Customer Service...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
It's long been said that the measure of a good company is how they handle complaints and problems that arise.

Now, I've had countless experiences with bad customer service. We probably all have.

Instead of bitching about those, though, from what companies have you gotten exceptional customer service?

For me, I can sing the praises of Bolle Eyewear, Canon USA, and Mercedes-Benz. Each company has, in my opinion, gone out of their way and above and beyond to handle a problem I encountered.

Howsabout you?

It's long been said that the measure of a good company is how they handle complaints and problems that arise.

Now, I've had countless experiences with bad customer service. We probably all have.

Instead of bitching about those, though, from what companies have you gotten exceptional customer service?

For me, I can sing the praises of Bolle Eyewear, Canon USA, and Mercedes-Benz. Each company has, in my opinion, gone out of their way and above and beyond to handle a problem I encountered.

Howsabout you?
The company I work for. My customers are always telling me how they appreciate I'm always the first one to reply when they ask for a quote. Or how quickly I place their orders. Or how I always send the tracking info. It's the little details you have to pay attention to.

God it's so hard to remember the good ones. We always remember the bad never the good.

Tim Horton ladies are cool. At least at my location.

Howsabout you?
When they have an English accent, it increases your experience positively by a lot unless you can understand them easily

When they have an English accent, it increases your experience positively by a lot unless you can understand them easily
This annoys my brother and me. Dumber guys from England do better here in America because everyone thinks the accent is charming. They know this and it feeds their confidence. But really, they're idiots.

This annoys my brother and me. Dumber guys from England do better here in America because everyone thinks the accent is charming. They know this and it feeds their confidence. But really, they're idiots.
LOL! I meant a general American accent

Boy there are a lot of people I don't realize that aren't American on this board, unless I misunderstood you.

Bosch.

I had bought a Powerstar tankless electric water heater that had a ten year warranty. Of course warranty is only as good as the company that issues it. And sometime during that 10 years, Powerstar was bought by Bosch when they decided to get into the tankless water heater business.

When it was 9 years old, one of the three heating elements took a shit. The water heater still worked, but it wasn't working as good as it should when multiple hot water taps were being used at the same time, causing much complaining by my 5 teenaged daughters.

I called Bosch customer service, expecting that they might not back up the warranty because they didn't manufacture it.

They transferred me to a technician and I told him that I wasn't getting the correct resistances when I tested that heating element. Then he asked me, in unbroken American English, what resistances I was reading on my DMM at different points what gauge wiring I used, etc...

Then he said they would send me a brand new unit. Not just a heating element, a refurbished heater, or a pro-rated refund, but a whole brand new water heater.

So I got a brand new water heater for my house. And the old water heater still had 2 good heating elements, so I used that one in my garage.

Last edited:
LOL! I meant a general American accent

Boy there are a lot of people I don't realize that aren't American on this board, unless I misunderstood you.
I thought you meant English like from England. You mean an American accent.

I love southern accents. Southern American that is. England has several dialects too. Not all English accents are cool or sophisticated.

American accents I don't like. Philly, Jersey, Boston and NY.

No one from any country is dumber than YOU.
This particular brit I'm referring to married this woman with 2 kids and allowed her to quit her job. I know for a fact he has no savings for retirement and he's probably older than I am. Boy he must have really been lonely.

Honda USA- I have owned multiple cars with them, and though they rarely break when they do the customer service is always great.

Etihad Air-I had one particular incident where, through a fault of mine, I missed my flight. They not only booked me on the next flight fee free but upgraded me.

The company I work for. My customers are always telling me how they appreciate I'm always the first one to reply when they ask for a quote. Or how quickly I place their orders. Or how I always send the tracking info. It's the little details you have to pay attention to.

God it's so hard to remember the good ones. We always remember the bad never the good.

Tim Horton ladies are cool. At least at my location.
you do that for your pot costumers?.....

Forum List

Back