Do you believe that we are now or will soon be overpopulated?

We are so overpopulated we are even running out of sand

The World Is Running Out of Sand

That's sad.

The problem isnā€™t over population it is manā€™s inability to manage resources.
See here's another person saying that we aren't overpopulated, we just haven't engineered a solution to the fact that we are overpopulated.

If we had 1 million people on this planet we wouldn't need to worry about man's ability or inability to manage resources.

Sure we could go to 100% renewable energy and make room for another 100 million people. But then eventually we will run out of things like water and sand. Ok so then you will learn to turn salt water into drinking water and then we can pack on another 100 million pounds worth of people.

Or we could stop having so many kids and this planet can stay beautiful longer.

Here is a another person claiming I said something I didnā€™t. I didnā€™t say we were or werenā€™t over populated, I criticized manā€™s greed of not managing resources. And if you had only a million people you would still worry about resources and mismanagement. If all that are complaining about over population committed suicide, we wouldnā€™t have this problem. Maybe you need to reconsider gun control, the more violence the less population.

Yea but I don't want innocent people who are already living hurt. I just want all the poor people who can't afford to have kids without foodstamps or welfare to stop having kids. That's it. Is that wrong? We all want that don't we? I don't know why I'm the bad guy for saying we should have 13.2 million less people running around America right now.

There were 13,253,000 children living in poverty in 2016

I never said you are a bad guy. Just get sterlized.

I'm not having any kids. I'm 47 dating a 25 year old Belarus woman. I'm doing my part by not having kids. My brother had 2 sons who will carry on the Sealybobo name. LOL

The problem isnā€™t over population it is manā€™s inability to manage resources.
See here's another person saying that we aren't overpopulated, we just haven't engineered a solution to the fact that we are overpopulated.

If we had 1 million people on this planet we wouldn't need to worry about man's ability or inability to manage resources.

Sure we could go to 100% renewable energy and make room for another 100 million people. But then eventually we will run out of things like water and sand. Ok so then you will learn to turn salt water into drinking water and then we can pack on another 100 million pounds worth of people.

Here is a another person claiming I said something I didnā€™t. I didnā€™t say we were or werenā€™t over populated, I criticized manā€™s greed of not managing resources. And if you had only a million people you would still worry about resources and mismanagement. If all that are complaining about over population committed suicide, we wouldnā€™t have this problem. Maybe you need to reconsider gun control, the more violence the less population.

Yea but I don't want innocent people who are already living hurt. I just want all the poor people who can't afford to have kids without foodstamps or welfare to stop having kids. That's it. Is that wrong? We all want that don't we? I don't know why I'm the bad guy for saying we should have 13.2 million less people running around America right now.

I'm not having any kids. I'm 47 dating a 25 year old Belarus woman. I'm doing my part by not having kids. My brother had 2 sons who will carry on the Sealybobo name. LOL

Don't drink from any unsealed containers if you marry her.........especially after she gets her green card.

Then you and your friend should get sterized that way you can claim to contribute to saving the world.

Don't drink from any unsealed containers if you marry her.........especially after she gets her green card.

I wouldn't marry her. My nephews are going to get everything I leave behind. I would never give her all my wealth. Her mom married the guy she's with only to come to America. She told me her mom only had sex with him twice and she can't stand him. Poor idiot. Oh and she's already got her green card. Not only that the sap who married her mom adopted her so she will get his fortune when him and her mom died. His family is pissed.

I was friends with her for months before we started dating. Yes I help her out with $ but I'll tell you this. She's cheaper than any other girlfriend I've ever had. I don't need to take her out to dinner all the time or on vacations. She cleans my place once a week and I pay her for it. Sure I pay her more than I would pay a real cleaning woman but a real cleaning woman wouldn't blow and fuck me.

But it's funny she is shady just like all women from Eastern Europe. So black people need to realize we don't only stereotype them. We do it to every nationality. I would trust a black American woman more than I would a white woman from Belarus. Is that racist? LOL.

Then you and your friend should get sterized that way you can claim to contribute to saving the world.
I don't need to get sterilized. I already claim to be contributing to saving the world.

This is what Bushanomics and Trumpanomics creates. This is why I say I'm a Republican now. I love it!

U.S. Births Dip To 30-Year Low; Fertility Rate Sinks Further Below Replacement Level

The birthrate fell for nearly every group of women of reproductive age in the U.S. in 2017, reflecting a sharp drop that saw the fewest newborns since 1987, according to a new report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

There were 3,853,472 births in the U.S. in 2017 ā€” "down 2 percent from 2016 and the lowest number in 30 years," the CDC said.

