Darwin: Far From Science

In summary:

a. Darwin's theory is valuable to Marxists, Liberals, Leftists as a weapon against belief, religion, and morality.

b. Far from a 'fact,' the theory has no proof to its credit, and, in reality, there are many observations that run counter to the 'theory.'

c. There is no proof of Darwinian evolution...yet it is taught as though it is a proven fact.

QED....Darwin's theory is political, not scientific.
Bible literalists can not accept evolution since it provides an alternative to creationist dogma. They confuse, on purpose or by ignorance, evolution (theory in biology postulating that the various types of plants, animals, and other living things on Earth have their origin in other preexisting types and that the distinguishable differences are due to modifications in successive generations) with Darwin's theory of evolution by natural selection, first formulated in Darwin's book "On the Origin of Species" in 1859. Evolution is considered by science to be a fact proven by overwhelming evidence. Darwin's book postulates a simple mechanism for evolution that has been shown to be only partially true, the reality being much more complex.

4. Many of the stone-headed have been tricked into accepting Darwinism, and eschewing religion, which means eschewing morality and having to answer for one's deeds to some higher authority than the state.

What is glossed over is the most basic requirement of science: the conclusions of reproducible experimentation, known as 'The Scientific Method,' in order for a theory to be accepted.

There are two forms of such proof Darwin requires: paleological and laboratory experiments.

5. Darwin himself accepted this view, and was chagrinned that no such evidence existed.

" To the question why we do not find rich fossiliferous deposits belonging to these assumed earliest periods prior to the Cambrian system, I can give no satisfactory answer..... The case at present must remain inexplicable; and may be truly urged as a valid argument against the views here entertained. " Charles Darwin X. On the Imperfection of the Geological Record. On the Sudden Appearance of Groups of Allied Species in the Lowest Known Fossiliferous Strata. Darwin, Charles Robert. 1909-14. Origin of Species. The Harvard Classics

Uh, oh.

6. The fact that many organisms suddenly appear remains the fact to this day, over 150 years after Darwin admitted that this fact " may be truly urged as a valid argument against the views here entertained."

a. To give perspective, the Cambrian Explosion, in less than a 2 minute period out of a 24 hour day, in geological terms, with no transitional fossils preceding them in the fossil record, most of the major phyla presently on earth appear abruptly in the fossil record.

Darwin's theory requires a gradual series of alteration toward more complexity.

The fossil record proves this false.....yet many accept Darwinism as fact.

Go figure.
Go figure, yourself, you silly little bitch.

ediacaran_1.jpg

Ediacaran period
Known also as the Vendian, the Ediacaran was the final stage of Pre-Cambrian time. All life in the Ediacaran was soft-bodied - there were no bones, shells, teeth or other hard parts. As soft bodies don't fossilise very well, remains from this period are rare. The world's first ever burrowing animals evolved in the Ediacaran, though we don't know what they looked like. The only fossils that have been found are of the burrows themselves, not the creatures that made them. This period gets its name from the Ediacara Hills in Australia, where famous fossils of this age were found.

1. In order for communism, statism, collectivism, Liberalism, whatever, to succeed, religion and belief in God must be banished from the public consciousness.

Yawn ..... We applaud the progressive extension of the promises of the Declaration of Independence to more people, especially to women, African-Americans, religious minorities, and gay and lesbian people. Our greatest challenge today is to continue to extend the promise of political freedom and economic opportunity to those who are still denied it, in our own country and around the world."

Cato's Mission

Looks like you're lumping again.

"1. In order for communism, statism, collectivism, Liberalism,whatever, to succeed, religion and belief in God must be banished from the public consciousness."

True?

No. If you want to believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, Liberals have no problem with that, as long as you don't force your sauce, meatballs, and noodles on me.

I can always prove that Liberalism is a spin-off of Bolshevism.....but for today, the importance of Darwin to you Leftists.

Perhaps you wanna try....

