Crossbow advice?

EverCurious

Gold Member
Reaction score
So it's been on the "list" to pick up a crossbow for a few years and Cabela's is having a sale on them, but we're not sure to which to buy as this isn't a direction we've looked into before. (We have recurves and a compound [Bear Carnage] and kind of stuck with that over the years)

We're mostly talking about pleasure shooting here. Though it wouldn't be a bad idea to consider hunting, most of the game up here is large (moose, caribou, dall sheep, grizzlies, etc.) which we have a number of rifles and guns for that purpose. At most I figure rabbits, maybe beaver, ptarmigan, or snow goose in an end of the world scenario. Just something for the youngest to shoot (he's almost 18). Of consideration; my husband is 5'3" and my minor investigation has turned up that some of them would have draw lengths that are impractical for him.

Anyway, does anyone have any commentary on/personal experience with any of the following three being offered;

Bear Archery Fortus, TenPoint Titan Extreme Acu50, or Wicked Ridge Invader G3 ACU-52?

Prior to this sale at Cabela's we were considering to get a Bear Archery Fisix FFL, ya'll think that's our best bet or do we bite on the slashed prices of the other three? (Those are $150-200 off right now.)

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Crossbow advice?

Always point it away from you...... Unless you have a death wish or are into bolt piercing then ignore the first. :thup:

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List