Democrats Introduce Bill That Would Force Homeowners and Renters to Disclose Number of Firearms to Insurance Companies, Government

My son has been a firefighter in a rural county for over 20 years and when they hear the ammo popping, they quickly walk away from the burning structure.

Wrong.
The shell casing is far lighter than the lead, and the lead will melt before the primer will ignite.
So there is zero risk from ammo cooking off.
Try it.
Throw some ammo in a camp fire.
There is no danger.
You will find both the melted lead and brass only a foot apart or so.
Nothing will go flying.

Insurance companies would require you to disclose it if they so wished and if you didn't they simply wouldn't pay out if there was a claim involving a gun incident that wasn't disclosed to them. If they actually wanted this.

No, this is about trying to expose people who own guns but don't tell anyone and financially burden them for owning guns. This is two steps away from telling people they need to pay annual federal taxes on each gun they own and thus putting everyone on a list in order to tax them out of gun ownership.

If our society would simply take criminals, dopeheads and crazy people, treat them like what are and remove them from society then we wouldn't have any gun issues. No decent, moral or law abiding citizen has broke the law with a gun.

This is a step in the right direction.

As I've advocated for years now, I believe we can flood the country w/guns

However
, require Training, Registration and Insurance.

This is one of the three.

Good stuff!

While I can not fault your intentions, I think you are wrong.

As far as training, that should be universal.
Everyone should know basic gun safety, if for no other reason than they may find one dropped on the street.
So there should be no list or costs involved.

All insurance should be illegal.
Insurance is an unethical monopoly that violates all normal business practices.
That is because they force you to prepay, which illegally denies you any control over quality or costs.
For example, in the US, those without insurance cannot even get a doctor to schedule an appointment, and everything medical in the US costs over twice what it should or other countries charge.

As far as registration, the government is actually our biggest threat.
Worse than simple criminals.
And all governments in all of history have all gone bad and need to be defeated every 500 years or so.
The US government is and almost always has been awful.
The treaty violations and Indian wars were awful.
The Mexican wars, Spanish American war, Moro Rebellion, WWI, Korea War, Vietnam, Panama, Grenada, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, the Ukraine, Syria, etc. were awful.
Prohibition, the war on drugs, high fed income tax, etc. are all blatantly illegal.

So, then no, government involvement in firearms is not good.
The real problems are not reduced, but instead increased by government involvement in guns.
Only the honest people are affected by gun laws.
That is the opposite of what should be.

While I can not fault your intentions, I think you are wrong.

As far as training, that should be universal.
Everyone should know basic gun safety, if for no other reason than they may find one dropped on the street.
So there should be no list or costs involved.

All insurance should be illegal.
Insurance is an unethical monopoly that violates all normal business practices.
That is because they force you to prepay, which illegally denies you any control over quality or costs.
For example, in the US, those without insurance cannot even get a doctor to schedule an appointment, and everything medical in the US costs over twice what it should or other countries charge.

As far as registration, the government is actually our biggest threat.
Worse than simple criminals.
And all governments in all of history have all gone bad and need to be defeated every 500 years or so.
The US government is and almost always has been awful.
The treaty violations and Indian wars were awful.
The Mexican wars, Spanish American war, Moro Rebellion, WWI, Korea War, Vietnam, Panama, Grenada, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, the Ukraine, Syria, etc. were awful.
Prohibition, the war on drugs, high fed income tax, etc. are all blatantly illegal.

So, then no, government involvement in firearms is not good.
The real problems are not reduced, but instead increased by government involvement in guns.
Only the honest people are affected by gun laws.
That is the opposite of what should be.
You're advocating for an abolition of insurance in general.

Although I understand your rationale, I disagree b/c insurance is needed.

It just needs to be regulated to be fair.

As w/anything done for commerce, aka business aka making money, the incintive and goal to make money is corrupting and the consumers would always end up w/the dirty end of the stick.

So we need to get a better grip on insuance companies w/bad practicies.

Registrations are necessary, just like the car industry. We can track back when things go south.

You're advocating for an abolition of insurance in general.

Although I understand your rationale, I disagree b/c insurance is needed.

It just needs to be regulated to be fair.

As w/anything done for commerce, aka business aka making money, the incintive and goal to make money is corrupting and the consumers would always end up w/the dirty end of the stick.

So we need to get a better grip on insuance companies w/bad practicies.

Registrations are necessary, just like the car industry. We can track back when things go south.
Registrations are not needed. Guns typically are registered, but it isn't the governments business what we own. After all, one of the reasons we have the right to own firearms is to protect us from the government. So a huge conflict of interest.

Forum List

Back