Dem and Rep. introduce Bills so no member of congress can own or trade stocks. True Reform or pie in the sky?

It would be interesting if it ever made it to the floor in either house of congress for debate....For once I might watch CSPAN. ;)
~~~~~~
Indeed, both sides of Congress and the Senate will fight this tooth and nail and that includes term limits.
This is something that every citizen should fight for. Elected representatives of government should not be allowed to profit from their positions nor should they be allowed to remain longer than two terms.

Last edited:
~~~~~~
Indeed, both sides of Congress and the Senate will fit tis tooth and nail and that includes term limits.
This is something that every citizen should fight for. Elected representatives of government should not be allowed to profit from their positions nor should they be allowed to remain longer than two terms.
I always figured two terms (12 years) in the Senate and four terms (8 years) in the House would be optimal.

~~~~~~
Indeed, both sides of Congress and the Senate will fight this tooth and nail and that includes term limits.

There will be nothing to fight as it never comes to the floor for a vote.

We fight for it come election day and what we do is vote for allowing it to continue.

I don't care if they own stocks, but they should be in a blind trust, where others direct any trading, and politicians can't benefit from any special knowledge they might have.

It's been pointed out that even a blind trust wouldn't prevent them from knowing what stocks they owned, at least at the beginning. That wouldn't prevent them from voting on legislation that would benefit the stocks they already owned.

It's been pointed out that even a blind trust wouldn't prevent them from knowing what stocks they owned, at least at the beginning. That wouldn't prevent them from voting on legislation that would benefit the stocks they already owned.
Well, another solution is for the politician to sell their investments (real estate, stocks, private holdings), and put all their money into an index fund and/or bonds.

I don't care if they own stocks, but they should be in a blind trust, where others direct any trading, and politicians can't benefit from any special knowledge they might have.
Did you clear that response with Nancy and Joey?

Forum List

Back