Democrat party driving gun crime rates...the Denver edition....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
So....instead of going strict on gun criminals...Denver is going the other way...finding ways to be lenient with young gun criminals...the ones causing the rise in gun crime...in gun controlled Denver....

Democrat mayors since 1963

Denver's "gun court" wouldn't punish teen gun crimes as strictly

The people planning this initiative are dancing around the risk of saying precisely what they’re talking about here.

But the truth is obvious and has been for a while. Denver is dealing with an escalating gang violence problem.

The Denver Post published a deep dive on the subject last October. In addition to the usual gangs engaged in illegal drug and weapons sales, the city is dealing with a new breed of so-called “hybrid gangs.” These groups form in schools and detention centers, are generally small in terms of the number of members and frequently engage in gun violence to control turf. They are also frequently not tied to any particular neighborhood and roam across the city.

So what is this new “gun court” going to do to deal with this plague? They’re going to focus on “family interventions, gun education, counseling and community resources.” Their overarching goal is to “prevent young people charged with gun possession from escalating to more serious crimes and empower them to make better life choices.”

Last edited:
Denver....they preached gun control....against normal people.....and yet teen gangs are shooting at each other....

I do believe that it is against the law for teenagers to buy, own or carry guns......I wonder why the gun control laws aren't stopping them.

I believe daryl hunt has explained that the gun control laws in Denver are working........as with so many topics...he is completely wrong...

Gun violence killing increasing number of teens in Colorado

In 2018 and the first eight and a half months of 2019, 15 teenagers and children have been shot and killed in Denver — more than in the previous three years combined. Even as the number of homicides in Denver grew over the past four years, so has the proportion of victims ages 19 and younger, Denver Post analysis shows.

The deadly trend is also reflected in statewide data. The number of people 17 years old and younger killed by guns in Colorado has trended upward since 2014, when six kids in that age range were victims of murder by gun. In 2018, 12 young people were killed.
-----

The number of youths killed by guns so far this year already exceeds the number killed each year in 2017, 2016 and 2015. And, with four months left 2019, the number shot to death is coming close to the 2018 total.
----------

Data also shows that the impacts of gun violence are felt almost entirely by black and Latino youths.

Sixty-three of the 67 teenagers and kids who have been shot and wounded in Denver from Jan. 1, 2018, through August of this year were black or Latino.

:113: Make me laugh harder

Clearly whatever we are doing in regards to gun control isn’t enough. We need tighter limits on who can buy guns while preserving the rights for those who are responsible enough to own deadly weapons.

Clearly whatever we are doing in regards to gun control isn’t enough. We need tighter limits on who can buy guns while preserving the rights for those who are responsible enough to own deadly weapons.

No, moron....we need the democrats to stop releasing violent, repeat gun offenders. No new gun laws are needed......again, stop the democrats from releasing gun offenders and the problem is reduced 95%.....

Moron......the individuals doing the shooting in Denver? Are teenagers....you idiot....they can't buy, own or carry guns......and Denver is a gun control heaven...

My brother lives in Denver. I was curious about Voodoo donuts, and it was so scary around the store my nephew was afraid. Homeless people got aggressive.

Colorado was a red state. Then the Progs ran away from their high tax states to repeat the process. To you Progs, see why we have an electoral college process? A few counties in many of these states control the whole state in elections. Also, the nine smallest states land wise have practically all Federal Prog Senators and Representatives. 18 Senators just from them. See how this is? And how the Repubs are behind the 8 ball before elections even begin.

Forum List

Back