DeSantis Tests the Antiwar Waters for Support.

You are the one supporting the proxy war.
Im supporting the people of Ukraine, meanwhile you merely pretended to support them but in reality you think their suffering is none of your business.

DeSantis desperately needs a big boost right about now, as Trump goes on a mission to destory him.

Has DeSantis grabbed the attention of Americans with this gambit that will put the bone in his teeth first?

Or will Trump turn to supporting America's war and roll over DeSantis in a hurry?

DeSantis doesn't need to do anything more than what he's already doing. If follows Trump into the mud, he'll just get muddy. Those of us who like DeSantis over Trump, do so (at least one reason) because he's drama free. Strictly business. And doing the right things.

I'm glad he changed his position on Ukraine/Russia. That's what good politicians do. Learn something new and it changes your mind.
It's like learning the earth is round.

Support for Ukraine is dwindling among most Americans.
Not really.

Just amongst a subset of Republicans - the metaphorical descendants of the myopic and foolhardy American Isolationists of the late 1930s.

In this respect, Trump is to Putin and Ukraine what Lindbergh was to Hitler and the Sudetenland.

This is like Czechoslovakia in 1938.

The aggressor can be stopped now along the frontier, or later, at vastly greater expense - and that future struggle would have an uncertain outcome.

Appeasement does not work.

Abandonment of support for valiant resistance against barbaric aggressors does not work.

Stay the course.

Last edited:
Not really.

Just amongst a subset of Republicans - the metaphorical descendants of the Isolationists of the late 1930s.

This is like Czechoslovakia in 1938.

The aggressor can be stopped now along the frontier, or later, at vastly greater expense.

Appeasement does not work.

Abandonment of support for valiant resistors against barbaric aggressors does not work.

Stay the course.
Unlike you most Americans want peace. The warmonger mentality got us involved in Vietnam and Iraq.

It's funny to watch rightwingers act like a Hippy Drum Circle.

Rather than admit Trump was an idiot for enabling Putin as long as he did.
I'm not a right-winger. I was against the invasion of Iraq when Bush was President.

Unlike you most Americans want peace. The warmonger mentality got us involved in Vietnam and Iraq.
Both Vietnam and Iraq are a lot further away from Europe (and Western civilization) than Ukraine.

And your "most Americans" conjured-up "majority" is not reflected by repeated polling over the past several months.

It could be most Americans but that has to be qualified with the fact that many Americans are imagining now that this war could come home to effect them and their families too.

That was supposed to be defused by the propaganda that said that Russia was nothing but a small defeated country equivalent to a gas station.

That's o.k!
Antiwar motives need not be questioned. This war between Russia and America can only escalate if warnings aren't heeded.

The Ukraine is a defeated nation that no longer exists, but make no mistake. America's cause of defeating Russia is not going away. It's a do or die situation now for America.

It's defeat of Russia this time or it's defeat of Russia and China later.

I'm not a right-winger. I was against the invasion of Iraq when Bush was President.

Then you should be against Putin's invasion of Ukraine on the same principle, if you weren't a sad Trump cultist.

We aren't doing the fighting, the Ukrainians are. They are defending their own country, and unlike Iraq, it was a government they chose to have that wasn't bothering anyone.

Forum List

Back