The general fertility rate sank to a record low of 60.2 births per 1,000 women between the ages of 15 and 44 ā€” a 3 percent drop from 2016, the CDC said in its tally of provisional data for the year.

Republicans say consumer confidence is up but a high birthrate would be a better indicator that people aren't worried about money.

Unless you think there is another reason people are having less kids? I think it's because:
low wages
high student loans
high cost of living
high cost of college
no job security anymore

Something I said was deleted. I would love to know what I said. All they gave for a reason was Gross and not on topic. LOL

Sealy, you are all over the board. I donā€™t care about your personal life, you talk the talk and donā€™t walk the walk.

This should be all the information I need to prove my point

But sand isnā€™t just sand, it turns out. In the industrial world, itā€™s ā€œaggregate,ā€ a category that includes gravel, crushed stone, and various recycled materials. Natural aggregate is the worldā€™s second most heavily exploited natural resource, after water, and for many uses the right kind is scarce or inaccessible. In 2014, the United Nations Environment Programme published a report titled ā€œSand, Rarer Than One Thinks,ā€ which concluded that the mining of sand and gravel ā€œgreatly exceeds natural renewal ratesā€ and that ā€œthe amount being mined is increasing exponentially, mainly as a result of rapid economic growth in Asia.ā€

Chinaā€™s swift development had consumed more sand in the previous four years than the United States used in the past century. In India, commercially useful sand is now so scarce that markets for it are dominated by ā€œsand mafiasā€ā€”criminal enterprises that sell material taken illegally from rivers and other sources, sometimes killing to safeguard their deposits. In the United States, the fastest-growing uses include the fortification of shorelines eroded by rising sea levels and more and more powerful ocean stormsā€”efforts that, like many attempts to address environmental challenges, create environmental challenges of their own.

So unkotare thinks we can engineer our way out of our problems. Looks to me like our solutions create their own environmental challenges.

Sand on ocean beaches usually includes a high proportion of shell pieces and, increasingly, bits of decomposing plastic trash;

Sealy, you are all over the board. I donā€™t care about your personal life, you talk the talk and donā€™t walk the walk.

How do I not walk the walk?

Aggregate is the main constituent of concrete (eighty per cent) and asphalt (ninety-four per cent), and itā€™s also the primary base material that concrete and asphalt are placed on during the building of roads, buildings, parking lots, runways, and many other structures. A report published in 2004 by the American Geological Institute said that a typical American house requires more than a hundred tons of sand, gravel, and crushed stone for the foundation, basement, garage, and driveway, and more than two hundred tons if you include its share of the street that runs in front of it. A mile-long section of a single lane of an American interstate highway requires thirty-eight thousand tons. The most dramatic global increase in aggregate consumption is occurring in parts of the world where people who build roads are trying to keep pace with people who buy cars. Chinese officials have said that by 2030 they hope to have completed a hundred and sixty-five thousand miles of roads

Windowpanes, wineglasses, and cell-phone screens are made from melted sand. Sand is used for filtration in water-treatment facilities, septic systems, and swimming pools. Oil and gas drillers inject large quantities of hard, round sand into fracked rock formations in order to hold the cracks open, like shoving a foot in the door. Railroad locomotives drop angular sand onto the rails in front of their wheels as they brake, to improve traction. Australia and India are major exporters of garnet sand, which is crushed to make an abrasive material used in sandblasting and by water-jet cutters. Foundries use sand to form the molds for iron bolts, manhole covers, engine blocks, and other cast-metal objects. I once visited a foundry in Arizona whose products included parts for airplanes, cruise missiles, and artificial hip joints, and I watched a worker pouring molten stainless steel into a mold that had been made by repeatedly dipping a wax pattern into a ceramic slurry and then into sand. The work area was so hot that I nervously checked my arm, because I thought my shirt was on fire. Factories that produce plate glassā€”by pouring thin layers of molten silica onto baths of molten tinā€”can be hotter.

There may be sufficient food, but humans are destroying the habitats of other animals. The population of this planet needs to be reduced to about 2 billion, and no higher.

Yet here you still are...

I'm not asking anyone to commit suicide, shit for brains.

That's sad.

That has ALWAYS been the real issue, but idiots like Bobobrainless can only process simple ideas, no matter how inaccurate.

Good luck trying to manage the resources.

In some applications, natural aggregate can be replaced by or supplemented with recycled materials, but the possibilities are limited. And efforts to reduce consumption are complicated by the fact that many environmentally desirable products and activities depend as heavily on aggregate as environmentally undesirable ones do: solar panels are made from silica and silicon; wind turbines are manufactured with foundry sand; autonomous electric vehicles need roads and highways, too.

