Dante Calls Out the Toughest Conservative Out There: Clint Eastwood's Empty Chair

Yes, I voted for her and other Green Candidates. In Texas the electoral votes always go to the GOP so it gives me the room to use my vote to reward third-party candidates for making the efforts to campaign with innovative ideas the other parties need to hear.
This is one quirky advantage of the electoral system giving all votes to the majority party.

I would like to see a system of representation by Party to go along with the House and Senate. Since the First Lady is not an elected position, but still treated as a public figure who can influence party policy, maybe that position could be used to organize a nonprofit nongovernmental network of reps per State and per Party to address key issues to form a consensus on each (or at least write out an inclusive list of all grievances and differences per issue if these cannot be resolved) to feed to the formal House and Senate before making legislative reforms or proposals, so that any laws should reflect and include all interests equally and not just that of the majority party. If this could be set up, I would recommend the Green practice of consensus decision making to facilitate and filter all the input from different parties on different issues to feed to the other parties or Congress. Especially where parties disagree, at least delineating the reasons and limits each party stands for would help protect due process and equal representation regardless of beliefs.

She's a spunky little lady, I watched the 3rd party debates, I didn't vote for her though but I would have a drink with her. :cool:

I would love to create jobs for all the 3rd Party candidates, by incorporating paid internships for them in the campus plans for restoring my neighborhood as a national historic district and model for govt reform. They could each pick a program or a problem they want to prove they have a solution to, and demonstrate how to fund and manage it effectively as part of their campaign for a future office or job.

Meanwhile our friend Dante here, who judges people by failures, can join losing candidates for a beer so they can cry in their mugs when their trial and error projects don't work out. Boo hoo. Oh to be human and have to learn from experience. What a tragedy that this involves fumbling and bumbling in public, making mistakes and trying things that fail the first 999 times before you make a break through. That's a lot of beer to pay for, we'd have to film the candidates' projects as a reality show and sell ads to cover those costs! Why not just be magically perfect the first time, and every time, and not pull any Clint Eastwood's or Jill Stein's. Not in public. We can't have people judging us for being failures!

But thank Dante for people like Dante!
Otherwise, we'd have to rely on some made up God to judge us as failures based on "made-up religious morals"
when we can have friends like Dante to judge us by whatever "human empathetic instincts" determine failure instead!
Oh what joy to know we don't need religion when we have Dante, I'll drink to that!
Cheers!

Jill Stein has a charm to her for sure, honestly I remember when she got arrested for the chaining herself to a bulldozer thing and (this makes me smile as I type it) when she was debating Gary Johnson, he was real high strung in the last debate between them and she was real laid back, I kept thinking...she'd be fun to smoke a joint with or get drunk with she's an old school hippie who wants to recycle.:cool:

Dante is a true blue intellectual, I can't match his wit nor his intelligence on the vast subjects he knows. As far as judgment goes, the cerebral types separate emotion from intellect. Dante is more of an intellectual. ( side chair analysis over lol)

I follow more of a social constructionist point of view and because of that I look at the motives and acts for policy and not so much the intellectual design. :cool:

Can I come work for ya?:cool:

Jill Stein has a charm to her for sure, honestly I remember when she got arrested for the chaining herself to a bulldozer thing and (this makes me smile as I type it) when she was debating Gary Johnson, he was real high strung in the last debate between them and she was real laid back, I kept thinking...she'd be fun to smoke a joint with or get drunk with she's an old school hippie who wants to recycle.:cool:

Dante is a true blue intellectual, I can't match his wit nor his intelligence on the vast subjects he knows. As far as judgment goes, the cerebral types separate emotion from intellect. Dante is more of an intellectual. ( side chair analysis over lol)

I follow more of a social constructionist point of view and because of that I look at the motives and acts for policy and not so much the intellectual design. :cool:

By the time I set up shop, we may be printing alternative currency, such as assessing debts and damages to taxpayers for corporate abuse of govt resources to destroy historic and environmental sites, and issuing notes against those debts to fund the restoration and educational outreach work. Or if we can get Bill Gates to buy out these districts or projects then we can all barter and work for free in exchange for living like hippies off the land, with Occupy and Green members growing their own gardens and libertarians doing their thing.
We can secede that way and let everyone else have at it. Just buy out whole communities under nonprofits or schools and do all the same work we would normally do as a campus.

