Disco music makes huge comeback ! D.J.'s are now millionairs$! Is Rock music Dead?

Evidently you people have never heard of Alternative rock....or new rock....

All of that would be classified under the genre of Rock and Roll music, I think. And it is not the best selling. Rap and Hip Hop are biggest sellers.
Not in my house...

I don't buy that kind of music either. My favorite kind of music for listening is classic rock.
I already have the albums.......but I tend to listen to new rock, since I have heard the classical stuff for 40 years....

I prefer progressive death metal, death metal, black metal, melodic death and symphonic metal... (also gangsta rap and drum&bass lol)

I used to listen to alternative stuff like nu metal, but once I discovered the more epic forms of metal, my tastes had permanently evolved. Additionally, genres like punk rock and emo just never appealed to me. At all.

Everyone already knows you have terrible taste in music. :D
Yes, those vocalist of death metal seem to have no ability to enunciate words and every damn one sounds the same....

:cheeky-smiley-018: I agree. It's awful. Some of them can play, but I just don't like that kind of music. I like singing, not growling. :D I like some heavy metal, like Metallica (which some people wouldn't even consider to be real metal), but no death metal for me! Lol.

All of that would be classified under the genre of Rock and Roll music, I think. And it is not the best selling. Rap and Hip Hop are biggest sellers.
Not in my house...

I don't buy that kind of music either. My favorite kind of music for listening is classic rock.
I already have the albums.......but I tend to listen to new rock, since I have heard the classical stuff for 40 years....

A lot of the grunge rock from the early 90s was really, really good, that's kind of what I grew up with.

Not in my house...

A lot of the grunge rock from the early 90s was really, really good, that's kind of what I grew up with.
That's when I started listening to the new rock.....

Yes, those vocalist of death metal seem to have no ability to enunciate words and every damn one sounds the same....

But what else do you expect a true goddess to listen to, anyway?

satan_love_me-s640x479-213930.jpg

Not in my house...

That's when I started listening to the new rock.....

It was WAY better than glam rock! :lol:

Me too, I also like some opera being I studied it for a year in college as part of my major in theater,,performance, I was stuck with Down In the Valley...

I'm not familiar with artists who do opera or classical music, but there is some that I've heard that I liked.

I like Moonlight Sonata. :D This is just one movement. The whole thing is like 15 or 20 minutes long. Really beautiful though.

What I like about Opeth (a prog death metal band) is their tendency to mix death growls and singing, masterful guitar work and awesome guitar solos. One second the riffs are brutal as Hell with crazy ass death growls, next second it gets all heavenly with acoustics and singing. Reminds me of balance. Good and evil. Light and dark. Order and Chaos. Heaven and Hell. Sunrise and Sunset. Eclipses. It also reminds me of epic times out in the AZ and NV deserts.

A perfect example

What I like about Opeth (a prog death metal band) is their tendency to mix death growls and singing, masterful guitar work and awesome guitar solos. One second the riffs are brutal as Hell with crazy ass death growls, next second it gets all heavenly with acoustics and singing. Reminds me balance. Good and evil. Light and dark. Order and Chaos. Heaven and Hell. Sunrise, sunset, and eclipses. It also reminds me of epic times out in the AZ and NV deserts.

A perfect example

If it was an instrumental, I wouldn't mind it all. It's the "singing" that gets to me. :D The music is actually not too bad.

Me too, I also like some opera being I studied it for a year in college as part of my major in theater,,performance, I was stuck with Down In the Valley...

I'm not familiar with artists who do opera or classical music, but there is some that I've heard that I liked.

I like Moonlight Sonata. :D This is just one movement. The whole thing is like 15 or 20 minutes long. Really beautiful though.

It depends if it is baroque...enlighten, revolutionary, romantic or modern....

I don't know anything about that. :lol: I really don't know too much about classical music. I just know what I like when I hear it.

I don't know anything about that. :lol: I really don't know too much about classical music. I just know what I like when I hear it.

I was a liberal arts bohemian....

Forum List

Back