Do you believe?

There is not a shred of evidence of extraterrestrials visiting Earth. Humans do not like an information vacuum, so if they see something and don't know what it is, they invent an answer. Bigfoot, aliens, spirits, Elvis, gnomes, unicorns, dragons, leprechauns, Zeus, Obama's mojo, witches, whatever.

Some guy a long time ago when we lived in caves heard something big moving about in the jungle in the dark, and to allay his fears he invented all manner of creatures.

We still do that today.

Is there life elsewhere in the Universe? I'd say there is a good chance that on some rock somewhere is some kind of mold, or in some ocean a few million light years away there swims some kind of living piece of protein, sure.

But buzzing Earthlings and cutting up cows? No.

You know, when you really dive into real science, you discover there is some shit going on in the Universe that is far, far, far more interesting than waving your hands about like an idiot to fix someone's ch'i.

I believe in science.

I agree

Very few planets have the climate that can sustain life. Life on any planet is most likely to be some slime or single cell creature. For a planet to develop an advanced life form capable of interplanetary travel is extremely extremely remote
Now add in the vast distances between solar systems and the hundreds or thousands of years to travel between them and you have the probability that we have been visited by alien life forms

There could be a living thing that is not carbon based. They don't have to have our climate or atmosphere. You cant be so closed minded on that. We have NO idea. But good point on bigfoot lol then again, we dont know.

Do you believe in :

Aliens - I dont doubt the possibility one bit. My sons mother and I saw a crazy UFO one night. It was rectangle shape, couple hundred feet off ground, different color lights all the way around and was not moving, just hoovering.

Bigfoot - I dont doubt it. I dont doubt us finding any kind of crazy creature. Especially one that could link us to evolution even more.

Ghost - Hell no

Anything else you all can think of thats not ridiculous?

How can I not believe in Bigfoot? He posts right here on USMB.

There is not a shred of evidence of extraterrestrials visiting Earth. Humans do not like an information vacuum, so if they see something and don't know what it is, they invent an answer. Bigfoot, aliens, spirits, Elvis, gnomes, unicorns, dragons, leprechauns, Zeus, Obama's mojo, witches, whatever.

Some guy a long time ago when we lived in caves heard something big moving about in the jungle in the dark, and to allay his fears he invented all manner of creatures.

We still do that today.

Is there life elsewhere in the Universe? I'd say there is a good chance that on some rock somewhere is some kind of mold, or in some ocean a few million light years away there swims some kind of living piece of protein, sure.

But buzzing Earthlings and cutting up cows? No.

You know, when you really dive into real science, you discover there is some shit going on in the Universe that is far, far, far more interesting than waving your hands about like an idiot to fix someone's ch'i.

I believe in science.

I agree

Very few planets have the climate that can sustain life. Life on any planet is most likely to be some slime or single cell creature. For a planet to develop an advanced life form capable of interplanetary travel is extremely extremely remote
Now add in the vast distances between solar systems and the hundreds or thousands of years to travel between them and you have the probability that we have been visited by alien life forms

There could be a living thing that is not carbon based. They don't have to have our climate or atmosphere. You cant be so closed minded on that. We have NO idea. But good point on bigfoot lol then again, we dont know.

If you read science fiction comic books you will believe that

Alien beings have the same Periodic Table as we do an the same inorganic and organic structures. Water is a simple compound and is critical to the ability to move and process nutrients.

Water, and a climate within the freezing and boiling point of water are critical to life

Last edited:

Forum List

Back