I haven't figured out where Dante is coming from yet.
It is easier to pinpoint where you are against something
than explaining what you are for.

When I attempt to throw out possible leads to find what area or topic to down,
I think Dante thinks I am trying to troll or spam or I am somehow
not trying to interact and get to a reasonable discussion or debate.

I keep getting "no wrong answer"
but not enough feedback to know where to go from there.

Oh well.

Thanks for replying, Drifter, and maybe I'll find a way to refine those points
so they don't sound "nuts".

Funny Dante thought I was a troll but who is the one not responding now?
??? Was it something I said?
Like nontheists can be included in Christian teachings of salvation because the natural laws are also governed by Justice which Jesus represents?
Was it a no-no for me to say that in public?

If I give up on humanity and secede from the planet, yes, you can come hang out so at least I won't be alone! I can pay you to cook and you can pay me to clean up, so we can hire each other back and forth to keep the unemployment rate down. On my little troll island in the middle of la-la-fantasy land
where all church-state issues can be resolved civilly but it gives everyone such a headache to work through the whole process to make peace with their most extreme opposites, they all find it easier post THEIR messages and run off and say I'm the one being a troll! World peace is faster that way!
The other way I offer is too much work, so it is easier for people to forgive and forget it, which then achieves the same end. So why not take the shortcut?

In the meantime, will need to practice how to dress like a gnome and live under a bridge, taunting
billy goats, or whatever trolls are supposed to do, if I'm going to do my job right. And wear a sign that says
SPECIAL TROLL. On my little pointy red hat, or whatever trolls wear these days!
:tongue:

Last edited:

Hi Dante: Sorry you are so obsessed with failure?

What is your philosophy on this, since you keep pointing things
out in terms of "failures" -- is that a determining factor for you, Dante?

Please, I don't know her well, but I've met Jill Stein. We lived relatively close to each other and we had mutual acquaintances. Many progressives think she was a joke. I have no offered my personal opinion of her and her sincere beliefs.

Wow Dante that's so cool that you've met!
I would like to meet Ralph Nader and pick his brain about modeling a grievance system after his OSHA process for complaints and corrections to govt and corp violations of the Bill of Rights, 14th Amendment and Code of Ethics for Govt Service. See if he calls me a troll, a nut, or a special nut for thinking people should organize a direct check on govt at all levels.

I am personal friends with a reasonable Conservative Republican who has campaigned twice for President to study how accessible the election process is for regular working business people. Vern and I agree on ending legal abuse, he is more traditional Christian and I am way liberal; we are both Constitutionalists so whenever I explain things in those terms he gets it even if we disagree on which bias or direction we favor per policy. the main thing he disgrees with me on is that ppl especially liberal Democrats can be held to Constitutional values. He doesn't think they will respond, so he doesn't ask or try to work with other parties on that basis, so of course nothing changes! When I point out he and I can work out our prolife prochoice differences by sticking with the Constitution we agree to respect equally, he says I'm not a real Democrat. So I guess I am a Special Troll and a Special Democrat, not like the others.

Thank you for making me feel special Dante.
I hope you can explain what you call the same concepts symbolized in religion, so I can understand what makes you special, too!

we can be special together,
I much prefer that rather than being trolls or nuts!

abd3eYoV.gif

By the time I set up shop, we may be printing alternative currency, such as assessing debts and damages to taxpayers for corporate abuse of govt resources to destroy historic and environmental sites, and issuing notes against those debts to fund the restoration and educational outreach work. Or if we can get Bill Gates to buy out these districts or projects then we can all barter and work for free in exchange for living like hippies off the land, with Occupy and Green members growing their own gardens and libertarians doing their thing.
We can secede that way and let everyone else have at it. Just buy out whole communities under nonprofits or schools and do all the same work we would normally do as a campus.

