Debate #1 -- Clinton v Trump --- 2016 -- OFFICIAL THREAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My prediction is trump insults hillary so bad in the second debate, he takes a huge hit for it and hillary skips debating the nut for a 3rd time and have him rant and rave like Hitler all the way to election day.
After the first debate, Trump admits he didn't go after her family. He will probably do so in the second debate in lieu of actually debating anything of any importance. I think in the second debate, Donald is going to show America just how mentally unbalanced he really is.
Sure right after Hillary tried to shame him in the first debate.

You folks make me laugh
I'm sure Hillary would have no problem debating the issues with Trump. However, his inability to do so made it impossible. From almost the beginning of his campaign, he started launching personal attacks toward Hillary, leaders in his own party, Muslims, Hispanics, Blacks, Women, the disabled, every president back to LBJ, and a long list of public figures. People in this country want someone that will fight for them, not some blowhard that get's a perverse pleasure out of name calling and verbal jousting. This is not courage. This is a deep seated mental problem that can cause huge problems for the nation.

It's scary to know 45% of Americans want to blow up the current political and economic system we have going on. And it's not even the poor. It's the middle class tea baggers and libertarians.

So is it successful people or losers who want to blow up the status quo? It seems the people who want to blow up the status quo are not the people living in poverty.

I think the GOP are victims of their own rhetoric. They've been saying the sky is falling for so long that they can't admit that actually, things are looking pretty good right now.

But it's an election year so it's to be expected.
I agree, Trump supporters are not just the poor. I believe his support comes mostly from people that are strongly influenced by the media. If you were an ardent follower of the news media last summer, with all the forest fires and homes being burn, you might well conclude we're living a hell called global warming. Likewise if you paid attention to the news media last winter, you might well might conclude global warming is nonsense and we are going into an ice age. The news media not only exaggerates everything, but it repeats stories over, and over, and over which makes them even more important in the minds of viewers.

This over attention and exaggeration by the media and the media's ever increasing need to make stories more sensational, have convinced ten's of millions of voters that this country is going to the dogs. Politicians are all incompetent crooks or idiots, the government is hiding the truth about everything, and the condition of the American people is at an all time low. Of course this is nonsense, but millions believe it. These people are easy pickings for Trump because the media has already laid the groundwork. For people that take the news media with a grain of salt, Trump's claims seem silly.

I agree with everything you just said. I really do. In the “old days”, you had 3 channels, some independent channels on the UHF band on the TV and that was about it. At 6 and 10, the news came on and you would get a 30 minute dose of what happened in the nation that was wrong; i.e.. nobody cares when a dog bites a man; only when a man bites a dog does it make news. So the other 23 hours a day, you were not being bombarded with around the clock negativity.

Now you are. And the result is that the media has laid the groundwork for someone who says the same things. Just like you said.

But here is where I differ. There was no shortage of negativity from the right wing this year. What Trump did was entertain the masses. Lewis Black would have gotten the same number of votes. There are no intellectual defectors to Trump from other ideologies or philosophies. He energizes people by continuously telling them what they want to hear, validating their prejudices and ignorant hatreds, and, above all else, being funny in their eyes with school yard antics and jejune childlike policies that are destined to fail if anyone was foolish enough to ever try them.

After the first debate, Trump admits he didn't go after her family. He will probably do so in the second debate in lieu of actually debating anything of any importance. I think in the second debate, Donald is going to show America just how mentally unbalanced he really is.

You folks make me laugh
I'm sure Hillary would have no problem debating the issues with Trump. However, his inability to do so made it impossible. From almost the beginning of his campaign, he started launching personal attacks toward Hillary, leaders in his own party, Muslims, Hispanics, Blacks, Women, the disabled, every president back to LBJ, and a long list of public figures. People in this country want someone that will fight for them, not some blowhard that get's a perverse pleasure out of name calling and verbal jousting. This is not courage. This is a deep seated mental problem that can cause huge problems for the nation.

