DC Court of Appeals will revisit the decision to withdraw criminal charges against Michael Flynn

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
The D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals vacated the earlier decision in a brief order issued on Thursday, setting up a new round of arguments over the DOJ's controversial move to withdraw its case against Flynn.

In a 2-1 ruling last month, a three-judge panel on the circuit court ordered District Court Judge Emmet Sullivan to grant the DOJ's motion and suspend any further arguments on the move. Two Republican-appointed judges held the majority in the decision over a single Democrat-appointed judge's dissent.

By now everybody knows the history, right? So, the full DC CoA will keep this case alive, my guess is so if Biden is elected then his new DOJ will nail Flynn to the wall. I think they're trying to force Trump to pardon Flynn, hoping that will damage his re-election chances. No stone unturned for these guys, right or wrong and scrupulous or not.

I mean, I don't get it, the Judicial branch has no business questioning the Executive branch decisions to prosecute or not, it's called prosecutorial discretion. No judge gets to second guess that, the Constitution leaves that authority solely with the Executive.

Last edited:
Your reasoning is all sound and proper. But this is not about the Judicial branch overstepping it's authority
and making a mockery of legal precedent and propriety.

It's about what you already mentioned in your first sentence...it's about dragging this case out as long as possible in hopes Trump can be damaged. It's ruthless democrat hypocrisy and lies in action.

Forum List

Back