Dark Mode

I have a copy of the 400 page manual and access to the Xenforo forum. Even with 3 or 4 decades of programming and techy design skills -- I really wouldn't want to have Admin access to Xenforo. It was built as the solution to TOO MANY THINGS -- not just forum software. So tuning -- is a f-ing nightmare. And they CONTINUE to pile on features that a simple forum doesn't want or need. So "skinning it" for comfort aint as simple as other apps.
Hire a programmer. It's obvious that it's beyond the expertise of the current rift of morons running things.

I'm not sure but I think that might be the same thing as what some software I have calls "nighttime mode." It selects a different color palette for the various parts of the page which make it look better and more readable in very low light situations.
Yes. That is exactly what it is.

I'm not sure but I think that might be the same thing as what some software I have calls "nighttime mode." It selects a different color palette for the various parts of the page which make it look better and more readable in very low light situations.

Well, I found a "Dark Mode" at the Chrome store, that I use now to make my pages dark. But if there is a software I don't know about that can do the same thing, please let me know. Thanks!

I have a copy of the 400 page manual and access to the Xenforo forum. Even with 3 or 4 decades of programming and techy design skills -- I really wouldn't want to have Admin access to Xenforo. It was built as the solution to TOO MANY THINGS -- not just forum software. So tuning -- is a f-ing nightmare. And they CONTINUE to pile on features that a simple forum doesn't want or need. So "skinning it" for comfort aint as simple as other apps.
I am way more familiar with VB than XF.
The settings area of VB (at least 10 years ago) was pages long.
I think VB's biggest problem was, like Microsoft, they kept older features while changing/adding more. And more...
Eventually you start getting ghost in the machine.
Great example, we set up private forums. And these private forums we could appoint mods that only had "mod powers" in that specific thread. VB did an update, and unbeknownst to us - the private forum mods were granted mod access to the entire site. So they could now see the back boards. And you can imagine how they went.

Forum List

Back