Creation of Life vs Creation of the Universe

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

I know it's difficult to keep things straight when threads get longer. In the OP I linked to a story about how life on earth may have gotten a start. That issue is totally separate from the creation or existence of the Universe. What I mentioned was how religions that claim a god made mankind may have to dump that avenue and focus on god created the Universe as a back up plan. That is until we get evidence that a god had nothing to do with...

1. In my world, God did create the Universe, I don't have to fall back on it, I already believed that.
2. God made it all, and made it in a short period of time.
3. Making Heaven and Earth, and everything on Earth at the same time.
4. Finding evidence or proof, that there is no God in the original creative process of all we see, is like trying to prove rain isn't wet.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

How short a period of time?
200 or 600 million years?
Religous beliefs are beliefs, only. You can never prove my religous beliefs, ever. You can never disprove my religous beliefs also.
Same with yours.
Beliefs are not science.

1. Six Days.
2. What are your religious beliefs, I might want to take a crack at them?:lol:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

When I think about religion, god, life, the universe, humanity I wonder about what it is that drives people to...
For several decades it has been believed that life originated on the earth billions of years ago in soups of water and chemicals which interacted with energy from the Sun. This would make the formation of life an improbable event.

However, a number of scientists, including the present author (Sidharth, 2009, Journal of Cosmology Vol 1, Vol 10.) have been arguing for a dual mode origin of life, that is key ingredients like amino acids, but not yet fully formed life had reached Earth from outer space and chemically interacted with other ingredients present to form life.

As similar conditions could have taken place on other planets, this would mean that the formation and evolution of life may be far more probable than thought earlier, particularly on planets located in habitable zones.

For example, complex molecules have been discovered in interstellar space, for example, in the cool dust clouds of the Orion Nebula and in the constellation of Sagittarius.

Observations with telescopes, spectroscopes, radio telescopes and even orbiting observatories have confirmed the presence of molecules like methyl cyanide, water vapour, formaldehyde, methyl alcohol and even the potable ethyl alcohol.

Clearly there are several organic molecules in the cool dust clouds spread across outer space.
-Scientists weigh in on Hawking's alien warning

Did a god create the universe, and was humanity maybe created by a collision of random events?

This is where I think religion is headed as science makes things more clear. I think we will find an answer to how human life was created before we ever find our way through the competing theories of the creation of the universe.

Trying to use a god to create your universe because you know that there is no other way. Good one. You are getting there... keep on climing the mountain of truth.

When I think about religion, god, life, the universe, humanity I wonder about what it is that drives people to...
For several decades it has been believed that life originated on the earth billions of years ago in soups of water and chemicals which interacted with energy from the Sun. This would make the formation of life an improbable event.

However, a number of scientists, including the present author (Sidharth, 2009, Journal of Cosmology Vol 1, Vol 10.) have been arguing for a dual mode origin of life, that is key ingredients like amino acids, but not yet fully formed life had reached Earth from outer space and chemically interacted with other ingredients present to form life.

As similar conditions could have taken place on other planets, this would mean that the formation and evolution of life may be far more probable than thought earlier, particularly on planets located in habitable zones.

For example, complex molecules have been discovered in interstellar space, for example, in the cool dust clouds of the Orion Nebula and in the constellation of Sagittarius.

Observations with telescopes, spectroscopes, radio telescopes and even orbiting observatories have confirmed the presence of molecules like methyl cyanide, water vapour, formaldehyde, methyl alcohol and even the potable ethyl alcohol.

Clearly there are several organic molecules in the cool dust clouds spread across outer space.
-Scientists weigh in on Hawking's alien warning

Did a god create the universe, and was humanity maybe created by a collision of random events?

This is where I think religion is headed as science makes things more clear. I think we will find an answer to how human life was created before we ever find our way through the competing theories of the creation of the universe.

Trying to use a god to create your universe because you know that there is no other way. Good one. You are getting there... keep on climing the mountain of truth.

your meds need readjusting.

Forum List

Back