DeSantis...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
I attended the Heroes Honor Festival at the Daytona Int'l Speedway today. It was the brainchild of a guy named Ben Peterson, an Army Veteran who was welcomed home by about 100 Vietnam Vets when he returned from Iraq. He says it was then that he had the idea to give those Vietnam Vets the warm welcome home they never received. There were about 35,000 people in attendance, and speakers included people like Lieutenant General (Ret.) Jerry Boykin (former Delta Force Commander), Medal of Honor recipient Major General (Ret.) Patrick Brady, Lieutenant Colonel (Ret.) Oliver North and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.

If the crowd in Daytona serves as any barometer, Ron DeSantis is going to be a formidable opponent for anyone running against him. I've got about 1,200 photos to cull through, but I wanted to share this one which was taken as the crowd started chanting "Let's go Brandon!". It was pretty funny...

hhf01.jpg

DeSantis is the nice fighter. Trump is the obnoxious fighter.

DeSantis will likely not suffer from dementia. Trump is at the age where that becomes an issue.

DeSantis has been a great Governor for the Free State of Florida. We didn’t suffer through all the mask mandates and lockdowns many blue states did During the COVID-19 mess. He also stands up for our children and protects them from liberal groomers.

I will vote for either Trump or DeSantis or hold my nose and vote for any other Repubican except Mitt Romney. I refuse to vote for any Democrat at the state or national levels.

He is in his home state of Florida, in front of a crowd that is 90% conservative, of course he is going to get a lot of applause. He also will cower before Trump like every other Republican in the United States.

If Trump wants to run, then any other politician who has embraced Trumpism, like DeSantis most definitely has, will not challenge their leader. That's how cults of personality work.

He is in his home state of Florida, in front of a crowd that is 90% conservative, of course he is going to get a lot of applause. He also will cower before Trump like every other Republican in the United States.

If Trump wants to run, then any other politician who has embraced Trumpism, like DeSantis most definitely has, will not challenge their leader. That's how cults of personality work.
Well, having heard his speech, I would have to say it sounded a Helluva' lot like a speech someone would give out on the campaign trail. If he'd have followed it up with "I'm running for President in 2024" it wouldn't have surprised me in the least...

DeSantis is a good guy for sure and Vietnam Vets got a raw deal. Unfortunately the draft dodgers are in power in politics and the media today. Democrats might pay lip service to Veterans but you get the feeling they aren't serious.

Forum List

Back