Deaths in vain

this is why bush is awful
He started a war and for what?
The majority of terrorists don't reside in afghanistan and none of the 9/11 hijackers were from there

just my two cents
I suppose you are fair, after all you warn everyone you are a classic liberal.
Even politicizing tragedy is about par for the course with classic liberals.

For the military there are no easy solutions.
For Obama he should either do what the military experts tell him or make a forceful decision of his own.
Harry Truman would have made the call by now.
Since he was a democrat, you can't even take liberal umbrage at my disparaging Obama in comparison to a Republican.

this is why bush is awful
He started a war and for what?
The majority of terrorists don't reside in afghanistan and none of the 9/11 hijackers were from there

just my two cents
I suppose you are fair, after all you warn everyone you are a classic liberal.
Even politicizing tragedy is about par for the course with classic liberals.

For the military there are no easy solutions.
For Obama he should either do what the military experts tell him or make a forceful decision of his own.
Harry Truman would have made the call by now.
Since he was a democrat, you can't even take liberal umbrage at my disparaging Obama in comparison to a Republican.

Just be grateful it was only his 'two cents worth'.... imagine what crap he'd come out with for a buck!

i seem to recall that after the us was hit....(for the sixth time in 8 years)....and it was determined that osama and his boys were responsible.....and that they were in afganistan....it was rather unanimous that we go get him.....and for 7 years we heard chants that we should not be in iraq but that we should be in afganistan.....i recall our current president said pretty much that while he campaigned......

now we are at a crossroads again....do we continue to spend money and lives to avenge the attack....killing osama will do nothing....there will still be terrorists that whish to kill people....we and all other non-terrorists nations will need to hunt them all down and kill them.....

i do not think america has the stomach for that...america is too soft and it will take too long.....

but to say these men and women died in vain....is sad....they fought to avenge an attack...several attacks actually .... to do anything other than praise them is sickening...

but to say these men and women died in vain....is sad....they fought to avenge an attack...several attacks actually .... to do anything other than prasie them is sickening...

Last edited:
My troops did not die in vain. Never has the youth of America failed to step forward where liberty was at stake, Even if that liberty was for someone else. You may call Afghanistan revenge, or you can call it justified. You can call it right or wrong. But never for a moment can you describe the sacrifice of American Service members as "in vain".

When a life is lost in service to the nation it is never in vain, whether our actions as a nation are seen as right or wrong those who put on the uniform of this nations military do so with a sense of pride and honor, question the politicians who choose to send them in harms way but do not question the duty our service personnel perform, because even in ill advised military action our people perform services that can serve to make a better world, and thats never in vain.

I agree with SFC Ollie. I don't think the troops died 'in vain', but the politicians responsible for the war ought to do some soli reflection when they consider how each number is a human life...:doubt:

I disagree. We leave, and they just pour right back in, detaching themselves from engaging the Pakistani's; who, will not pursue them over the border. A concerted effort by all countries involved to wipe them out is the only solution.

Everyone's to busy being concerned with their turf.

Gunny we cannot gaurd all of the worlds trouble spots into perpetuity. One..it is not our rsponsibility and secondly we cannot afford it unless we are willing to grind down our resources untill we are a third world country ourselves. We will have to pull out and prepare for strikes against training camps from drones with satalite surveillance and local paid informants.

Serious question: exactly how much experience of military tactics etc do you have?

I flew pot out of Colombia for several years and smuggled several years before that. Military experience on our side..none... Experience against military tactics..I would have to say yes. I know how clandestine operations work. I know you don't go hunting mosquitos with a sledge hammer. Terrorist organizations are very much like drug cartels.
I would say that I am an expert on how not to get caught running a clandestine operation...and conversly know how to take advantage of thier weaknesses. Of course this tidbit is wasted on you because I am stupid.

Gunny we cannot gaurd all of the worlds trouble spots into perpetuity. One..it is not our rsponsibility and secondly we cannot afford it unless we are willing to grind down our resources untill we are a third world country ourselves. We will have to pull out and prepare for strikes against training camps from drones with satalite surveillance and local paid informants.

Serious question: exactly how much experience of military tactics etc do you have?

I flew pot out of Colombia for several years and smuggled several years before that. Military experience on our side..none... Experience against military tactics..I would have to say yes. I know how clandestine operations work. I know you don't go hunting mosquitos with a sledge hammer. Terrorist organizations are very much like drug cartels.
I would say that I am an expert on how not to get caught running a clandestine operation...and conversly know how to take advantage of thier weaknesses. Of course this tidbit is wasted on you because I am stupid.

Oh God, another internet Bad ass. Must be hundreds of thousands of them.

Oh God, another internet Bad ass. Must be hundreds of thousands of them.

I anwered the question..I'm not here pretending I did something noble like you and dave.