The thread stated
a. In order for communism, statism, collectivism, Liberalism, whatever, to succeed, religion and belief in God must be banished from the public consciousness.
Then, quoted Lenin to document same.

b. The OP stated that there is life on earth, and pointed out that the Founder attributed same to the Creator.

c. I quoted the editor of Nature magazine, pointing out that human mental abilities differs from that of other organism.

d. I quoted Alfred Wallace, co-inventor of Darwinism, "physical characteristics," Wallace observes in this essay, "are not explicable on the theory of variation and survival of the fittest" -- the criteria of Darwinian natural selection.

e. Wallace labeled much of Darwin's theory as "evolutionary fantasy."

f. I stated that the above reveals the value of Darwin to Marxists, and the joy of Engels upon latching on to Darwin's theory.

g. the most basic requirement of science: the conclusions of reproducible experimentation, known as 'The Scientific Method,'

h. The fossil record should provide proof of the gradual progression toward diversity....but even Darwin admits that it doesn't: "I can give no satisfactory answer..... The case at present must remain inexplicable; and may be truly urged as a valid argument against the views here entertained."

i. ....many organisms suddenly appear remains the fact to this day.... with no transitional fossils preceding them in the fossil record, most of the major phyla presently on earth appear abruptly in the fossil record.

And...noted that scientific proof of Darwin's theory is the Litmus Test.

Now....was there any of the above that you are prepared to deny?
You can prove that you have your head firmly in your ass. All your fucking stupid cut and pastes prove is that you are too ignorant to post real science. And just stick your persnickity nose up in the air over my language. Your kind of willful ignorance deserves that kind of language, and a slap on your fat ass.

4. Many of the stone-headed have been tricked into accepting Darwinism, and eschewing religion, which means eschewing morality and having to answer for one's deeds to some higher authority than the state.

What is glossed over is the most basic requirement of science: the conclusions of reproducible experimentation, known as 'The Scientific Method,' in order for a theory to be accepted.

There are two forms of such proof Darwin requires: paleological and laboratory experiments.

5. Darwin himself accepted this view, and was chagrinned that no such evidence existed.

" To the question why we do not find rich fossiliferous deposits belonging to these assumed earliest periods prior to the Cambrian system, I can give no satisfactory answer..... The case at present must remain inexplicable; and may be truly urged as a valid argument against the views here entertained. " Charles Darwin X. On the Imperfection of the Geological Record. On the Sudden Appearance of Groups of Allied Species in the Lowest Known Fossiliferous Strata. Darwin, Charles Robert. 1909-14. Origin of Species. The Harvard Classics

Uh, oh.

6. The fact that many organisms suddenly appear remains the fact to this day, over 150 years after Darwin admitted that this fact " may be truly urged as a valid argument against the views here entertained."

a. To give perspective, the Cambrian Explosion, in less than a 2 minute period out of a 24 hour day, in geological terms, with no transitional fossils preceding them in the fossil record, most of the major phyla presently on earth appear abruptly in the fossil record.

Darwin's theory requires a gradual series of alteration toward more complexity.

The fossil record proves this false.....yet many accept Darwinism as fact.

Go figure.
Go figure, yourself, you silly little bitch.

ediacaran_1.jpg

Ediacaran period
Known also as the Vendian, the Ediacaran was the final stage of Pre-Cambrian time. All life in the Ediacaran was soft-bodied - there were no bones, shells, teeth or other hard parts. As soft bodies don't fossilise very well, remains from this period are rare. The world's first ever burrowing animals evolved in the Ediacaran, though we don't know what they looked like. The only fossils that have been found are of the burrows themselves, not the creatures that made them. This period gets its name from the Ediacara Hills in Australia, where famous fossils of this age were found.

Watch your language...you're not talking to your family.

In summary:

a. Darwin's theory is valuable to Marxists, Liberals, Leftists as a weapon against belief, religion, and morality.

b. Far from a 'fact,' the theory has no proof to its credit, and, in reality, there are many observations that run counter to the 'theory.'

c. There is no proof of Darwinian evolution...yet it is taught as though it is a proven fact.

QED....Darwin's theory is political, not scientific.
Bible literalists can not accept evolution since it provides an alternative to creationist dogma. They confuse, on purpose or by ignorance, evolution (theory in biology postulating that the various types of plants, animals, and other living things on Earth have their origin in other preexisting types and that the distinguishable differences are due to modifications in successive generations) with Darwin's theory of evolution by natural selection, first formulated in Darwin's book "On the Origin of Species" in 1859. Evolution is considered by science to be a fact proven by overwhelming evidence. Darwin's book postulates a simple mechanism for evolution that has been shown to be only partially true, the reality being much more complex.

"Bible literalists can not accept evolution....."

The discussion is not about 'evolution.'

It is about Darwinian Evolution.

Too nuanced for you?

1. In order for communism, statism, collectivism, Liberalism, whatever, to succeed, religion and belief in God must be banished from the public consciousness.