Oh well.

Like nontheists can be included in Christian teachings of salvation because the natural laws are also governed by Justice which Jesus represents?

If I give up on humanity and secede from the planet, yes, you can come hang out so at least I won't be alone! I can pay you to cook and you can pay me to clean up, so we can hire each other back and forth to keep the unemployment rate down.

On my little troll island in the middle of la-la-fantasy land where all church-state issues can be resolved civilly but it gives everyone such a headache to work through the whole process to make peace with their most extreme opposites, they all find it easier post THEIR messages and run off and say I'm the one being a troll! World peace is faster that way!

The other way I offer is too much work, so it is easier for people to forgive and forget it, which then achieves the same end. So why not take the shortcut?

In the meantime, will need to practice how to dress like a gnome and live under a bridge, tauntingbilly goats, or whatever trolls are supposed to do, if I'm going to do my job right. And wear a sign that says SPECIAL TROLL. On my little pointy red hat, or whatever trolls wear these days!

Are you with the "love project" from zeitgeist?

Gates is promoting clean nuclear energy these days.

I made a thread about it but nobody was interested.

I need a major life change, my life is becoming too stressful, you know I had two significant family deaths one in October my cousin just dropped dead, (kinda suspicious how he was found dead in his apartment) and My dad in Jan 2013 , almost a month ago found dead in a motel.

In between that I got engaged even though I am anti-marriage.

I might be on the verge of dropping all my expectations of myself to find myself kind of thing:cool:

Did Dante call you a troll?

I don't really know Dante I just like reading his posts. :dunno:

Last edited:

I will have to look that up!

drifter said:
I need a major life change, my life is becoming too stressful, you know I had two significant family deaths one in October my cousin just dropped dead, (kinda suspicious how he was found dead in his apartment) and My dad in Jan 2013 , almost a month ago found dead in a motel.

I might be on the verge of dropping all my expectations of myself to find myself kind of thing:cool:

Yeah not only called me that, but a Special kind of Troll.
I've never been called that before, and feel rather honored to be so distinguished
among all the trolls or kinds of trolls out there.

As for you, hon, my gosh. When my father collapsed I went into denial for 5 years
and then my emotions that were suppressed suddenly blew the lid and came pouring out.

So be careful to give yourself space to GRIEVE and NOT stack life's daily grind on top trying to act normal where you squish yourself and can't breathe freely. It's okay and natural to keep doing what you normally would do, but really, you can need up to 5 years to get to running on all 4 tires again, and 10 before you take it for granted you're going to be okay. Don't jump into anything
this soon, but you are right, to BACK OFF from taking anything on until the mixed emotions and thoughts settle down.

Don't try to make any drastic decisions in the next 6 months or so, but coast for a while and take it easy on yourself.
If there are days you don't know up from down, that is where it's best to sit still and not try to overdo it by forcing yourself to act normal! FU that!

Please give yourself plenty of time. If there are any reactions you worry about having, like depression or anger, read up on those and practice having bad days where it doesn't bother you when these come up. Don't avoid them, but learn what to do when they hit you.

I'm so sorry about your dad, and hope you find much strength and comfort in the time you spend with your partner to make it through the first 6 months and first 1-2 years that can be very unpredictable.
PLEASE give yourself room to go all over the place emotionally or mentally and not worry okay!

Please take care and I hope things get easier for you, where you get to know your
patterns of on and off days. That sounds like a lot of changes in a short period of time.
So please be easy on yourself and know it's okay to just chill out and do nothing sometimes
while your mind or moods aren't sure if they're coming or going or what.

