Do we want 60,000 more Haitians entering the US? (poll)

Should the US allow open borders and an unlimited number of migrants into the US?

• Yes, Biden's new border policies are wonderful

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • No, Trump had the border closed and solved, migrants waited in Mexico

Votes: 21 77.8%

• Total voters
No, it’s because the law states there is no illegal way to come here as a refugee.

It’s as legal to row a boat from Cuba as it is to swim the Rio Grande.

That’s not an opinion. Federal law as well as international treaty explicitly say so.
They are not refugees.

• You are located outside the United States

• The reason for persecution is related to one of five things: race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion

• You have not already resettled in another country

• You are not inadmissible to the United States

A lot of these Haitians spent years in one South American Country or another. They're not going to get refugee status.

The "inadmissible" part is a that you're a criminal or terrorist.

A lot of Haitians aren't persecuted.

So they'll get their immigration hearing and the judge will send them back to Haiti.

We need more immigration judges. There's a shortage. I'm not kidding.
They won't get deported. Rest of your post is solid.

The Biden admin's "Open Border" policy is a magnet for migrants.
"Panama foreign minister Erika Mouynes expressed frustration to Axios that the Biden administration seemed caught off guard by the Haitian migrant crisis because "we sounded the alarm when we should have."
Why it matters: The worst may still be coming. Mouynes said there are as many as 60,000 migrants — mostly Haitian — poised to make their way north to the U.S.-Mexico border."

Trump had the border solved, and now its an ongoing disaster, from 15,000 to 60,000 migrants, next month it could be 120,000. This BORDER MESS is ENTIRELY BIDEN'S FAULT!!!!
I think we should just ask Haiti if they would like us to take over their tragic island nation.

I like Haitians. They are great people. And they make great baseball players. My three youngest children were birthed by a Haitian doctor. She was fantastic, which is why we went back to her.

I think we should just ask Haiti if they would like us to take over their tragic island nation.

I like Haitians. They are great people. And they make great baseball players. My three youngest children were birthed by a Haitian doctor. She was fantastic, which is why we went back to her.
The Clintons took all their money. Give Haiti to Killary. And easy on the stereotyping.

The sooner we get more immigrants - the sooner we vote Republicans out of office!
I have never understood the Republican hatred of immigrants. Immigrants are deeply religious, family oriented, and hard working. In other words, everything the GOP claims to hold dear.

The GOP is really missing the boat, no pun intended.

I have never understood the Republican hatred of immigrants. Immigrants are deeply religious, family oriented, and hard working. In other words, everything the GOP claims to hold dear.

The GOP is really missing the boat, no pun intended.
There is no hatred. There are assholes that say there is. There are many viable reasons to oppose mass immigration. Keeping this country free is one of them.

Agree about the hypocrisy for Republicans. Republican tolerance for refugees depends largely on politics.

Refugees aren’t people. They’re tools to attack democrats to them. They wail on about the value of human life but in practice, the value isn’t their life but their political utility.
Illegals and the refugees are a drain on society in every way.........they are the welfare hos of generations forever, they are the criminals generations forever, they are drain on medical, schools and everything else.......

Come here legally, support yourself and family or don't come at all.....

I don't want haiti.....Send Birth Control and tell them to get their shit together.

"the president falsely claimed he’d promised — and delivered — 450 miles of border wall.
In fact, that amounts to less than half of his initial promise. And just 47 miles of the 450 miles amounts new structures where none existed before."
Scroll up to post #62 and read my response to your incorrect post.
You guys don't do anything except repeat old talking points, like they are true.
The problem is that they are lies.
Replacing old ineffective wall with new effective wall has the full support of the CBP.

We need more people pulling the wagon, not more riding in it.

We need more people pulling the wagon, not more riding in it.
And now...the good news. Immigrants have always been the engine of our economy.

About 40 percent of our Ph.D. scientists and engineers were born in another country, Orrenius writes. People tend to focus on illegal or low-skilled immigration when discussing immigrants and often do not recognize the tremendous contribution of high-skilled immigrants.

Dallas Federal Reserve

A new study, released last week, throws new information into the debate over foreign workers who arrive in the U.S. on such specialty visas.

The report, based on telephone surveys with 2,054 companies and projections by researchers at the University of California at Berkeley and Duke University, says about 25 percent of the technology and engineering companies launched in the U.S. in the past decade had at least one foreign-born founder.

Immigrants Become Founding Fathers

These immigrant founders tended to be highly educated - 96 percent held bachelor's degrees and 74 percent held graduate or postgraduate degrees, with 75 percent of these degrees in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics-related fields. The vast majority of these company founders didn't come to the United States as entrepreneurs 52 percent came to study, 40 percent came to work, and 5.5 percent came for family reasons. Only 1.6 percent came to start companies in America.

Even though these founders immigrated for other purposes initially, they typically started their companies just 13.25 years after arriving in the United States. And, rather than settling in well-established immigrant gateways, such as New York or Los Angeles, they moved to a diverse group of tech centers across the country and helped fuel their growth.

http://www.kauffman.org/uploadedFiles/WadhwaTBook09.pdf

While 23 percent of the nation's cooks and 20 percent of its janitors were immigrants in 2000, 27 percent of new computer-software engineers were also immigrants, according to a recent Migration Policy Institute study.

Indeed, the more technically educated the group, the more likely immigrants are to be overrepresented in it. While the foreign born make up 15 percent of the overall workforce, according to the 2000 census, they constitute approximately 17 percent of those with a bachelor's degree in science and engineering occupations, 29 percent of those with a master's degree, and 39 percent of those with a doctoral degree.

As US nears milestone, a rising mix of immigrants - CSMonitor.com

"[T]he more technically educated the group, the more likely immigrants are to be overrepresented in it."

The Biden admin's "Open Border" policy is a magnet for migrants.
"Panama foreign minister Erika Mouynes expressed frustration to Axios that the Biden administration seemed caught off guard by the Haitian migrant crisis because "we sounded the alarm when we should have."
Why it matters: The worst may still be coming. Mouynes said there are as many as 60,000 migrants — mostly Haitian — poised to make their way north to the U.S.-Mexico border."

Trump had the border solved, and now its an ongoing disaster, from 15,000 to 60,000 migrants, next month it could be 120,000. This BORDER MESS is ENTIRELY BIDEN'S FAULT!!!!
Let them in there are too many obese lazy ass cons that need able bodies to take care of them.

Forum List

Back