Yawn ..... We applaud the progressive extension of the promises of the Declaration of Independence to more people, especially to women, African-Americans, religious minorities, and gay and lesbian people. Our greatest challenge today is to continue to extend the promise of political freedom and economic opportunity to those who are still denied it, in our own country and around the world."

Cato's Mission

Looks like you're lumping again.

"1. In order for communism, statism, collectivism, Liberalism,whatever, to succeed, religion and belief in God must be banished from the public consciousness."

True?

No. If you want to believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, Liberals have no problem with that, as long as you don't force your sauce, meatballs, and noodles on me.

I can always prove that Liberalism is a spin-off of Bolshevism.....but for today, the importance of Darwin to you Leftists.

Perhaps you wanna try....

The thread stated
a. In order for communism, statism, collectivism, Liberalism, whatever, to succeed, religion and belief in God must be banished from the public consciousness.

b. The OP stated that there is life on earth, and pointed out that the Founder attributed same to the Creator.

c. I quoted the editor of Nature magazine, pointing out that human mental abilities differs from that of other organism.

d. I quoted Alfred Wallace, co-inventor of Darwinism, "physical characteristics," Wallace observes in this essay, "are not explicable on the theory of variation and survival of the fittest" -- the criteria of Darwinian natural selection.

f. I stated that the above reveals the value of Darwin to Marxists, and the joy of Engels upon latching on to Darwin's theory.

g. the most basic requirement of science: the conclusions of reproducible experimentation, known as 'The Scientific Method,'

h. The fossil record should provide proof of the gradual progression toward diversity....but even Darwin admits that it doesn't: "I can give no satisfactory answer..... The case at present must remain inexplicable; and may be truly urged as a valid argument against the views here entertained."

i. ....many organisms suddenly appear remains the fact to this day.... with no transitional fossils preceding them in the fossil record, most of the major phyla presently on earth appear abruptly in the fossil record.

Now....was there any of the above that you are prepared to deny?
You can prove that you have your head firmly in your ass. All your fucking stupid cut and pastes prove is that you are too ignorant to post real science. And just stick your persnickity nose up in the air over my language. Your kind of willful ignorance deserves that kind of language, and a slap on your fat ass.

When you realized that you could not refute a single thing in my thesis, you do what every Liberal does.....

...default to vulgarity.

Wanna try again?

The thread stated

j. ...even one animal species into a different species has never been directly observed either in the laboratory or in the field."

k. ...we have witnessed no new species emerge in the wild in recorded history. Also, most remarkably, we have seen no new animal species emerge in domestic breeding.
That includes no new species of fruitflies in hundreds of millions of generations in fruitfly studies,...

Now....was there any of the above that a moron like you is prepared to deny?

Speak up, moron!!!

I do so love watching the fool's blood boil until it vaporized into a fine, red, mist.

Too nuanced for you?
Apparently so. Maybe you could explain the difference? Are we talking about the current state of scientific knowledge or are we taking a stroll 100+ years into the past to critique the work of a famous scientist who, everyone admits, got some things wrong?

True or not none of these are branches of science and Lenin was no scientist.

You use a politician's view. A politician from over 200 years ago.
argumentum ad verecundiam. (Using an authority as evidence in your argument when the authority is not really an authority on the facts relevant to the argument)

Just about every living thing has abilities that differ from those of other organisms. And that is just what you'd expect from evolution since organisms would otherwise have to directly compete and one or the other would become extinct.

A scientist from 100+ years ago? Wallace had some personal issues with Darwin but he independently came up with essentially the same theory so whatever problems he had with Darwin were minor.

Yet on the major point of evolutionary decent from a common ancestor, he was in complete agreement.

So? A completely science-free statement. Humanists were quick to endorse Galileo and Copernicus while Religious authorities condemned them. We know who was right.

The Scientific Method has been applied to evolution many times and has always revealed the truth of it. The dating and examination of every fossil is a test of the theory.

Nothing in the theory requires that evolution be gradual.

The fossil record has only been read for less than 200 years. The earth is constantly destroying fossils. It is hardly surprising to learn it is incomplete.

j. ...even one animal species into a different species has never been directly observed either in the laboratory or in the field."
We never directly observed an atom. Do you doubt they exist? Why?

k. ...we have witnessed no new species emerge in the wild in recorded history. Also, most remarkably, we have seen no new animal species emerge in domestic breeding.
That includes no new species of fruitflies in hundreds of millions of generations in fruitfly studies,...
Recorded history is less than 5,000 years. Not many generations of humans in that time but I'd bet there are new species of virus (HIV?).
As for domestication, have we tried? What is the value of turning a cow into a dog?

