Do You Believe That God Has Many Different Forms, Or Do You Only Believe In One Religion?

And there is a mechanism for a magic realm of spirits and immortal souls that both can and connot interact with matter and that there is an inexhaustible supply of these immortal souls just waiting to be plugged into every person that will be born?

And we already know that no 2 atoms are exactly alike even though you want to ignore that fact. So what makes atoms of the same element slightly different?

Since you think everyhting has to have a purpose, what is the "purpose" of that?
Yes, God who is spirit is the mechanism.

The purpose of mind creating a physical world is for us to share in his existence.

No I am completely indifferent to the existence of gods.

I have told you this many times.

I don't think it matters of gods exist or not. Besides that, there is no proof that they do.

I would no sooner kneel before a god as I would another man.
Given you persistent opposition to God I am wondering if you know what indifferent means.

You are describing a material process for which there is no evidence of or even an hypothesis for how it would physically occur or why.

Do you have any links to a scientific paper for this?
I told you this is a thought experiment.

And we already know that no two atoms of the same element are exactly alike.

We know that a person can make real physiological changes in his body at the cellular level through his own behaviors

We know that identical twins have different gene expressions

These FACTS were the starting point of my thought experiment.

So tell you what when you can prove and back it up with scientific papers that there is a magic realm where immortal souls live and that there are souls there for every person who has ever lived and will ever live and that those souls can simultaneously be unable and yet somehow still able to interact with matter then you can ask me for the same proof

Yes, God who is spirit is the mechanism.

The purpose of mind creating a physical world is for us to share in his existence.
Where is your scientific paper that proves gods exist?

Saying a god did it isn't proof it's a cop out.

Given you persistent opposition to God I am wondering if you know what indifferent means.
How can I oppose what I don't care about?

I have seen no proof that gods exist and you have not provided any.

I told you this is a thought experiment.

And we already know that no two atoms of the same element are exactly alike.

We know that a person can make real physiological changes in his body at the cellular level through his own behaviors

We know that identical twins have different gene expressions

These FACTS were the starting point of my thought experiment.

So tell you what when you can prove and back it up with scientific papers that there is a magic realm where immortal souls live and that there are souls there for every person who has ever lived and will ever live and that those souls can simultaneously be unable and yet somehow still able to interact with matter then you can ask me for the same proof
Spirit, unlike physical processes like you are describing are impervious to physical investigation.

Spirit, unlike physical processes like you are describing are impervious to physical investigation.
That's your excuse for not having proof.

If it is impervious to detection then you cannot prove that it is nothing but fiction.

That violates all laws of physics.

If it is impervious to detection then you cannot prove that it is nothing but fiction.

It's not an excuse, it is reality.

Laws of physics do not apply to no things. God is no thing.

Exactly, it is your dogged opposition which proves you care and have a horse in the race.
Saying I don't think it matters is not opposition.

So tell you what when you can bring your god to my house and introduce us I will believe gods exist. I still won;t worship gods but at least I won;t have to say that I don;t know if gods exist or not

Which by the way is all I have ever said I'm not an atheist I'm just not convinced gods exist.

Speaking of violating the laws of physics, how does thought patterns leaving imprints on atoms not violate the laws of physics. Thoughts are incorporeal. They don't exist in material form.

Saying I don't think it matters is not opposition.

So tell you what when you can bring your god to my house and introduce us I will believe gods exist. I still won;t worship gods but at least I won;t have to say that I don;t know if gods exist or not

Which by the way is all I have ever said I'm not an atheist I'm just not convinced gods exist.
You argue against God daily. That's not indifference.

Speaking of violating the laws of physics, how does thought patterns leaving imprints on atoms not violate the laws of physics. Thoughts are incorporeal. They don't exist in material form.
Yet those thoughts result in electrical and chemical processes in the brain and the body. Or is it the electrical and chemical processes of the brain that results in thoughts?

Either way there is a physical measurable event that exists simultaneously with thought.

Or do you deny this scientific fact as well? Maybe your thoughts live in that magic spirit world but then they wouldn't be able to interact with the matter in your brain to produce those chemical and electrical signals, would they?

You argue against God daily. That's not indifference.
Quote me.

Stop telling me what you think I said and post what I actually say.

I don;t think it matters if gods exist or not.

This is my position on gods and it has not changed

Yet those thoughts result in electrical and chemical processes in the brain and the body. Or is it the electrical and chemical processes of the brain that results in thoughts?

Either way there is a physical measurable event that exists simultaneously with thought.

Or do you deny this scientific fact as well? Maybe your thoughts live in that magic spirit world but then they wouldn't be able to interact with the matter in your brain to produce those chemical and electrical signals.
And how do electrical and chemical processes in the brain leave imprints on atoms?

This is a really good question I just had because it was a topic of conversation a few days ago and hopefully I can explain it correctly. Do you believe that there's only one religion and all of the other ones are false and those gods don't exist, or do you believe that there is still one God, but many different beliefs about Him? I'll give you some examples because I'm not sure if I worded that correctly. Like Allah, Zeus, and God/Jesus.

Are they all the same God, but people have mixed views about Him? Or are they completely different gods altogether? I tend to believe it's the first one because otherwise, why would they all be considered godly spiritual beings? I hope that I explained that well enough. JGalt, JohnDB, I would really like to hear your opinions on this, and yes I know there are many different branches like Catholic and Baptist, but that's not what I'm referring to.
There is one God and It defies all attempts to name It.

Forum List

Back