DNC supports vets

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
By Michelle Malkin · October 07, 2006 05:25 PM
A military guy e-mails a weekend website blooper:

Thought you might be interested in posting this. The DNC website has a page called Veterans and Military Families where they purpo[r]t to care about the welfare of US troops. Unfortunately they couldn't even find a picture of a US soldier to post on the page. The picture in the Get Involved frame is not a US Army uniform. The soldiers in the background are not in a US uniform either.
20061007DemocratScreen.jpg

My military correspondent says the uniform in the DNC photo...
20061007DemocratPhotoshop01.jpg

...is Canadian. Is he right?
20061007DemocratPhotoshop02.jpg

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/006073.htm

http://www.democrats.org/a/communities/veterans_and_military_families/

I found this over atLGFs site....

20061007DemZoom.jpg

And here’s a zoomed-in version showing the incredibly obvious rubber-stamping and blurring of the badge area:
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=22868_Democratic_Party_Fauxtoshops_Veteran&only

Here’s our Canadian soldier in a better mood, no longer fretting about the ill treatment he’s received from the Republicans. (Hat tip: Catttt.)
20061007DemocratPhotoshop03.jpg

There is also a version of this photo posted at iStockPhoto that has been photoshopped to remove the badge, so it’s possible that the DNC didn’t do the alteration themselves, but went searching for a photo of a soldier looking grim and seized on this one without noticing (or apparently, caring) that it wasn’t a US soldier.

lgf clears it up:

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=22868_Democratic_Party_Fauxtoshops_Veteran&only

Saturday, October 07, 2006
Democratic Party Fauxtoshops Veteran

I guess The Democratic Party couldn’t find a photograph of a US veteran that had the right attitude for their web site’s page slamming the Bush administration for not supporting the troops enough.

So they found a picture of a Canadian soldier, digitally removed the badge from his beret, and used that instead. Michelle Malkin has details: DNC supports vets...but from which country?

Someone (mardukhai) tipped me off about this too, and I was preparing a post before I knew Michelle had already broken it. Because I hate for all this work to go to waste, here’s the screenshot of their page, linked above:

Here’s the photoshopped image:

And here’s a zoomed-in version showing the incredibly obvious rubber-stamping and blurring of the badge area:

This is how they show us the depth of their caring and support for US soldiers—by faking an image using a member of another country’s military.

UPDATE at 10/7/06 8:01:58 pm:

LGF reader MeanMrMustard discovered the original:

20061007democratphotoshop02bk3.jpg

UPDATE at 10/7/06 8:25:26 pm:

Here’s our Canadian soldier in a better mood, no longer fretting about the ill treatment he’s received from the Republicans. (Hat tip: Catttt.)

UPDATE at 10/7/06 9:32:08 pm:

There is also a version of this photo posted at iStockPhoto that has been photoshopped to remove the badge, so it’s possible that the DNC didn’t do the alteration themselves, but went searching for a photo of a soldier looking grim and seized on this one without noticing (or apparently, caring) that it wasn’t a US soldier.

UPDATE at 10/7/06 10:10:18 pm:

Florida Cracker makes a similar observation:

LGF is claiming a Democratic photoshop on the cap insignia, but iStock’s photo is without it. Never ascribe to malice what can be explained by incompetence (as I need to keep telling my own self). They went for a free iStock photo of a soldier, and had no clue what an American one looked like.
UPDATE at 10/8/06 8:55:38 am:

I believe the badge was probably removed before uploading to iStockPhoto because they have a policy of not accepting photos with trademarks or identifying marks, which they specifically define to include military decorations.

UPDATE at 10/8/06 9:24:13 am:

Just received this email from the photographer of this image:

Hi,

Some of you asked me about the photo in question. I am the one who took these pictures. So to clarify some things:

I am selling my photos at Istockphoto.com which is by the way a nice and affordable site for buying photographs.

So the Democratic Party should have bought the photo on this site. Yes, he is a canadian soldier. Now, Istockphoto doesn’t accept photographs wich contain certain copyrighted elements like brand names, insignia, etc. Therefore I myself got rid of the insignia on the soldiers cap when I put it on for sale.

Regarding the second photo, on which the same soldier is smiling , the insignia is there on the cap, but if you zoom on it, you will see that it is blurred out, so copyrighted elements are not visible. Again I did that myself because of the above mentioned reason.

I hope this clarifies some things,

Best regards,
Arpad Benedek

And please, if you use my photos, buy them at Istockphoto.com They are copyrighted.​

Thanks for the note, Arpad. (And I did indeed purchase the smiling soldier photo above.)

But doesn't mean that the DNC will:

http://www.democrats.org/a/communities/veterans_and_military_families/

What else is new? Democrats and liberals trash our military 364 days of the year.

Then, on Memorial Day, they make a token tribute.

And by the way, how come this little debacle isn't on the front page the New York Times? [slaps forehead] Oh, I forgot. It's the DNC, not the RNC.

more:

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/

October 08, 2006
DNC Still Can't Find An American Soldier To Support

The Democratic Party website has been changed since the discovery that they used a picture of a Canadian soldier on the page that proclaimed their support for "our troops". Apparently, though, they still can't find a picture of an American soldier to support:

dncflag.jpg

Does anyone at the DNC know what an American soldier looks like? They accuse the Republicans of hiding behind the flag all too often. This appears to be a much more blatant example than anything I've seen from the GOP.
Posted by Captain Ed at 01:02 PM

I have no doubt that the DNC found plenty of of US soldiers they could support if they wanted to...suspect however, they could not find any US soldiers that support the DNC!

I have no doubt that the DNC found plenty of of US soldiers they could support if they wanted to...suspect however, they could not find any US soldiers that support the DNC!

I thought that same thought.......

Sad isn't it.....

Forum List

Back