your job? Had all three and still hated my job. WTF? Simple, I didn't like the scheduled regimen. You know what it's like to all leave at the exact same time, every single day? It felt (and sometimes looked, I have to admit) like a cattle drive trying to get thru three turnstiles. And those were just the ones I used, there were other exits, and they all looked the same. All that said, I was always so grateful for it that I convinced myself I liked my job.

Just wondering, all bullshit aside, if you liked your job, or if you presently enjoy your situation enough to say you like your job.

Not "appreciate" your job, but "like" (or 'liked') what you did. I'm trying to answer this one honestly and can't decide.
Job ? I had a couple...when I was 13-16. Sorta. My first was cream filling your donutz at Dunkin, at night...back in ? 1966 ?. Next was hot tar roofing in the summer days...before my giant(230) paper route. I worked at a SERVICE station, afternoon to 11 PM,brakes, water pumps, timing chains, in Stoned Skewl. Then I built racing engines while attending Va. Tech(cash only) . Then I built railroad after my degree. Loved me some gandi dancin; mah nig)
Winter was a cross between gunsmithing and racing engines.Climate wouldn't do railroad then...only old timers got maintainence (do nothing unless emergency).
Then I worked at Dayton-Mohawk tire ( Yokohama now).
The I moved to latin amurka( miami).#1 Gunsmith in USA---1986 .Verifiable.
Not sure what since then but I got a lil scratch to play with..Avocado farms, Japanese koi, custom homes,restoration of cars, farming tropicals(small time--lil over 1000 acres.500 hectares).
Just schtuff.
Boring. Should have stayed filling them thar donuts. Stable ya know.Honest hard werkin' amerrikan patriot.

Does good pay, fair treatment, and an easy job all correlate into "liking" your job? Had all three and still hated my job. WTF? Simple, I didn't like the scheduled regimen. You know what it's like to all leave at the exact same time, every single day? It felt (and sometimes looked, I have to admit) like a cattle drive trying to get thru three turnstiles. And those were just the ones I used, there were other exits, and they all looked the same. All that said, I was always so grateful for it that I convinced myself I liked my job.
What "job" are you pretending to have this time liar?

20 years in the Marine Corps, totally loved it.

Current job as a data analyst is a good job and I do like it. The flexibility and the pay are both things I never thought I would ever have from a job. Not that I plan to but I could do this job till I was 70 or later as long as I got to stay remote.

I loved my job, was in a special district in a county maintance dept. There were only 4 of us including the manager. In the almost 30 years I was there only 2 people left the job. One to another dept. and the other died. The last 15 years was all the same 4 guys until I retired @ 52 years old. Great pay, great benefits, great folks, what more could you ask for?

Forum List

Back