Detroit Piston Bob Lanier, an 8-time NBA All-Star & a Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Famer, though he never won a championship, has died at 73

also played for the Bucks at the end of his career. one of the greats who never won a championship, along with Reggie Miller and others

This is before my time. The first Piston I remember was Kelly Tripucka. God he sucked. LOL

1652284322408.png

Tripucka was selected 12th overall by the Detroit Pistons in the 1981 NBA draft.

Lanier was the first overall pick by the National Basketball Association's Detroit Pistons in the 1970 NBA draft.

Lanier was gone by the time I started paying attention to basketball. What got me into basketball? Magic and Larry.

• Banned
This is before my time. The first Piston I remember was Kelly Tripucka. God he sucked. LOL

View attachment 643186
Tripucka was selected 12th overall by the Detroit Pistons in the 1981 NBA draft.

Lanier was the first overall pick by the National Basketball Association's Detroit Pistons in the 1970 NBA draft.

Lanier was gone by the time I started paying attention to basketball. What got me into basketball? Magic and Larry.
i've never liked a single Detroit Piston, they way they play basketball i mean, but i do enjoy the "bad boy" personalities of Laimbeer, Rodman, Isaiah, and Later Sheed

i've never liked a single Detroit Piston, they way they play basketball i mean, but i do enjoy the "bad boy" personalities of Laimbeer, Rodman, Isaiah, and Later Sheed
Wait, so you liked their personalities but not the way they played the game? The way they played was sort of the same as their personalities.

You liked Sheed's personality but not how he played?

They were telling a story about Lambeer today. Someone punched his lights out. Today's players would get mad and want to fight back or they'd have to leave the game. When he came to all he wanted to know was did the guy get thrown out of the game? LOL. Sally was telling the story. Only 1 of 2 guys to win championships in 3 decades. 80's, 90's and 2000's. Tim Duncan also did that. No one else.

You didn't like Chauncey Billips, Rip Hamilton and Tayshawn Prince? Ben Wallace?

• Banned
Wait, so you liked their personalities but not the way they played the game? The way they played was sort of the same as their personalities.

You liked Sheed's personality but not how he played?

They were telling a story about Lambeer today. Someone punched his lights out. Today's players would get mad and want to fight back or they'd have to leave the game. When he came to all he wanted to know was did the guy get thrown out of the game? LOL. Sally was telling the story. Only 1 of 2 guys to win championships in 3 decades. 80's, 90's and 2000's. Tim Duncan also did that. No one else.

You didn't like Chauncey Billips, Rip Hamilton and Tayshawn Prince? Ben Wallace?
yea i like high-scoring basketball, not defensive grind-out games, but i appreciate the
80's Pistons' bad boy attitude in complaining to the refs and playing mind games in interviews and walking out and not congratulating the bulls and stuff like that

yea i like high-scoring basketball, not defensive grind-out games, but i appreciate the
80's Pistons' bad boy attitude in complaining to the refs and playing mind games in interviews and walking out and not congratulating the bulls and stuff like that
I didn't like that about them. Isaih ruined his reputation by doing that. Then didn't he also spread a rumor Magic Johnson was gay? That's not cool. LOL.

Dennis Rodman was the best at doing what you are talking about. Remember he kicked a reporter on the sidelines? He was truly crazy. Just like Meta World Piece.

• Banned
I didn't like that about them. Isaih ruined his reputation by doing that. Then didn't he also spread a rumor Magic Johnson was gay? That's not cool. LOL.

Dennis Rodman was the best at doing what you are talking about. Remember he kicked a reporter on the sidelines? He was truly crazy. Just like Meta World Piece.
yea i'm a bad boy myself, though not like Rodman, i have my own style lol

View attachment 643186

I went to a Laker Detroit game and watch Lanier and Chamberlain go at it. And epic display of big men. They each had over 30 points and 30 rebounds. Incredible feet and both had big feet. Especially Lanier. The biggest ever. I don't even know if Shaq's feet were bigger.

I went to a Laker Detroit game and watch Lanier and Chamberlain go at it. And epic display of big men. They each had over 30 points and 30 rebounds. Incredible feet and both had big feet. Especially Lanier. The biggest ever. I don't even know if Shaq's feet were bigger.
I was in LA once and saw Kobe and Shaq play. Who the hell were they playing. I forget. I'm just glad I got to watch a game in the Staples Center before they changed the name to Crypto Arena.

My greek grandmother was a big basketball fan. Don't ask. Couldn't speak English but you don't have to understand English to understand basketball right? She loved Duke and of course the Heat because she lived in Florida. Anyways, she came to visit us in Detroit in 2004. I took her to watch a Piston game. What was cool about that is that is the year they won a championship. So after she watched that game live, which she probably never had done before, she got to see that team win a championship. Probably made it a little more special for her because she got to see them play live.

I was in LA once and saw Kobe and Shaq play. Who the hell were they playing. I forget. I'm just glad I got to watch a game in the Staples Center before they changed the name to Crypto Arena.

My greek grandmother was a big basketball fan. Don't ask. Couldn't speak English but you don't have to understand English to understand basketball right? She loved Duke and of course the Heat because she lived in Florida. Anyways, she came to visit us in Detroit in 2004. I took her to watch a Piston game. What was cool about that is that is the year they won a championship. So after she watched that game live, which she probably never had done before, she got to see that team win a championship. Probably made it a little more special for her because she got to see them play live.
With Crypto doing so poorly lately, Staples will have to buy the stadium back :spinner:

With Crypto doing so poorly lately, Staples will have to buy the stadium back :spinner:
I have an investment. It went from $40K to $60K and the other day I saw it was $41K. If/When it ever goes back to $60K, I'm going to sell. I knew this would happen. Up $10K, down $10K. I asked him why we weren't selling and he said it was long term investment. Fuck that. I made $20K in a very short amount of time. I should have sold. Then waited till after Putin invaded Ukraine and purchased again, LOW.

Forum List

Back