Dems Killed my favorite cigar shop

I went to restock and imagine my surprise when the man told me he no longer carried cigars...wtf?

Obama imposed a 31% tax and now NYS, another blue state hellhole, increased the licensing fee from $100/year to between 900 to 2,700.

""Id have to sell $5/cigars for between 8 to 9, so instead, I'm closing for now"

Thank you Democrats for killing yet another small business

Also, you tobacco Nazis should get cryptosporidium in your tofu.

No one stops selling something because of a tax they have to collect. Your guy isn't selling cigars because he doesn't want to spend the money to buy them..... which has NOTHING to do with what you're taxed.

And you can complain all you want, but something had to pay for SCHIP to get kids health coverage.

See what happens when you folk don't want to control insurance companies. :eusa_whistle:

Fucking Barry out of some money is my number-one reason for quitting smoking. I'm saving it in a mason jar specifically to give to whoever runs against his stupid ass. :eusa_angel:
Got another jar just like it waiting to help defeat my fascist Senator.

Guess you libs need to take up the slack and get on down to the tobacco store.
It's for the c-h-i-l-d-r-e-n doncha know.

Last edited:
No one stops selling something because of a tax they have to collect. Your guy isn't selling cigars because he doesn't want to spend the money to buy them..... which has NOTHING to do with what you're taxed.

And you can complain all you want, but something had to pay for SCHIP to get kids health coverage.

See what happens when you folk don't want to control insurance companies. :eusa_whistle:

Hey, dipshit... he said licensing fee. And since you seem so challenged at the elementary principles of making a dollar, anything that adds to costs, adds to price.

Try to follow along.

He didn't say his PROFITS were cut. If he added the amount of the tax, his PROFITS don't change.

Elementary business 101. Thanks for playing. Calling me names really makes you look like you know something.....

NOT. :cuckoo:

Jillian, your ignorance of fundamental economics is breathtaking.

How much volume do you supposed he'd have to do just to make up for the increase in fees from $100 to 1,000 annually?

Solve for X

A man sells 2,000 $5 cigars for $10,000 worth of cigars annually

Current NYS cigar tax is 20% of wholesale price (I know, and they complain about insurance company profits). Ignoring other costs (Liberals never care about the costs others must bear) his wholesale cost is 7400 and the state tax is 1500 (I said Libs were funny about complaining about price gouging, right?), federal cigar tax is 100.

Federal Tax is 5 cents per cigar

His profits are $1,000

Along come Fucking retards at the federal and state government.

They increase his license fee from $100 to $1,000 dollar,
AND they increase the federal tax from 5 cents to 40 cents
AND the state increases the tax from 20% to 37%

With these facts, please answer the following:

Why do people vote for Democrats?

Hey, dipshit... he said licensing fee. And since you seem so challenged at the elementary principles of making a dollar, anything that adds to costs, adds to price.

Try to follow along.

He didn't say his PROFITS were cut. If he added the amount of the tax, his PROFITS don't change.

Elementary business 101. Thanks for playing. Calling me names really makes you look like you know something.....

How much volume do you supposed he'd have to do just to make up for the increase in fees from $100 to 1,000 annually?

Solve for X

Current NYS cigar tax is 20% of wholesale price (I know, and they complain about insurance company profits). Ignoring other costs (Liberals never care about the costs others must bear) his wholesale cost is 7400 and the state tax is 1500 (I said Libs were funny about complaining about price gouging, right?), federal cigar tax is 100.

His profits are $1,000

The better question is, if you hate paying such high taxes, why do you live in NY?

Lets see, a product that is designed to addict you and causes major health problems.

The medical system is FORCED to treat people in distress yet is not assured they will be paid.

You CHOOSE to partake in behavior that is not in anyones best interests yet complain when the society at large places into the cost of the item the cost of the item the costs to the society.

Man up and pay your fair share for the cost of your actions.

Last edited:

Solve for X

His profits are $1,000

The better question is, if you hate paying such high taxes, why do you live in NY?

Just talking to the wife about a few things including a) moving and b) buying an AK-47.

We're packing our oldest off to Grad School in Italy for a year and the youngest has been 4.0 since he transferred back East and is a year from graduating.

Also, because of the quirky way I made income, I paid more in state taxes than I did in Federal, plus my property taxes exceed what my wife and I paid for our UES 2 BR apartment when we first met.

So yes, we will be moving out of this Blue state hell hole where my vote is canceled by the non-living.

Lets see, a product that is designed to addict you and causes major health problems.

The medical system is FORCED to treat people in distress yet is not assured they will be paid.

You CHOOSE to partake in behavior that is not in anyones best interests yet complain when the society at large places into the cost of the item the cost of the item the costs to the society.

Can't wait until the low fat milk and ice cream police knock down your door

Can't wait until the low fat milk and ice cream police knock down your door

Do you really think a foodsource is the same as an addictive and harmful habit?

The FEDS impose a 31% increase on tobacco?

Are you sure about that?

I'm guessing it was a STATE tax increase.

Utter bullshit. Smokers actually SAVE the government 32 cents per pack...
However, a study conducted by Vanderbilt University economist Kip Viscusi found that every pack of cigarettes smoked by U.S. residents results in net cost reduction of 32 cents for the country. In addition, a Dutch study published last year in the journal Public Library of Science Medicine found that health care costs for smokers were around $326,000 from age 20 and older, compared with about $417,000 for healthy people, because the latter group lives much longer.

(more...)
CDC Study Looks At How Smoking Affects Costs For Entitlement Programs

What's more... the thieving bastards who CLAIM that the taxes are taken to offset the alleged cost of smokers... invariably spend the money funding something else.

I went to restock and imagine my surprise when the man told me he no longer carried cigars...wtf?

Obama imposed a 31% tax and now NYS, another blue state hellhole, increased the licensing fee from $100/year to between 900 to 2,700.

""Id have to sell $5/cigars for between 8 to 9, so instead, I'm closing for now"

Thank you Democrats for killing yet another small business

Also, you tobacco Nazis should get cryptosporidium in your tofu.

and there you have it in a nut shell.......there is a need .....i know lets make someone else pay for it.....there must be a law....

i have a question....if kids need health care why don't they tax toys and kids shit to pay for kids prorgrams.....

or can we pass a law to tax kids shit to pay for my cigar subsidy?

Anyway, what idiot pays for something with a tax on something they want you to stop buying?

Under SCHIP, large cigars will be taxed at 52.75 percent, with a cap of 40.26 cents per cigar.
Stogie News: Massive Cigar Tax Increase Hits Today

Hey if the guy wants to increase the price by 3-4$ to account for a $0.4026 tax thats his stupid idea.

Yes as a business man he is allowed to rip his customers as much as he wants to.
It is his freedom.

Under SCHIP, large cigars will be taxed at 52.75 percent, with a cap of 40.26 cents per cigar.
Stogie News: Massive Cigar Tax Increase Hits Today

Hey if the guy wants to increase the price by 3-4$ to account for a $0.4026 tax thats his stupid idea.

Yes as a business man he is allowed to rip his customers as much as he wants to.
It is his freedom.

Just like Circle K.

I remember before the tax increase on smokes they had petitions against the tax increase you could sign in their stores. Of course, what they fail to tell you is that they can't wait for the tax increase, because somehow a tax increase of what, 50 cents, turned into a price hike of 4 dollars for at least a couple months.

Forum List

Back