I'm afraid it is your attack on Darwin that is pretty far from science.

Too nuanced for you?
Apparently so. Maybe you could explain the difference? Are we talking about the current state of scientific knowledge or are we taking a stroll 100+ years into the past to critique the work of a famous scientist who, everyone admits, got some things wrong?

Evolution is the idea.....not fact.....meant to explain the diversity of life on the planet.

Darwin's theory.....proven erroneous....is a political ploy by Leftists/Marxists/atheists meant to weaken the people's faith, and replace it with a bending of the knee and neck to the state.

Marx and Engels believed it could be used to pretend that science had explained the origins of life.

It is the outgrowth of the French Revolution.....

a. "If the French revolution was the end of monarchy and aristocratic privilege and the emergence of the common man and democratic rights, it was also the beginnings of modern totalitarian government and large-scale executions of "enemies of the People" by impersonal government entities (Robespierre's "Committee of Public Safety"). This legacy would not reach its fullest bloom until the tragic arrival of the German Nazis and Soviet and Chinese communists of the 20th century."
French Revolution - Robespierre, and the Legacy of the Reign of Terror

b. In this particular idea of the Enlightenment, the need to change human nature, and to eliminate customs and traditions, to remake established institutions, to do away with all inequalities in order to bring man closer to the state, which was the expression of the general will.
Talmon, “Origins of Totalitarian Democracy,” p. 3-7

Darwin's theory.....proven erroneous....is a political ploy by Leftists/Marxists/atheists meant to weaken the people's faith, and replace it with a bending of the knee and neck to the state.

Copernicus's theory was also proven erroneous, was it also a political ploy to weaken the peoples beliefs?

Copernicus's theory was also proven erroneous, was it also a political ploy to weaken the peoples beliefs?

As you agree that Darwin's theory has been proven erroneous.....

....why is it taught in schools as though it were a fact?

Answer: Leftists, who control the schools at every level, recognize it as a political ploy to weaken the people's faith.

Why is that important?

a. There is no God:
"This concept is an essential element of Marxism. As Lenin stated: "Atheism is a natural and inseparable portion of Marxism, of the theory and practice of Scientific Socialism." If God exists and is in supreme command of the universe, He possesses discretionary power, and His actions cannot always be calculated accurately in advance. The whole edifice of Marxism collapses.

When Marx and the Communists deny the existence of God, they simultaneously deny the authority of the Ten Commandments, the existence of absolute standards of right and wrong, of good and evil; and man is left on the playing fields of the universe without a referee, without a book of rules. The winning side in any conflict can decide on what rules of conduct to apply. Morality is the creation of the victor."The Schwarz Report | Essays

b. As one of his friends later recalled, "Vladimir Ilych Ulyanov (Lenin) had the courage to come out and say openly that famine would have numerous positive results...Famine, he explained....would bring about the next stage more rapidly, and usher in socialism, the stage that necessarily followed capitalism. Famine would also destroy faith, not only in the tsar, but in God, too." The Black Book of Communism, p.123-124.

c. Franklin Roosevelt:
"I would rather lose New Zealand, Australia or anything else than have the Russian front collapse."
Robert Dallek, "Franklin D. Roosevelt and American Foreign Policy, 1932-1945," p. 338.

Evolution is the idea.....not fact.....meant to explain the diversity of life on the planet.

An eclectic mix of science, politics, and theology. I'm still unclear on exactly what you mean by "Darwin's theory"?

An eclectic mix of science, politics, and theology. I'm still unclear on exactly what you mean by "Darwin's theory"?

My education is clearly greater in depth and breadth than yours....goes without saying.
It's the reason why you fall so short in your understanding of the world.

But...in light of your...shortcomings.....let's stick to this thread:

The thread stated

Now....was there any of the above that your are prepared to deny?

Too nuanced for you?

Marx and Engels believed it could be used to pretend that science had explained the origins of life.

a. "If the French revolution was the end of monarchy and aristocratic privilege and the emergence of the common man and democratic rights, it was also the beginnings of modern totalitarian government and large-scale executions of "enemies of the People" by impersonal government entities (Robespierre's "Committee of Public Safety"). This legacy would not reach its fullest bloom until the tragic arrival of the German Nazis and Soviet and Chinese communists of the 20th century."

b. In this particular idea of the Enlightenment, the need to change human nature, and to eliminate customs and traditions, to remake established institutions, to do away with all inequalities in order to bring man closer to the state, which was the expression of the general will.