Whatever memories or emotions come up during this spiritual process,
just FORGIVE those and let go and it will make the ups and downs go away faster.
Holding on to them or trying to suppress or force them makes them worse.
The key is forgiveness and it releases the fear and strain attached so you can breathe!

I've been through multiple grief processes, not just once but twice, where 3 sudden deaths or traumas hit within the same period stacked on top of each other, so I know how disastrous it can be if you don't give yourself unconditional room.
Do not judge yourself or put weird expectations you can't meet. Just forgive how you feel and it will go smoother.

Yours truly,
Emily

Last edited:

Oh well.

If I give up on humanity and secede from the planet, yes, you can come hang out so at least I won't be alone! I can pay you to cook and you can pay me to clean up, so we can hire each other back and forth to keep the unemployment rate down.

On my little troll island in the middle of la-la-fantasy land where all church-state issues can be resolved civilly but it gives everyone such a headache to work through the whole process to make peace with their most extreme opposites, they all find it easier post THEIR messages and run off and say I'm the one being a troll! World peace is faster that way!

In the meantime, will need to practice how to dress like a gnome and live under a bridge, tauntingbilly goats, or whatever trolls are supposed to do, if I'm going to do my job right. And wear a sign that says SPECIAL TROLL. On my little pointy red hat, or whatever trolls wear these days!

Yeah not only that, but a Special kind of Troll.
I've never been called that, and feel rather honored to be so distinguished

As for you, hon, my gosh. When my father collapsed I went into denial for 5 years
and then my emotions that were suppressed suddenly blew the lid and came pouring out.

So be careful to give yourself space to GRIEVE and NOT stack life's daily grind on top trying to act normal where you squish yourself and can't breathe freely. It's okay and natural to keep doing what you normally would do, but really, you can need up to 5 years to get to running on all 4 tires again, and 10 before you take it for granted you're going to be okay.

Don't make any drastic decisions in the next 6 months or so, but take it easy on yourself.
If there are days you don't know up from down, that is where it's best to sit still and not try to overdo it by forcing yourself to act normal!

Please give yourself plenty of time. If there are any reactions you worry about having, like depression or anger, read up on those and practice having bad days where it doesn't bother you when these come up. Don't avoid them, but learn what to do when they hit you.

I'm so sorry about your dad, and hope you find much strength and comfort in your partner to make it through the first 6 months and first 1-2 years that can be very unpredictable.
PLEASE give yourself room to go all over the place emotionally or mentally and not worry!

Please take care and I hope things get easier for you, where you get to know your
patterns of on and off days. That sounds like a lot of changes in a short period of time.
So please be easy on yourself and know it's okay to just chill out and do nothing sometimes
just FORGIVE those and let go and it will make the ups and downs go away faster.
The key is forgiveness and it releases the fear and strain attached so you can breathe!

Yours truly,
Emily

My partner is away from me right now, most likely until April :dunno:

Thanks for the words.

In the meantime I am drifting around this board until something better comes along and I can cope/face stuff offline.

I just like the distraction for now:cool:

So be careful to give yourself space to GRIEVE and NOT stack life's daily grind on top trying to act normal where you squish yourself and can't breathe freely. It's okay and natural to keep doing what you normally would do, but really, you can need up to 5 years to get to running on all 4 tires again, and 10 before you take it for granted you're going to be okay.

Don't make any drastic decisions in the next 6 months or so, but take it easy on yourself.
If there are days you don't know up from down, that is where it's best to sit still and not try to overdo it by forcing yourself to act normal!

I'm so sorry about your dad, and hope you find much strength and comfort in your partner to make it through the first 6 months and first 1-2 years that can be very unpredictable.
PLEASE give yourself room to go all over the place emotionally or mentally and not worry!

Yours truly,
Emily

Thanks for the words.

In the meantime I am drifting around this board until something better comes along and I can cope/face stuff offline.