I suppose retiring from the US Army is Noble. I never really thought about it. I am a retired E7, I have said very little about it beyond that. And I certainly do not brag about breaking the law.

Fucking drug dealers are less than scum anyway.

I suppose retiring from the US Army is Noble. I never really thought about it. I am a retired E7, I have said very little about it beyond that. And I certainly do not brag about breaking the law.

Fucking drug dealers are less than scum anyway.

You mean like Ollie North and Bush one? Ya ....fuckin scum bags!!!!!

Ha..ha...ha...ha...you fucking dolt...Our whole fucking history was built on breaking laws. How about those treaties with native americans when we didn't just steal the land? How'd that slavery thingy set with you? Oh I guess it isn't a crime when you murder innocent people in another country when you are just following orders. Fuck you and the tank you rode in on sparky. I sure have a lot less to appologize for than a tool like yourself.

I don't think I'll lower myself to the level you are trying to take this. Go thank a veteran. And please forget to vote.

Lower yourself to the level of a sitting vice president and his pentagon bag boy caught selling tons of cocaine so they could illegally buy and sell missles prohibited specifically by congress? Ya don't lower yourself asshat. Yo just go ahead on and scurry back to the bunker and try and figure out how you got so confused. You been playin toy soldier so long your brain has turned to mush and you can't see forest for trees anymore. All you have left is medals.. grim reminders of the hypocracy you bought into.

Before you start thinking You are better than I or I think I am better than you can we at least try to speak the truth? You don't need to put lipstick on it if it is honorable.

If you don't win the war, all your losses are in vain. Nam, Korea, Somalia, Lebanon, Iran, Irak, Afghanistan, all those soldiers died in vain because the people running the show (Prez, Chief of Military...) are idiots. You go into war and then don't use your best weapon, then lose the war without ever using your best weapon. YOU'RE A BUNCHA IDIOTS!

Well, to be frank, I simply do not know why this question is disrespectful to the troops in the field.

I think this question is one, which gives the biggest respect to any soldier.
You must be sure and convincing, that the lives of our sons and daughters are not risked for reasons which are neither not honorable, injust nor plain stupid.

My country - Germany - has troops in Afghanistan and I ask myself for what cause they are there. Our MOD then said, that "the liberty of Germany is defended at the Hindukush".

Is that so ? Why ?

What is the purpose of the Allied Forces in Afghanistan ?

To destroy terrorism ? But when will this be happened ? And how do you measure it ?

At the moment I only see NATO Forces doing one offensive after the other without any outcome.

Regards
the germanguy

Well, to be frank, I simply do not know why this question is disrespectful to the troops in the field.

I think this question is one, which gives the biggest respect to any soldier.
You must be sure and convincing, that the lives of our sons and daughters are not risked for reasons which are neither not honorable, injust nor plain stupid.

My country - Germany - has troops in Afghanistan and I ask myself for what cause they are there. Our MOD then said, that "the liberty of Germany is defended at the Hindukush".

Is that so ? Why ?

What is the purpose of the Allied Forces in Afghanistan ?

To destroy terrorism ? But when will this be happened ? And how do you measure it ?

At the moment I only see NATO Forces doing one offensive after the other without any outcome.

Regards
the germanguy

Spoken well. We as in probably every country have more pride than facts could support. The "good" soldier is needed in battle but not at the discussion. He will do anything his superiors will him to and that is a good thing when reason with our true enemies has failed.

I disagree. We leave, and they just pour right back in, detaching themselves from engaging the Pakistani's; who, will not pursue them over the border. A concerted effort by all countries involved to wipe them out is the only solution.

Everyone's to busy being concerned with their turf.

Why do I suspect you have none?

Huggy is not talking so much about "military tactics" as he is about the willingness that America will require in order to spend lives and national treasure on this war. Gunny is correct in his emphasis that a joint effort would be required. Does anybody have good data on Americans' willingness to sustain the effort required to achieve such a goal?

Loving you helpful 'input', Joke. It's nice to see that you're sitting in watch over the forum to provide input of absolutely no fucking substance whatsoever.

I would have thought that Huggy was capable of speaking for himself. Clearly, I was mistaken.

But I am sure that Gunny (who I suspect has forgotten more about military tactics, functions and operations than you have even thought about) will be relieved to know that he is right.

God's teeth, you are an ass.

My questions are legitmate, and your comments reveal your brainlessness.

Huggy is not talking so much about "military tactics" as he is about the willingness that America will require in order to spend lives and national treasure on this war. Gunny is correct in his emphasis that a joint effort would be required. Does anybody have good data on Americans' willingness to sustain the effort required to achieve such a goal?

Obviously our Commander in Chief has no willingness to continue the fight. Nor most of the left wing loons that support him. How about you?

Forum List

Back