It's scary to know 45% of Americans want to blow up the current political and economic system we have going on. And it's not even the poor. It's the middle class tea baggers and libertarians.

So is it successful people or losers who want to blow up the status quo? It seems the people who want to blow up the status quo are not the people living in poverty.

I think the GOP are victims of their own rhetoric. They've been saying the sky is falling for so long that they can't admit that actually, things are looking pretty good right now.

I agree, Trump supporters are not just the poor. I believe his support comes mostly from people that are strongly influenced by the media. If you were an ardent follower of the news media last summer, with all the forest fires and homes being burn, you might well conclude we're living a hell called global warming. Likewise if you paid attention to the news media last winter, you might well might conclude global warming is nonsense and we are going into an ice age. The news media not only exaggerates everything, but it repeats stories over, and over, and over which makes them even more important in the minds of viewers.

This over attention and exaggeration by the media and the media's ever increasing need to make stories more sensational, have convinced ten's of millions of voters that this country is going to the dogs. Politicians are all incompetent crooks or idiots, the government is hiding the truth about everything, and the condition of the American people is at an all time low. Of course this is nonsense, but millions believe it. These people are easy pickings for Trump because the media has already laid the groundwork. For people that take the news media with a grain of salt, Trump's claims seem silly.
. This would work if the media had been for Trump all along, but it's been the opposite case where as the media, Hollywood & government has been in the tank for libs for way to long now in this country, and that is why we have gotten what we have gotten out of it all for way to long, and it hasn't been good.
We were talking about the baby boomers. It is them who fucked this country up. They got themselves high pay for low skill labor, affordable healthcare and college, pensions.

And now that they're all retiring, they want theirs but tell us we can't afford to continue this way. Because now they are the investor class not the labor force.

Fuck the baby boomers! Lol

The key word in your headline is "online". Anyone can vote in an online poll, and they can vote as many times as they want to, thereby making it less than accurate.

The real polls that are currently coming out are heavily in favor of Hillary.

But, if you want to take comfort in the online polls, go right ahead. Follow what they say and watch how badly Trump loses the general election in Nov.
and running a phone poll where 90% of the callers are democrat isn't scientific.
My prediction is trump insults hillary so bad in the second debate, he takes a huge hit for it and hillary skips debating the nut for a 3rd time and have him rant and rave like Hitler all the way to election day.

You folks make me laugh

:wtf:

Um ... personal attacks ... yeah ... Hillary's against that ...

The key word in your headline is "online". Anyone can vote in an online poll, and they can vote as many times as they want to, thereby making it less than accurate.

The real polls that are currently coming out are heavily in favor of Hillary.

But, if you want to take comfort in the online polls, go right ahead. Follow what they say and watch how badly Trump loses the general election in Nov.
and running a phone poll where 90% of the callers are democrat isn't scientific.

You folks make me laugh
right......Hilly started the baiting with a personal attack..geez when are you folks going to get a grasp on reality

You folks make me laugh
right......Hilly started the baiting with a personal attack..geez when are you folks going to get a grasp on reality
. Ohh they got a grasp on their twisted reality alright, it's just not the reality that a majority in this country would want their reality to be.

You folks make me laugh

Forever we will remember you were a trump supporter. You guys are pathetic

You folks make me laugh
. Ohh they got a grasp on their twisted reality alright, it's just not the reality that a majority in this country would want their reality to be.
You are the guys who won't leave the GOP no matter how bad it gets

You folks make me laugh

Forever you can remember me as someone who analyses a situation based on facts not supposition, conjecture or bullshit..

You folks make me laugh

I voted for Obama 2x and regret it. Hillary is not getting a chance from me.

