democracy will flounder when people in different parties, regions, religions & races think of each other as ‘the other’ rather than common US citizens

that quote was by Dwight David Eisenhower, well Trump divided us into red and blue, immigrant and non-immigrant, muslim and christian, and now our democracy is hanging by a thread, also largely thanks to Trump

Fascism has a very powerful way of uniting a downtrodden people.
Those who oppose Trump now will be swept up in the promises of ta fascist leader.

For much too long the working class American has been denied a piece of the American pie, when it was so obviious that there was enough pie to go around for all.

America is following the blueprint of fascism in history's examples.
If the big defeat for democracy comes as expected now in the elections, there will be no possible routes open for their return.

{
On the causes of and solutions to America’s racial divide, black and white views are, to quote a recent Pew finding, "worlds apart." Seventy percent of African-Americans believe that racial discrimination is a major reason why blacks have a harder time getting ahead compared to just 36 percent of white Americans. The groups are divided by a margin of over 40 percentage points on the question of whether blacks are treated less fairly in the workplace and when applying for loans and mortgages. And while 88 percent of African-Americans believe the change is necessary to make equal rights a reality, just over half of white Americans feel the same.

Why, in such a divided country, did Obama choose to inject race, and in such a provocative way?

Perhaps Obama’s views have evolved over the past decade. It’s worth noting that while only 30 percent of African-Americans today believe that the Congressional Black Caucus has been very effective, Obama made no mention of the group’s rather unimpressive standing. Judging by his recent appearance, whatever discomfort he felt with the Congressional Black Caucus as a senator has apparently dissipated.

Either way, Obama, at the Congressional Black Caucus, exploited the double standard he was supposed to end. He did so because he understands that no matter how explicitly he appeals to black voters on the basis of their alleged group interests, it would be unthinkable for his Republican counterparts to play by the same rules. Republican candidates, Tea Party activists, and Trump supporters, he knows, are routinely smeared for alleged “dog whistles” far more subtle in their appeals.}

Trump didn't divide us, you idiot.
Trump certainly divided America.

But the huge loss for the D party will be accepted by those who resist and then Trump will unite Americans of all stripes and colours.

If anybody is going to resist the rise of fascism then they had better do it now, no matter that it's likely too late.

If a certain group did not have such a disproportionate percentage of violent and just plain unpleasant people, this country would not be having its current problems.

In my opinion, that group is never going to change.

In fact, after reparations are mailed out, their attitude & behavior may become even worse than it is today.

I do not judge them.

They are what they are.

As we all are.

In my opinion, some groups simply are not destined to get along. The cultural differences are too wide to ever successfully bridge.

that quote was by Dwight David Eisenhower, well Trump divided us into red and blue, immigrant and non-immigrant, muslim and christian, and now our democracy is hanging by a thread, also largely thanks to Trump

While Trump had many faults, he did not divide us. The divisions you mentioned, state color, residency status and religious affiliation are inventions of the media with the left jumping on to try and divide the country. Biden, the great uniter, says all fault lays with those that disagree with him. I would say that does more to divide us than anything a previous president every said.

{
On the causes of and solutions to America’s racial divide, black and white views are, to quote a recent Pew finding, "worlds apart." Seventy percent of African-Americans believe that racial discrimination is a major reason why blacks have a harder time getting ahead compared to just 36 percent of white Americans. The groups are divided by a margin of over 40 percentage points on the question of whether blacks are treated less fairly in the workplace and when applying for loans and mortgages. And while 88 percent of African-Americans believe the change is necessary to make equal rights a reality, just over half of white Americans feel the same.

Why, in such a divided country, did Obama choose to inject race, and in such a provocative way?

Perhaps Obama’s views have evolved over the past decade. It’s worth noting that while only 30 percent of African-Americans today believe that the Congressional Black Caucus has been very effective, Obama made no mention of the group’s rather unimpressive standing. Judging by his recent appearance, whatever discomfort he felt with the Congressional Black Caucus as a senator has apparently dissipated.

Either way, Obama, at the Congressional Black Caucus, exploited the double standard he was supposed to end. He did so because he understands that no matter how explicitly he appeals to black voters on the basis of their alleged group interests, it would be unthinkable for his Republican counterparts to play by the same rules. Republican candidates, Tea Party activists, and Trump supporters, he knows, are routinely smeared for alleged “dog whistles” far more subtle in their appeals.}

The blacks will just have to bite the bullet, but will do so willingly as fascism will unite the people regardless of politics or skin colour. And regardless of how fascism will make it even worse for non-whites.

Blacks will turn on blacks in the rush to unite and to start prospering as will be promised.

Then later the blacks (jews) will realize that they have no friends.

If a certain group did not have such a disproportionate percentage of violent and just plain unpleasant people, this country would not be having its current problems.

In my opinion, that group is never going to change.

In fact, after reparations are mailed out, their attitude & behavior may become even worse than it is today.

I do not judge them.

They are what they are.

As we all are.

In my opinion, some groups simply are not destined to get along. The cultural differences are too wide to ever successfully bridge.
You're making excuses for what you subconsciously understand is coming. That's about the best that can be expected until national pride as a democratic American has to be abandoned in favour of the fascist regime's appeal.

But the huge loss for the D party will be accepted by those who resist and then Trump will unite Americans of all stripes and colours.

If anybody is going to resist the rise of fascism then they had better do it now, no matter that it's likely too late.
how would you know?? you dont even live here,,

how would you know?? you dont even live here,,
In fact I know more than any American who would be so naive to think that Trump didn't divide your country.

But then that was then and if the D party is almost totally defeated, Trump will step up to reunite the country, more thoroughly than World War 2 united.

The democratic resistance will shrink to the teens or even single digits and will be forced to go underground.

The point I can make is, I can speak of the possibilities from the outside, while an American has patriotic ideals that prevent him from clearly seeing the obvious rise of fascism.

In fact I know more than any American who would be so naive to think that Trump didn't divide your country.

But then that was then and if the D party is almost totally defeated, Trump will step up to reunite the country, more thoroughly than World War 2 united.

The democratic resistance will shrink to the teens or even single digits and will be forced to go underground.

The point I can make is, I can speak of the possibilities from the outside, while an American has patriotic ideals that prevent him from clearly seeing the obvious rise of fascism.
hate to break it to you but this country has been divided for decades,,,

now go suck a moose cock and keep your nose out of our business,,,

That link only errs in not understanding that fascism needs the two years after a large defeat of democracy, to enable the fascist leader's rise in popularity so there can be no resistance of any importance when it's time for his election.

And then of course, the election need not have any credibility except for what is pro-fascism.

No, he didn't.

Trump is incapable of uniting anyone.

Or dividing them, for that matter.

That's why we're here. To ixnay the Stalinist asswipes who call themselves Democrats.

hate to break it to you but this country has been divided for decades,,,
Yes, of course and in much the same way that 1930's Germany was divided, raging, and searching for leadership that could unite the people. Then, as is now in America, the people found a leader under which they could unite!
now go suck a moose cock and keep your nose out of our business,,,
That is expected when the conscious mind begins to see the obvious on what Trump is causing to happen.

Forum List

Back