Unfortunately for Dubaiā€™s builders and real-estate developers, desert sand is also unsuitable for construction and, indeed, for almost any human use. The grains donā€™t have enough fractured faces for concrete and asphalt, and theyā€™re too small and round for water-filtration systems. The high-compression concrete used in Dubaiā€™s Burj Khalifa, the worldā€™s tallest structure, was made with sand imported from Australia.

The World consists of three hundred small islands arranged in clusters that (vaguely) suggest a Mercator projection of Earth. Creating so much artificial land required enormous shipments of quarried stone, from across the Emirates, as well as hundreds of millions of tons of sand, which foreign contractors dredged from the floor of the Gulf and heaped into piles. According to a U.N. report, the dredging ā€œexhausted all of the marine sand resources in Dubai,ā€ and also did extensive environmental damage. Seafloor dredging creates the undersea equivalent of choking sandstorms, killing organisms, destroying coral reefs and other habitats, and altering patterns of water circulation. In 2011, a British scientist who had studied the Dubai projects told Nature, ā€œAll the ecological trajectories are downhill.ā€

There may be sufficient food, but humans are destroying the habitats of other animals. The population of this planet needs to be reduced to about 2 billion, and no higher.

That's sad.

Every baby born makes this world more beautiful.

That's sad.

Wrong, idiot. Put two people in a room with one pizza and youā€™ll run into problems managing resources. Youā€™re just too damn stupid to grasp the concepts.

Is that why you, a union public school teacher is a Republican? They've convinced you that Democrats are communists? Boy are you fucking stupid.

Have you started a thread on this subject? I'd love for you to explain how my "masters" are communists.

I thought Democrats were in bed with the rich? I thought it was them who widened the gap between the rich and poor. THat's at least the stupid claim Republicans make. Now you are suggesting that we want to take the rich people's money and spread it around so that a doctor makes as much as a lowly public school teacher?

Who is saying that? No one. Maybe you need to re educate yourself. Maybe as a wrestler you were dropped on your head too many times.
The leaders of any supposed communist nation are all the rich.
Well trying to shrink the income inequality in this country or trying to shrink the gap between rich and poor isn't communism but that's what rich Republicans will tell you.

Gap between rich and poor continues to widen, latest Fed data show

What are Republicans doing about it? In 2016 they blamed Obama for it but now what are they doing to fix this problem? Or, now that Republicans are in charge, like the debt, this is no longer a problem. It was only a problem when Democrats were in charge. Blame Obama. But then don't give him credit for anything. Just blame.

The Democrats blame Republicans and the Republicans blame the Democrats and spending and deficits only matter to the party not in charge. I see no difference in the two parties.

Yes, both parties actually have nearly identical policies when it comes to important things like war, over spending, lying, the war on drugs, overly expensive health care, high tuition, lack of affordable housing, etc.
No, we didn't invade Iraq the Republicans did. ....?

Factually wrong.

That's sad.

No need. His personality and proclivities achieve the same results.

I'm not having any kids. ....LOL

Of course, closet case. Meanwhile, heterosexual couples will continue to have children. Just at a lower rate in developed countries. Economics is putting the lie to the false crisis.

I can honestly bleat here are far too many white English speaking whites and Brit riff raff loitering across the planet with far more money than brains. We assholes are everywhere ! 360 or so million(US if IsnTreal-semi current concensus) and lets assume 1/3 are NOT world travelers( because they're kids). Down to 120.Half of those are mental cases or broke ass trailer trash on multiple drugs and no idea where the other parental unit is.Down to 40 million or so ? Mas o menos. Lets not get technical.
Why is it that you enter any airport on earth and there a lines of loudmouth English( or Brit---all together different) standing in every line you get near elaborating their fatass superiority complex to everyone who doesn't have the balls to knock them the fuck out ?
Yeah. Overpopulation-oxygen thievery is a REAL issue.I think three IQ questionnaires at age 9 should be mandated and those who cant pass 2 of the three should be immediately spayed and or neutered( unless they're " neutral/unsure") Just shoot those in the head

I'm not having any kids. ....LOL

Of course, closet case. Meanwhile, heterosexual couples will continue to have children. Just at a lower rate in developed countries. Economics is putting the lie to the false crisis.
Thatā€™s what I said. Republican policy is if you have a kid pay for them. And they wonā€™t be cheap. And the masses who think they are middle class but are in debt and have no savings will probably have fewer kids.

Republican policies are solving this problem I agree

No need. His personality and proclivities achieve the same results.
Iā€™m helping the planet and Mother Nature. We have too many humans now just ask all the other animals whoā€™ve gone extinct because of us.

Unkotare thinks every baby is so precious they are worth the bio diversity we once had??? I think also those extinct species were more precious

And what about the future? We should never run out of natural resources

Forum List

Back