You folks make me laugh

. This would work if the media had been for Trump all along, but it's been the opposite case where as the media, Hollywood & government has been in the tank for libs for way to long now in this country, and that is why we have gotten what we have gotten out of it all for way to long, and it hasn't been good.
You missed the point. TV networks are driven by ratings because ratings equate to revenue. Networks cover whatever will draw an audience and Trump is a big draw because he is not just news, he's entertainment. The news media exaggerates everything they cover just like Trump does. They look for sensationalism, not necessarily news. What was once good media coverage for Trump is no longer.

Trump owes his victory in the primaries to the media. He became a news and political sensation. He attacked any person, group or institution that would get him media attention. Well, he got the attention of the country and the nomination. Now people are looking at Trump not as a political sensation but a potential president and they're reacting differently than in the primaries.

With Trump blowing the 1st debate, attacking the former Miss Universe, and promising retaliation against Clinton's family, he has created a media firestorm but not the kind Trump wants to see. There is nothing the media can do to make this positive for Trump. He is literally destroying his chances of winning with his insane antics.

You folks make me laugh

Forever you can remember me as someone who analyses a situation based on facts not supposition, conjecture or bullshit..
Yea and you're the only one with this ability.

What a lame x men power to have.

I

You folks make me laugh

Because he got us out of the great recession and consumer confidence is up after 70 straight month of job growth?

Yea Romney or McCain would have been better

Because he got us out of the great recession and consumer confidence is up after 70 straight month of job growth?

He has done a deplorable job on the world stage. A weakling, a disgusting man.

You folks make me laugh

Yea and you're the only one with this ability.

What a lame x men power to have.

I
I never claimed I was.

You folks make me laugh

I agree with everything you just said. I really do. In the “old days”, you had 3 channels, some independent channels on the UHF band on the TV and that was about it. At 6 and 10, the news came on and you would get a 30 minute dose of what happened in the nation that was wrong; i.e.. nobody cares when a dog bites a man; only when a man bites a dog does it make news. So the other 23 hours a day, you were not being bombarded with around the clock negativity.

Now you are. And the result is that the media has laid the groundwork for someone who says the same things. Just like you said.

But here is where I differ. There was no shortage of negativity from the right wing this year. What Trump did was entertain the masses. Lewis Black would have gotten the same number of votes. There are no intellectual defectors to Trump from other ideologies or philosophies. He energizes people by continuously telling them what they want to hear, validating their prejudices and ignorant hatreds, and, above all else, being funny in their eyes with school yard antics and jejune childlike policies that are destined to fail if anyone was foolish enough to ever try them.
I think one of the major problems is not having a clear division between commentary and news. Some people just don't separate the two. There was a time when opinion and news was separated. Opinions were on the editorial page. TV news programs would make and announcement the following is opinion. Today we tend to merge the two together and leave it to the public to decide what is fact and what's opinion.

You folks make me laugh

. Nah where just deplorable, and dam proud of it... lol

. No one got us out of anything... The gig is up, then it's on to something else to make money or to invest in... No one is gonna kill their golden goose, and if they get close they will quickly give first aid to the goose (i.e. the economy). The politicians just ride the train until it slows, then they claim they helped turn it around when it was heading that direction any way.

I think John Oliver did a pretty good take on the difference between Donald vs. Hillary in his last show. They even uploaded the clip about Donald vs. Hillary online for others to take a look:

Bottom line for me: Yes, Hillary is bad, but Trump is so, so much worse.

There is something most people should remember though:
There are more choices than simply Hillary or Donald. While I wouldn't recommend Gary Johnson (I'd put him as 2nd worst, right after Trump), I personally support Jill Stein, of the Green Party. Yes, Jill's currently polling at just over %2, but if you can't stomach supporting the lesser of two evils, as Colbert so brilliantly put it, you can support her anyway. I like to think of it a bit like the film 300. They know they're not going to win, they just don't care; they're showing people the right thing to do, so that maybe next time, people will support the right candidates, instead of the wrong ones...

He has done a deplorable job on the world stage. A weakling, a disgusting man.
Really? Because if you ask the world I think they'd prefer Obama hillary over bush trump.

Except maybe Russia and our enemies. They want trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back