Intelligent Design theory aka Creationism....proven erroneous....is a political ploy by Radical Islamic Terrorists/Rightists/Nazis/White Supremacists/Confederate Losers meant to weaken the people's knowledge, and replace it with a bending of the knee and neck to the state & money changers and seeks to install Sharia Law into the USofA under the new title of MAGA

Last edited:

Too nuanced for you?

Intelligent Design theory aka Creationism....proven erroneous....is a political ploy by Radical Islamic Terrorists/Rightists/Nazis/White Supremacists/Confederate Losers meant to weaken the people's knowledge, and replace it with a bending of the knee and neck to the state & money changers and seeks to install Sharia Law into the USofA.

Too nuanced for you?

Intelligent Design theory aka Creationism....proven erroneous....is a political ploy by Radical Islamic Terrorists/Rightists/Nazis/White Supremacists/Confederate Losers meant to weaken the people's knowledge, and replace it with a bending of the knee and neck to the state & money changers and seeks to install Sharia Law into the USofA.

The thread never mentioned "Intelligent Design theory aka Creationism.."

BTW...."Intelligent Design theory aka Creationism.."... has never been 'proven erroneous.'
Nor has either been claimed as a 'fact."

But.....the thread did state this:

Now....was there any of the above that your are prepared to deny?

You can run but your can't hide.
So saith the Brown Bomber.

My education is clearly greater in depth and breadth than yours....goes without saying.

I have plenty of shortcomings but at least I'm willing and able to explain the meaning of the terms I use. I'm beginning to think you have no idea what your term, "Darwin's theory", really means.

I have plenty of shortcomings but at least I'm willing and able to explain the meaning of the terms I use. I'm beginning to think you have no idea what your term, "Darwin's theory", really means.

1. So, based on your reticence, we can agree that all 11 items I stated are correct.

2.For purposes of clarity, this is Darwin's perspective, the pillars on which his thesis rests:

a. The universal common ancestry of all living things: all had a single common ancestor way back in the distant past..."all the organic beings that have ever lived on this earth have descended from some one [ONE SINGLE] primordial form" (Darwin, "On The Origin of Species," p.484.)

and this-
b. natural selection, the process that acted on random variations of the traits or features of organism and their offspring, retaining favorable adaptations.

If Darwin was correct, the geological stockpile should provide examples of organisms with a partial accumulation of said new traits and features, but not complete enough to have quite made it into the menagerie of life. Although they didn't produce new lines of living things, these 'attempts' would be, should be, preserved as fossils.

To save time and effort, although input from every perspective is desired, this discussion requires an understanding of terms such as Cambrian Explosion, fauna, and perhaps taxonomy. Here, see what I mean.....

3. "The Chengjiang fauna makes the Cambrian explosion more difficult to reconcile with the Darwinian view for yet another reason. The Chengjiang discoveries intensify the top-down pattern of appearances in which individual representatives of the higher taxonomic categories (phyla, subphyla, and classes) appear and only later diversify into the lower taxonomic categories (families, genera, and species).
Meyer, "Darwin's Doubt," p.74

The sudden appearance of complex organism.....followed by simpler.

So...you see, if Darwin were correct, the opposite would be true...and we'd find in Chengjiang, and in sites such as the Burgess Shale in Britain, simpler categories early and the more developed, later.

This is not the case.

a. " The Lower Cambrian sediments near Chengjiang have preserved fossils of such
excellent quality that soft tissues and organs, such as eyes, intestines, stomachs, digestive
glands, sensory organs, epidermis, bristles, mouths and nerves can be observed in detail.
Even fossilized embryos of sponges are present in the Precambrian strata near Chengjiang."
J.Y. Chen, C.W. Li, Paul Chien, G.Q. Zhou and Feng Gao, “Weng’an Biota—A Light Casting on the Precambrian World,” presented to: The Origin of Animal Body Plans and Their Fossil Records conference (Kunming, China, June 20-26, 1999). Sponsored by the Early Life Research Center and The Chinese Academy of Sciences.

So.....do we agree? Darwin is buried by Chengjiang!

As you agree that Darwin's theory has been proven erroneous.....

As with Copernicus and his basic premise that the earth is not the center of the universe, Darwin's basic theory still holds true that life has evolved over time. It was never about the origins of life but Origins of Species.

Forum List

Back