Democrats IMPLODING: Senator Joe Manchin says HE COULD SWITCH TO GOP if Senator Thune were the leader and not McConnell

PinktheFloyd88

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2021
Dallas

Manchin Suggested He Could Defect to GOP

April 28, 2022 at 7:34 am EDT By Taegan Goddard 82 Comments

Another nugget from [new book] This Will Not Pass, via CNN: Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) told Sen. John Thune (R-SD) early last year that he’d switch parties if Thune were the Republican leader instead of Mitch McConnell (R-KY).

The Democrats have a tiny 51-50 majority in the Senate Seat, with VP Harris as the TIEBREAKER when necessary. If Manchin switched sides to GOP, this would spell DOOM for the Democrats in the Senate - and would usher in an era of GOP rule. What are your thoughts on Manchin DEFECTING to become a GOPer?

The Democrats have a tiny 51-50 majority in the Senate Seat, with VP Harris as the TIEBREAKER when necessary. If Manchin switched sides to GOP, this would spell DOOM for the Democrats in the Senate - and would usher in an era of GOP rule. What are your thoughts on Manchin DEFECTING to become a GOPer?
Yea, Right...

Manchin playing a nice game... He picks a moderate GOP and says if he is charge he would consider swapping... He is just boosting a moderate GOP rather than another Trump cult member..

The RNC/GOP does not need anymore RINO's in its ranks.

How would that play in WV?
WV went for Trump in a massive way and I'm not sure why Manchin was elected as a Democrat, anyway. I'll say this for him... IF the country survives for a history to be written, he and Sinema will be seen as heroes who stood against the tyranny of an out-of-control Democrat party. If they'd dumped the filibuster and run with the electoral changes they want, it would have led to the dissolution of our nation and potentially to civil war.

No one with a brain cell is a Democrat today.

The Democratic party is corrupt in every way that matters. Morally, ethically, politically, financially.

EVERYONE in the Democratic party should defect. Leave the leadership in charge of nothing.

I think that's a good trade. Thune for McConnell as leader and Manchin switches to the GOP.
I wasn't sure who would replace McConnell anyway, now we know.

Dream on Orange butt lickers.

Manchin responds to this. “John Thune is the most decent human being, a good friend of mine. But no, they know where I'm at. And Mitch McConnell knows he's tried everything humanly possible. The bottom line is I am a West Virginia Democrat," he said, per

Just to be that person.......the Senate is 50-50. Actually 48-2-50 with Harris being the tie breaker.

Forum List

Back