Do those with employer sponsored HC have a right to force others to pay for it?

In 2008, employers with employer sponsored health insurance got 131 BILLION dollars in tax breaks.

What are the largest tax expenditures?

That tax break was paid for either with taxes on employers and employees without healthcare insurance, or deficit dollars passed on to children, who didn't get a vote.

That's only relevant if we were to assume the government is entitled to 100% of what corporations make.

:wtf:

Equating a lower tax burden with "getting" something only works if the gubmint is entitled to everything from you from the get-go. All that is happening is the government is taking less.. that is no gift.

In 2008, employers with employer sponsored health insurance got 131 BILLION dollars in tax breaks.

That tax break was paid for either with taxes on employers and employees without healthcare insurance, or deficit dollars passed on to children, who didn't get a vote.

That's only relevant if we were to assume the government is entitled to 100% of what corporations make.
Well. aren't you one who's arguing it's unfair to tax you to pay for others' healthcare?

Uhm.. what? Yes, but how on Earth do you conflate me not wanting to be taxed to pay fr something for someone else with the notion that a tax break isn't a gift?

yes, but the money used to pay for healthcare benefits is refunded by the fed govt. Your analysis ignores the impact of corporate welfare in the form of the HC tax expenditure. that is, the gummit subsidises one guys wages by taxing others.

Did those companies get more back from the government than they paid in?

Equating a lower tax burden with "getting" something only works if the gubmint is entitled to everything from you from the get-go. All that is happening is the government is taking less.. that is no gift.

That's an economic theory I'm unfamiliar with.

I know, most liberals think the government is entitled to everything so when they take less, you're getting a gift. Gee, Instead of taking 79% of everything you make, I'll take 75%. You're welcome.

It is sad.

I know, most liberals think the government is entitled to everything so when they take less, you're getting a gift. Gee, Instead of taking 79% of everything you make, I'll take 75%. You're welcome.

It is sad.

So in other words you're just Making Shit Up. I'll keep that in mind.

It is sad.

Do whatever you will... or, you can explain how taking less is giving.

Great, you push for the employees to pay taxes on their benefits packages and then sit back and watch every union abandon your party.
No, I'd get rid of the packages in exchange for tax credits to individuals. Partly because if an individual is purchasing a service in a free market, they'll typically chose the most efficient service.

But the point of the thread is to expose the hypocrisy of those complaining their taxes go to obamacare, when in fact, their employer sponsored plans are paid for with taxes.

Yet you still want it to be taxpayer funded, you just want to engage in accounting tricks.

Great, you push for the employees to pay taxes on their benefits packages and then sit back and watch every union abandon your party.
No, I'd get rid of the packages in exchange for tax credits to individuals. Partly because if an individual is purchasing a service in a free market, they'll typically chose the most efficient service.

But the point of the thread is to expose the hypocrisy of those complaining their taxes go to obamacare, when in fact, their employer sponsored plans are paid for with taxes.

Yet you still want it to be taxpayer funded, you just want to engage in accounting tricks.

Not to mention he doesn't understand basic accounting. A deductible expense isn't paid for by taxes, that's retarded.

It is sad.

Why would you imagine I'd be interested in trying to make sense of your cockamamie "theories"?

IOW, "Please please please don't make my boss take away my health insurance!"

It is sad.

Why would you imagine I'd be interested in trying to make sense of your cockamamie "theories"?

I don't imagine you can make sense of very much. That is obvious.

Go smoke some more weed kid.

most liberals think the government is entitled to everything so when they take less, you're getting a gift.

You sure say stupid things.
From what I have read on here from the Republican side is that ALL liberals are in the forty seven percent who pay no taxes and think that IF you dont get back 125% of what you paid in you got screwed.

All you have to do to keep ALL your money is earn less and file for Ford/Reagans greatest gift to poor people; the creation/expansion of the EItC.
Your problem solved.
And what was that crazy shit about 75% tax rates and shit?
Weird ass.

What? I don't have a boss.

Liberals are stupid.... taking less of something that isn't yours in the first place is giving to the person you took from.

Holy cow.

most liberals think the government is entitled to everything so when they take less, you're getting a gift.

You sure say stupid things.
From what I have read on here from the Republican side is that ALL liberals are in the forty seven percent who pay no taxes and think that IF you dont get back 125% of what you paid in you got screwed.

All you have to do to keep ALL your money is earn less and file for Ford/Reagans greatest gift to poor people; the creation/expansion of the EItC.
Your problem solved.
And what was that crazy shit about 75% tax rates and shit?
Weird ass.

I never said any such thing.. are you high?

I think we have some chronic weedheads here today.

know, most liberals think the government is entitled to everything so when they take less, you're getting a gift. Gee, Instead of taking 79% of everything you make, I'll take 75%. You're welcome

Sure you said that. Here is your quote again.

Most liberals get back all their paid taxes PLUS additional money.

So how the hell you figure most liberals think the government should get all their money in taxes?

know, most liberals think the government is entitled to everything so when they take less, you're getting a gift. Gee, Instead of taking 79% of everything you make, I'll take 75%. You're welcome

Sure you said that. Here is your quote again.

Most liberals get back all their paid taxes PLUS additional money.

So how the hell you figure most liberals think the government should get all their money in taxes?

What post was that again?

So you're fine with those who do getting a free ride? That's very generous of you.

It didn't bother me, either, until they started acting all snotty about the PPACA, as if they had employer-provided insurance because they were somehow superior to everyone else.

Forum List

Back