I do the same thing. I think of it as a productive form of proactive meditation
where you brainstorm ideas with others and see what comes up and what
inspires new insights and perspectives. Cool!

Try backpage.com if you want to see some fundies and atheists have at it.
Here the poli forum has stronger conservatives, over there the poli forum has
stronger liberals, including a former Republican. So it's funny that way, and I
wish the libs over there would tutor the ones over here and vice versa with the cons!

The reli section on craigslist is a real trip to follow.
So if you want to exercise diff parts of your brain,
try a little of each! backpage and craigslist

If you really want to stimulate yourself to get going,
trying digging around for where your anger phase is hiding
If you can hit that spot, you can launch a thousand ships if
you can work through wherever you have that hidden.

When I am burning up over things I try to think sad repentive thoughts
to cool down like water on fire; and the opposite when I am drowning
in sadness and lostness, then I try to fire myself up by getting mad at something.

So between the two energies, you can balance your chemistry and
try to rein yourself in to direct your attention where you can get something done.

If you want, I can pick your brain about your relationships and patterns
from your parents, and how that shapes your perception and communication with others.

If you get really bored, we can start a thread just to brainstorm and see what all direction your mind goes and comes up with new things. Just let it go all over the place
and free associate. And if you are really really bored try doing this on craigslist!

with love and hugs
from your special troll friend!
ha ha
I need a bumper sticker that says
SPECIAL TROLL and no one will
ever mess with me or park within 50 feet of my car

Last edited:

Yours truly,
Emily

Thanks for the words.

I do the same thing. I think of it as a productive form of proactive meditation
where you brainstorm ideas with others and see what comes up and what
inspires new insights and perspectives. Cool!

Try backpage.com if you want to see some fundies and atheists have at it.
Here the poli forum has stronger conservatives, over there the poli forum has
stronger liberals, including a former Republican. So it's funny that way, and I
wish the libs over there would tutor the ones over here and vice versa with the cons!

The reli section on craigslist is a real trip to follow.
So if you want to exercise diff parts of your brain,
try a little of each! backpage and craigslist

If you really want to stimulate yourself to get going,
trying digging around for where your anger phase is hiding
If you can hit that spot, you can launch a thousand ships if
you can work through wherever you have that hidden.

When I am burning up over things I try to think sad repentive thoughts
to cool down like water on fire; and the opposite when I am drowning
in sadness and lostness, then I try to fire myself up by getting mad at something.

So between the two energies, you can balance your chemistry and
try to rein yourself in to direct your attention where you can get something done.

If you want, I can pick your brain about your relationships and patterns
from your parents, and how that shapes your perception and communication with others.

If you get really bored, we can start a thread just to brainstorm and see what all direction your mind goes and comes up with new things. Just let it go all over the place
and free associate. And if you are really really bored try doing this on craigslist!

with love and hugs
from your special troll friend!
ha ha
I need a bumper sticker that says
SPECIAL TROLL and no one will
ever mess with me or park within 50 feet of my car

I think you are Special in that you put a lot of thought into your posts:cool:

I started this thread over a month ago as a newbie

http://www.usmessageboard.com/philosophy/271412-what-do-you-think-happens-after-we-die.html

I had no idea at the time my dad and pet would die within weeks or making this.

Kinda strange how life has a synchronicity to it :cool:

I think you are Special in that you put a lot of thought into your posts:cool:

I started this thread over a month ago as a newbie

http://www.usmessageboard.com/philosophy/271412-what-do-you-think-happens-after-we-die.html

I had no idea at the time my dad and pet would die within weeks or making this.

Kinda strange how life has a synchronicity to it :cool:

Hey d hold that thought. I will reply later, remind me!
I think of starting a new thread, just for brainstorming till we find something to debate on.
so we don't hijack or lay cowbird eggs in someone else's nest!
I will post a real quickie and we can let this thread get back on topic ok?

SEE: thread for drifter vs. your special troll friend emily
[has a poll for which are your favorite links to cool videos]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back