Dems concentrate attacks on Romney

Yup.

Did you see Axelrod talking up Newt and slam Romney on Meet the Press this weekend?

Not a coincidence.
Exactly. From what I understand Karl Rove is also actively working to discredit Newt. :lol: Romney is the establishment candidate and that is who the establishment want.

Romney is who the millionaires and billionaires like a lot too...:eusa_whistle:

Representin' the 1%!

Yup.

Did you see Axelrod talking up Newt and slam Romney on Meet the Press this weekend?

Not a coincidence.
Exactly. From what I understand Karl Rove is also actively working to discredit Newt. :lol: Romney is the establishment candidate and that is who the establishment want.

Part of me wants Newt to win just for the entertainment value.

:lol: Be afraid, be very afraid! ^

RomneyBelieveInAmerica.jpg

Romney must fail......Romney must fail

Go Newt!

No serious democratic politician in the last thirty or so years makes race, ethnicity or religion an issue. And since Romney is not going around saying he was "chosen by god" to run..there's nothing to see here. He doesn't and hasn't said his faith is a factor in determining policy.

Ampad workers? Yep..and that's a winner too.

Where did I say Obama was going to do that? Obama doesn't have to do that.

His pals in the Mainstream Media will do that. They'll pepper us with "Boy, Mormons sure are strange" stories. Again- AFTER Romney secures the nomination.

Imagine the contrast. The first black president vs. a guy who belongs to a church that calls dark skin a curse from God, and didn't admit black folks as members until 1978.

No serious democratic politician in the last thirty or so years makes race, ethnicity or religion an issue. And since Romney is not going around saying he was "chosen by god" to run..there's nothing to see here. He doesn't and hasn't said his faith is a factor in determining policy.

His pals in the Mainstream Media will do that. They'll pepper us with "Boy, Mormons sure are strange" stories. Again- AFTER Romney secures the nomination.

Imagine the contrast. The first black president vs. a guy who belongs to a church that calls dark skin a curse from God, and didn't admit black folks as members until 1978.

The Mormon religion is not Mitt Romney and Mitt Romney does not personally represent the Mormon religion. As the president of the United States of America, for all practical purposes, his religion would remain a non issue.

Way to write the race baiting narrative, though... :thup:

The Mormon religion is not Mitt Romney and Mitt Romney does not personally represent the Mormon religion. As the president of the United States of America, for all practical purposes, his religion would remain a non issue.

That wouldn't work. Mostly because it's blatantly false. They'd look like fools.

Of course they're trying to slam Romney now. They want Newt to win the nomination 'cause Obama would then win the independent vote and hence the election.

Duh.

Evangelicals hate Mormons. Most liberals aren't evangelicals.

Fail.

Fail.

Except there are alot of progressives that hate religion period.

Fail.[/QUOTE]

I've already posted this a bunch of times. Anti-Mormon hatred is actually GREATER amongst Democrats. Overall, 22% of Americans will not vote for a Latter Day Zombie. But while that number is only 18% for Republicans, it is 27% for Democrats.

In U.S., 22% Are Hesitant to Support a Mormon in 2012

But I'm sure you'll forget it again.

I'm an atheist, and I hate Mormons more than the evangelicals do....

As a practical matter, this isn't the issue, though. Democrats are unlikely to vote for the GOP nominee regardless who it is. I'm more concerned with the 18% of Republcians and 19% of independents who won't vote for a Mormon.

And those are the ones willing to admit it to a pollster.

Fail.

Except there are alot of progressives that hate religion period.
Yes....but they don't single out one religion for ridicule, like JoeB does.

I fail to see the distinction, actually. Romney is a Mormon Bishop and Elder. His family is an old Mormon Clan. His great Grandfather fled to Mexico so he could keep practicing Polygamy after the Church agreed to ban it (Officially).

And frankly, given that the Mormon Church calls for the establishment of God's Kingdom on Earth, would you really trust that? I wouldn't.

Fail.

I've already posted this a bunch of times. Anti-Mormon hatred is actually GREATER amongst Democrats. Overall, 22% of Americans will not vote for a Latter Day Zombie. But while that number is only 18% for Republicans, it is 27% for Democrats.

In U.S., 22% Are Hesitant to Support a Mormon in 2012

But I'm sure you'll forget it again.

I'm an atheist, and I hate Mormons more than the evangelicals do....

As a practical matter, this isn't the issue, though. Democrats are unlikely to vote for the GOP nominee regardless who it is. I'm more concerned with the 18% of Republcians and 19% of independents who won't vote for a Mormon.

And those are the ones willing to admit it to a pollster.[/QUOTE]How many of those democrats are southern baptists?

Yes....but they don't single out one religion for ridicule, like JoeB does.

Before you blurt out stupid stuff, go ahead and read my stuff in the "Religion and Ethics" threads.

The Mormons aren't the only victims of my ridicule and scorn. I go after Evangelicals, Catholics and Muslims as well.

Mormons, though are an easier target because their religion is just plain ridiculous.

It's Scientology plus 150 years.

Yup.

Not a coincidence.

Part of me wants Newt to win just for the entertainment value.

Newt is a ticking time bomb

The intellectual in him just can't keep his mouth shut. He will self destruct

How many of those democrats are southern baptists?

Why is that a relevent issue?

If you click on the link, they DID break it down by religion.

16% of Catholics won't vote for one.
23% of Protestants
22% of NON-Christians.

Now, there is a long standing hatred between the SBC and LDS. Absolutely. BUt just a good reason why the GOP shouldn't nominate this fool. (Actually, there are tons of good ones that have nothing to do with his religion.)

Really? How?

Seriously, what is this guy going to possibly say that hasn't offended certain people more than they are already offended?

You need to get out of your little box, guy. The only people offended by what Newt says are people who aren't going to vote Republican if we nominated the most liberal RINO we could find.

If you are an independent who hasn't been able to find a job in two years because the idiot in the White House is scaring business too bad, you aren't going to give a crap about anything Newt says.

Really? How?

Seriously, what is this guy going to possibly say that hasn't offended certain people more than they are already offended?

You need to get out of your little box, guy. The only people offended by what Newt says are people who aren't going to vote Republican if we nominated the most liberal RINO we could find.

If you are an independent who hasn't been able to find a job in two years t the idiot in the White House is scaring business too bad, you aren't going to give a crap about anything Newt says.

Guess what?

Newt is going to have to convince RINOs, moderates and independents that he is not aligned with the extreme wing of his party and that he can be trusted te the presidency of the United States.

The far right wing is aligning itself with the 1% of the country and telling that unemployed worker that he is lazy and responsible for his own plight in life.

Newt is a loose cannon and cannot help but alienate the voting block that he needs to be elected

Guess what?

Newt is going to have to convince RINOs, moderates and independents that he is not aligned with the extreme wing of his party and that he can be trusted te the presidency of the United States.

NO, actually, he really doesn't.

All he has to do is ask the Reagan Question.

"Are you better off than you were four years ago?"

Because you all said the same shit about Reagan in 1980 and how he was too "extreme" and "right wing" and even claimed he was going to blow up the world.

ANd guess what.

We aren't better off than we were four years ago.

Forum List

Back