Do politicians lie?

GoDemocratic

Apr 25, 2017
I was watching TV when they showed Trump with the President of Colombia and they both made a short speech. After that the reporters could ask a few questions. Here's what happened:

Mr. Trump: Did you actually fire Comey because he was investigating this Russian collusion?

Ans: No !

Mr Manuel Santos do you think the wall on the Mexican border will prevent more drugs from entering the USA?

Ans: Let me say first of all that drugs is a global problem. All countries of the world are involved in it. In Colombia, we need to reduce the drugs being manufactured and we have destroyed over 40,000 jungle laboratories and we have captured a number of drug lords and gangs. However, this is a two sided coin. The remaining countries of the world have the obligation to reduce the market for these drugs. As long as there is a market, the gangs will find ways to get the drugs there. They are very patient and resourceful. blah blah blah

Now, which one of these sounds like a polished politician? Notice that Manual Santos did not actually answer the question but simply distracted the audience from it and spoke around the subject until you forgot what the question was. If he answered yes, then he would have an friend of Donald Trump and an enemy of Mexico, or vice versa if he said no. So you can see who is smooth and who has no experience in relating to people.

I was watching TV when they showed Trump with the President of Colombia and they both made a short speech. After that the reporters could ask a few questions. Here's what happened:

Mr. Trump: Did you actually fire Comey because he was investigating this Russian collusion?

Mr Manuel Santos do you think the wall on the Mexican border will prevent more drugs from entering the USA?

Ans: Let me say first of all that drugs is a global problem. All countries of the world are involved in it. In Colombia, we need to reduce the drugs being manufactured and we have destroyed over 40,000 jungle laboratories and we have captured a number of drug lords and gangs. However, this is a two sided coin. The remaining countries of the world have the obligation to reduce the market for these drugs. As long as there is a market, the gangs will find ways to get the drugs there. They are very patient and resourceful. blah blah blah

Now, which one of these sounds like a polished politician? Notice that Manual Santos did not actually answer the question but simply distracted the audience from it and spoke around the subject until you forgot what the question was. If he answered yes, then he would have an friend of Donald Trump and an enemy of Mexico, or vice versa if he said no. So you can see who is smooth and who has no experience in relating to people.

Yabbut they're two different kinds of questions. The first is a direct yes/no statement of fact (or at least considering the questionee, a request for a fact). The second is asking an opinion. Besides which, while Santos' answer depending on what's in it, may or may not involve other people and other countries --- Rump's question does not. It's simply "did you or did you not".

So you cream in your jeans listening to the bullshit?

No wonder why you loved Obama, A well spoken bull shit artist let me guess you bought theses also when seen on Television

Yabbut they're two different kinds of questions. The first is a direct yes/no statement of fact (or at least considering the questionee, a request for a fact). The second is asking an opinion. Besides which, while Santos' answer depending on what's in it, may or may not involve other people and other countries --- Rump's question does not. It's simply "did you or did you not".

Wrong, a politician never answers yes or no. They simply talk about the subject up, down and sideways until you forget what the freakin' question was. Now in the case above for Trump, he should have started with "Let me tell you something straight from the chest. Law enforcement in this country needs someone strong to lead it otherwise it will not be effective. Last year there were more than 10% more murders than the year before. .... blah blah blah -- get it?

Last edited:

You are a liar.

SMC

Wrong, a politician never answers yes or no. They simply talk about the subject up, down and sideways until you forget what the freakin' question was. Now in the case above for Trump, he should have started with "Let me tell you something straight from the chest. Law enforcement in this country needs someone strong to lead it otherwise it will not be effective. Last year there were more than 10% more murders than the year before. .... blah blah blah -- get it?

No.
They're two completely different questions. You're attempting to compare apples with oranges here.

And yes, we all know who's the orange.

Lies+are+the+currency+of+politicians++and+there+are+no+poor+politicians.jpg

Forum List

Back